List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and the wife are heading to the game with 6 other Carlton supporters.

Is there any way we win? It would be typical of us if we knock them off.
Take some ear plugs so you don't have to listen to their sh1t

So two bad weeks in a team who had two bad weeks and we need to get rid of him.

Yup.
Anyone ever consider the backs look bad and in particular the key backs when the mids are lazy and let the opposition stream through the guts?
So myopic but so typical to looked at the results not the cause. Heaven forbid the midfield darlings get critisiced for allowing the opposition key forwards to have free reign in their forward 50.
And the stupidest take is Howard should be up on a wing for kick ins? Lol wat? Only defender we have near 2 metre and we want our small backs to defend repeat entries.
Do people actual watch football and have an inkling on how it works nowadays?
Where did I ever say get rid of him?

Also it’s not just defending. His decision making with ball in hand has been terrible.

He’s vice captain FFS. He needs to be leading by example.

I also dont think people realise how few big key defenders there are out there. A lot of clubs would love a KPD as good as Dougal to play every week. And if we got rid of him, we'd be back the back of a long line trying to desperately find one.

Overall, our key defender set up has been the least of our worries this year. Howard, Battle, Wilkie seem to compliment each other well and are a group who can play together back there for a long time.
We are a better team with him than without him , and any key back who has to put up with unlimited forward 50 entries which has been the case , I would say he has been doing a good job.
● Ranked 1st in One Percenters Per Game , shows he is as good or better than most key defenders - guys like Rance dominated 1%ers when he was playing.
How he go against Hawkins , Lynch , Brown , Danaher etc - not to bad and without him god knows what would of happened.

melbourne were super s**t... first thing they did to fix it was get roos... then they poached a decent head recruiter

roos helped turn the culture around inside the playing group

the head recruiter actually delivered decent players
Actually, the AFL did it for them.
Pretty sure they paid for Roos too after the whole “tanking that wasn’t“ saga.
Also the reason they got pick 3 for Frawley, which turned out to be Angus Brayshaw - nice little gift there too.

We are a better team with him than without him , and any key back who has to put up with unlimited forward 50 entries which has been the case , I would say he has been doing a good job.
● Ranked 1st in One Percenters Per Game , shows he is as good or better than most key defenders - guys like Rance dominated 1%ers when he was playing.
How he go against Hawkins , Lynch , Brown , Danaher etc - not to bad and without him god knows what would of happened.
Sheesh, facts are anathema to this place.

Much better to go with gut feeling so as to scapegoat one player and avoid looking at the real issues.

It's just like the 'lets get GT back' crowd. Always looking for the wrong solution to a different issue

Where did I ever say get rid of him?

Also it’s not just defending. His decision making with ball in hand has been terrible.

He’s vice captain FFS. He needs to be leading by example.
It seems strange we only here how bad he is and everything he does is crap , not once have I seen a positive post about the guy.

People don't realize playing in the last line of defensive is one of the hardest jobs in football - playing on the key goal kicking target and then how many bags has he had kicked on him - not too many.

It seems strange we only here how bad he is and everything he does is crap , not once have I seen a positive post about the guy.

People don't realize playing in the last line of defensive is one of the hardest jobs in football - playing on the key goal kicking target and then how many bags has he had kicked on him - not too many.
It’s cos his form over the past month has been shit. He was fine earlier in the year. A bit shaky at times, but we were winning and our backline was holding up.
Wilkie has also lowered his colours a bit, but he hasn’t been as bad. Why aren’t we seeing people carrying on about Wilkie?

Also, Seb was the same for the last 3 years. Some of the shit he copped was mostly unfair, but people gave it to him week in week out and 90% of posters on this board wanted him delisted.

Which interestingly is his effectiveness percentage in comparison to Rance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s cos his form over the past month has been s**t. He was fine earlier in the year. A bit shaky at times, but we were winning and our backline was holding up.
Wilkie has also lowered his colours a bit, but he hasn’t been as bad. Why aren’t we seeing people carrying on about Wilkie?

Also, Seb was the same for the last 3 years. Some of the s**t he copped was mostly unfair, but people gave it to him week in week out and 90% of posters on this board wanted him delisted.

I think Wilkie is having a very good year.

Which interestingly is his effectiveness percentage in comparison to Rance.
Never heard of a effectiveness % before , but he applies pressure more than any other AFL player must be a good stat.
Pretty easy to bag a key defender who plays on the most damaging tall forward and the ball is coming into the hot zone more than bombs hitting Bagdad.

If we control the ball from the middle more the defense wouldn't be under so much pressure , one quarter in the last game the ball was inside our defensive 50 for 22 minutes in the quarter and they only kicked 2 goals - so going by that they are doing a heck of a job - the problem is carrying it out of the backline , those link players have been missing.

Anyway back to Howard , he may not be a Ross Glendinning but he is all we have and I'll tell you this he keeps his player under control as in they are not kicking bags on the guy and at least he can kick , the guy we had before (Brown) wouldn't and wouldn't hardly take a mark.

Howard has just turned 26 , our only tall defender and for a guy who hasn't yet played 100 games the best is in front of the guy.

People are quick to condemn players , coaches when things are not going to good - people here were quick to write off Marshall at the beginning and lets not forget McKenzie.

It’s cos his form over the past month has been s**t. He was fine earlier in the year. A bit shaky at times, but we were winning and our backline was holding up.

Also, Seb was the same for the last 3 years. Some of the s**t he copped was mostly unfair, but people gave it to him week in week out and 90% of posters on this board wanted him delisted.
Anyway Howard is going to have his hands full this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back