Fixture 2022 Season Fixture & Ticketing Info

Remove this Banner Ad

Im
Still getting no results I don’t know how the tickets are appearing for everyone
I think anyone who gets one is fluking it.

Many many many people are all searching there non stop at the same time, a ticket is a needle in a haystack basically and if you do see you you'd be hoping you fluked getting it first, as frustrating as it is for people blaming the site etc doesn't make sense, it would be completely overwhelmed with traffic for something it's not meant for

ticketek should have the common sense to use extra server space to accommodate the increased traffic that comes with the OBVIOUSLY biggest sporting event of the year in australia. they should properly lock people out once someone else has swooped on a ticket, not leave EVERYONE sitting there in the same limbo window wondering whether or not theyve secured a ticket, only for it to display 'unable to lock ticket' after 5 minutes of loading
It's a waste of money for them, so why would they. They tickets are all going anyway so they won't care. People miss out, it's shit, but it is what it is

Still have the AFL events package (Category 3) Q25 that I bought before the prelim last Saturday (Pies supporter) Paid $2200 for it and looking to sell it today. Think it has to be done today because I need to change the name on the ticket (hence I’ll need to call the events team)

Can send the ticket I currently have if you want to double check. PM me

Any MCC members know from experience what time to arrive to guarantee making the cut for walk-up tickets?
It depends on the teams, you've gotten lucky it wasn't Collingwood.

But for Sydney I would suggest 5:00am ish, would all but guarantee entry.

9am - 10am should be ok from previous years (if you like a bird's eye view at the top). My wife and a few mates are shooting for 6am, just to be sure.

Fair disparity in these answers. Now I'm even more confused. :drunk:

I mean you would probably be alright getting there at 8-9ish but for an absolute locked in guarantee I would be shooting for between 5-6.

But that is just me.

I've been to most grand finals in the MCC in the last 20 years. For a Geelong-Sydney game, if you show up around 7am and jump on the back of the queue, you'll have no issue getting a reasonable seat. Might even be on Level 1, but certainly on the wing on Level 4 (although it'll be up the back). It's a civilised hour, at least.

If you really don't care where you sit, shoot for 8.30am after the queue has cleared, head up to L4 and find a seat. Members with reserved seats can enter from 9am, and some of those might try to get a better seat, so you want to be in before then.

Grab your seat, go get brekky, then settle in for a pint or three. Easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't recall that the MCC has ever shut the gates to full members on Grand Final Day (I could be wrong though!). As it's only full members allowed to attend, over 1 in every 3 eligible members would need to turn up. And even when all available seating is taken, there's standing room and the bars.

A GF with any two of Melbourne/Richmond/Collingwood/Essendon competing might test that though.

Is this for full members only?
Yes, full members only. In previous years, restricted members have been able to purchase a ticket at around midday if capacity is unlikely to be reached, but you only find out about 15 minutes beforehand.

The MCC hasn't made any mention of that occurring this year, as I suspect demand will be high after no GF at the G for the last two years.

Gee v Coll in 2011 had rollups until 10am. Earlier the better is the best guidance.
I mean you would probably be alright getting there at 8-9ish but for an absolute locked in guarantee I would be shooting for between 5-6.

But that is just me.
I've been to most grand finals in the MCC in the last 20 years. For a Geelong-Sydney game, if you show up around 7am and jump on the back of the queue, you'll have no issue getting a reasonable seat. Might even be on Level 1, but certainly on the wing on Level 4 (although it'll be up the back). It's a civilised hour, at least.

If you really don't care where you sit, shoot for 8.30am after the queue has cleared, head up to L4 and find a seat. Members with reserved seats can enter from 9am, and some of those might try to get a better seat, so you want to be in before then.

Grab your seat, go get brekky, then settle in for a pint or three. Easy.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. Will take this on board for tomorrow. :thumbsu:

Someone is trying to sell me (as a non MCC member) tickets in a MCC bay. This is almost definitely a scam, right? From what I understood, MCC tickets are non-transferable and you need to present photo ID to get in? A MCC member would be risking a ban to sell the tickets too, I think, so very unlikely they'd want to?

Someone is trying to sell me (as a non MCC member) tickets in a MCC bay. This is almost definitely a scam, right? From what I understood, MCC tickets are non-transferable and you need to present photo ID to get in? A MCC member would be risking a ban to sell the tickets too, I think, so very unlikely they'd want to?
Yes, ID is needed. Moreover entering as a non-member has serious consequences for the member selling. Buyer beware.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fixture 2022 Season Fixture & Ticketing Info

Remove this Banner Ad

Back