Preview 2022 Round 8 Carlton vs Adelaide Sunday 8th May 4:40PM @ Marvel Stadium - Team Update - Post #689

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with most of this, but would be shocked if Owies was dropped after 8 tackles (6 inside 50) and 2 goals.

Reckon you could make a case to drop Durdin for a fortnight though, to afford Motlop a run. Love his endeavour, but in the last 3 games he's kicked 1 goal and is only averaging 3 tackles. Both he and Motlop are long term players for us, so there's shouldn't be any issue with alternating them a bit this year.

Would rather pair each with the more mature Owies, who I think is actually developing into something of a leader in that forward line, than play both the youngsters together.
Love Durds' energy though, and feel like he does a bit of stuff that isn't necessarily stat-worthy. I get there's the pressure acts (fwds: CD 20, MO 17, ZF 16, JC 13, JS 12, JM 7, CC 5, HM 5), but that's also kind of some secret sauce going on there. The pace he runs at the opposition is great, even if he doesn't quite get there to take that PA stat he's coming fast enough to make them get rid of the ball more hurriedly than they'd like. Loved that tackle last week where the handball looped just enough and he came in from what felt like 20+m away to make the hit.

Agree with most of this, but would be shocked if Owies was dropped after 8 tackles (6 inside 50) and 2 goals.

Reckon you could make a case to drop Durdin for a fortnight though, to afford Motlop a run. Love his endeavour, but in the last 3 games he's kicked 1 goal and is only averaging 3 tackles. Both he and Motlop are long term players for us, so there's shouldn't be any issue with alternating them a bit this year.

Would rather pair each with the more mature Owies, who I think is actually developing into something of a leader in that forward line, than play both the youngsters together.

Would like to see Motlop get a run. I think his ability to get to the front of packs and read the ball off hands will really compliment our tall's.

Some things can't be taught!

Would like to see Dow in.
Walsh to the wing, come on Vossy … you can do it !!
As was always going to be the case last week, we should be to powerful across the ground for this mob and record another convincing win.
Banking early wins in a season is crucial, there should be no let up at all on Sunday …
Dow maybe sub
Dow slower than Walsh or Carroll....cannot provide 4 quarters of AFL footy currently he can do 3 quaterers in VFL against easy opposition

unless you want to see some damage to our scoreboard.....Dow is working hard,he is taking time till he is ready to attack the ball all of the time

it should happen :thumbsu:

We have the defence to curtail their forward line, but they don't have the same ability at the other end, save for some pace running it out.

In the midfield, it's somewhat even, with Cripps being the point of difference that the Crows may focus on. Dow would make things a lot easier to exploit if the MC are feeling inclined.

I think we win easily, but I would have liked to seen more changes. We've got an entire year's worth of physical maturity and football experience over them, so I hope we show it out there and thrash them.
we have battled very hard against some average teams to be at just under 105 % ....
Voss looks to have put a good pre season into this group,and he has them motivated BUT even tho we do have some of the leagues best players there is still a long way to go in defining the system technique and or self understanding of that
This game could be a thrashing by CFC....but more likely a catchup either way as this team settles itself

3 goals would do me :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you. Consider my anticipation of a 200 point victory to be fully tempered. I'm now only expecting a 180 point margin. 😄
after the desert CFC supporters have encountered the past 10 yrs.....am happy with any win
most are probably still in rehab.......👈
we have weak wingers
our back 6 is ok...our rebounders are elite and could improve,and probably will
our mids are building and so is our system
our forwards are elite,and could improve

but this is a new mix and will still stake any win...my thoughts possibly are we havnt cooked our jets with huge wins so far and might have a bit left later in the season for a bit of finals

By the sounds of Voss's press conference Dow won't be picked and Carroll definitely playing. No real surprises there but worth noting given Carroll injury rumors. Also sounds like Harry is definitely playing.

Also sounds like Marchbank could be back in the 1s sooner then we think. Playing full minutes in the VFL so probably just needs a couple of weeks to get match fitness and then it will be down to form.

Team is in ...

IN: Zac Williams
OUT: Liam Stocker (suspension), Matthew Cottrell

Backs:Zac WilliamsJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Adam SaadLewis YoungSam Docherty
Centreline:Jack CarrollPatrick CrippsLochie O'Brien
Half-forwards:Zac FisherCharlie CurnowJack Martin
Forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayCorey Durdin
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshAdam Cerra
Interchange:Matthew KennedyJack NewnesLachie Plowman
Jack Silvagni
Emergencies:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellPaddy Dow
Jesse Motlop

Them ...

Rnd-8-Web-Lineup-FINAL-1080x1350-.png

Love Durds' energy though, and feel like he does a bit of stuff that isn't necessarily stat-worthy. I get there's the pressure acts (fwds: CD 20, MO 17, ZF 16, JC 13, JS 12, JM 7, CC 5, HM 5), but that's also kind of some secret sauce going on there. The pace he runs at the opposition is great, even if he doesn't quite get there to take that PA stat he's coming fast enough to make them get rid of the ball more hurriedly than they'd like. Loved that tackle last week where the handball looped just enough and he came in from what felt like 20+m away to make the hit.
He didn't find much of the footy himself but his pressure vs North was immense. You kind of want to reward that. He'd want to be kicking some goals soon but if he's applying himself like that coaches will love him

Before last weekend I'd have said Owies was very close to being dropped as he doesn't have the same pressure output so needs goals to balance out the ledger. Well he did that and bad 8 tackles so is safe.

As much as I'd like to see Motlop I don't think either small is droppable this week, and indeed the selection committee think

After the disaster that was the Hawks game (spent 2 hours trying to find a park and left at half time), this will be my first game I'm attending for the year. Just a win by any means thanks.
Mate that was such a shambles.

I took my two young kids so aimed to get there an hour early. We litterally sat on punt Rd for about an hour. Only just caught the bounce.

I'll be taking them again this Sunday. They are looking forward to seeing their 2nd win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back