List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much of what north is experiencing is self inflicted. Load up with older guys for a flag chance then just blow it up, basically giving players away for unders. Now it’s poor north get out the begging bowl, they could have killed last years draft if they’d traded pick one. So they kept the pick and drafted a south Australian guy they won’t be able to hold on to, two years wasted.
I suppose you have to back your footy club to keep them especially when they are rated a stand out pick one.

How much of what north is experiencing is self inflicted. Load up with older guys for a flag chance then just blow it up, basically giving players away for unders. Now it’s poor north get out the begging bowl, they could have killed last years draft if they’d traded pick one. So they kept the pick and drafted an south Australian guy they won’t be able to hold on to, two years wasted.

They are probably better off asking for Adelaide's first and second pick for him and going again at the draft. Pick 1, 4, 19, 23 would get them a good leg up. Go chase down fringe kids like Brodie that might be happy to get a game. If guys like Zurhar go they might get pick one and two.

They are probably better off asking for Adelaide's first and second pick for him and going again at the draft. Pick 1, 4, 19, 23 would get them a good leg up. Go chase down fringe kids like Brodie that might be happy to get a game. If guys like Zurhar go they might get pick one and two.
You can’t do it on drafted players. You need to have balance well unless you get a super draft which seems to happen about once every ten years.

That's what we said about GC a few years ago. It can turn quickly if you get the picks right. Hire them a gun recruiter instead.
The model should be very clear by now because we’ve watched gc and gws. All kids no matter how good and you get smashed, you need to trade some of those picks to create a balanced list. Gws are stuffed full of mids and have other obvious needs, who did they take with their first last year ?.

Can't believe the talk of Norff geting a PP. They gutted their list to historic proportions and now they're trash because of it. %100 self inflicted, zero sympathy.
Pick 19 isn’t such a huge pick. Most crap sides are because of self infliction. Didn’t we get 2 of them years ago and back then it was before the first pick. I don’t think we should really care.

They have some serious talent already so they need to trade some of that for a few experienced hard at it senior players. They won’t though, it will be the million dollar offer to de goey or similar. Angus brayshaw would be a fantastic get for them and maybe someone else from the dees who will get squeezed out.

Pick 19 isn’t such a huge pick. Most crap sides are because of self infliction. Didn’t we get 2 of them years ago and back then it was before the first pick. I don’t think we should really care.
I don't actually care, and in fact l want Norff to do ok and l actually think they will with their current talent in a couple of years. But is p19 gonna make a difference? No. And again, self inflicted to a stupid degree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As the standard of footy drops there will be more and more like him.
Maybe we’ll see a few more footballers and a few less athletes.
Really. How the hell did they have 3 first rounders? How does their draft picks look? I have no idea.
Rachelle at six, I have no idea how they were finding two more although I think they traded a future first for Dawson that they had from another club. So it may well have been 3 over two years but the story seems pretty solid.

I don't actually care, and in fact l want Norff to do ok and l actually think they will with their current talent in a couple of years. But is p19 gonna make a difference? No. And again, self inflicted to a stupid degree.
Probably won’t make a big difference but better than nothing and I doubt any club gets pick 1 ever again. Well not true. If Tassie come in they will.

You can’t do it on drafted players. You need to have balance well unless you get a super draft which seems to happen about once every ten years.

For sure you need to be smart but all sides improve, if you prune back hard you take a lot longer.

The model should be very clear by now because we’ve watched gc and gws. All kids no matter how good and you get smashed, you need to trade some of those picks to create a balanced list. Gws are stuffed full of mids and have other obvious needs, who did they take with their first last year ?.

You don't even need to trade, pick up a recently retired old guy from a good system, take some VFL guns etc.

For sure you need to be smart but all sides improve, if you prune back hard you take a lot longer.
Seriously screw north, they did this to themselves.

Fancy letting Ben Brown go due to "surplus of needs" for pick 26 and change.

And always going for the best of the best free agents when they're bottom 6

They need leaders and experience, go over pay and get someone like a pendles for 2 years on a million a year. Instead of paying crap or young players top dollar like we did.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

They need leaders and experience, go over pay and get someone like a pendles for 2 years on a million a year. Instead of paying crap or young players top dollar like we did.

Maybe we could do a deal with North for Hanners? ;)

It was Brown and 28 for 26 and 33.
Both those picks were on-traded to Collingwood for Stephenson, so it almost works out a reasonable deal for them, but an amazing bargain for Melbourne.
They would hope that Stephenson is still playing in 5 years, and he could be a gun. Brown will be retired. ( Probably ).
As for Collingwood, who knows, but the guys they got in the 2020 draft have had as much exposure as Allison has for us.

It was Brown and 28 for 26 and 33.
Both those picks were on-traded to Collingwood for Stephenson, so it almost works out a reasonable deal for them, but an amazing bargain for Melbourne.
They would hope that Stephenson is still playing in 5 years, and he could be a gun. Brown will be retired. ( Probably ).
As for Collingwood, who knows, but the guys they got in the 2020 draft have had as much exposure as Allison has for us.
Stephenson is a dud.

Is he worth an experienced key fwd that can assist in the development of the younger guys coming through? I don't think so.

If I was a part of Norths recruitment team I'd bring in pendles and Selwood on big deals to assist in development and on field coaching.

This game is the prime example of why I don't want anything to do with Amon. He's like the invisible man out there. Nearly always has great numbers but has no influence.
We already recruited Zac Jones to play that role.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

This game is the prime example of why I don't want anything to do with Amon. He's like the invisible man out there. Nearly always has great numbers but has no influence.
We already recruited Zac Jones to play that role.

Haha 5 mins later kicks a crucial goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back