List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing what the ball of muscle Rowell does on the field it’s clear some players put the extra effort required to be a star of the game.

Still waiting for the day one of our young players turns up to the start of the season with some muscle on them… never happens.
Coffield was looking bloody big in the upper body in the preseason training photos over summer.

I hope we are looking hard at the best state league key defenders for the MSD

Honestly I'd rather just play Irish and get hold of a Partington/Jye Bolton/Freezer type of state-league ready to go mid that could fill in if we get short again.

Honestly I'd rather just play Irish and get hold of a Partington/Jye Bolton/Freezer type of state-league ready to go mid that could fill in if we get short again.
Without going through and looking, I get the feeling most of the success from picking mature state league players seems to be bigger guys (aside from Kelly)

This wouldn't be a surprise considering big guys take longer to develop.

I'd like to see us focus on grabbing quality mids with our high picks and looking outside the box for a key defender.

I'd prefer to give games to young mids than those types you mentioned.

Makes sense if Jones, Bytel and Clark were expected to be out for most of the year but all should be back within weeks

Without going through and looking, I get the feeling most of the success from picking mature state league players seems to be bigger guys (aside from Kelly)

This wouldn't be a surprise considering big guys take longer to develop.

I'd like to see us focus on grabbing quality mids with our high picks and looking outside the box for a key defender.

I'd prefer to give games to young mids than those types you mentioned.

Makes sense if Jones, Bytel and Clark were expected to be out for most of the year but all should be back within weeks

Essendon have a couple of handy smaller ones. I think it's just that they get less chances. Liam Ryan, James Tsitas, Alec Waterman, Nick Martin, Adam Saad, Nick Hind, Kane Lambert, Marlion Pickett, Menagola, Stewart, Tyson Stengle, Bailey Fritsch, Mitch Hannan, .......etc etc. There are a heap of good ones still out there now.

Essendon have a couple of handy smaller ones. I think it's just that they get less chances. Liam Ryan, James Tsitas, Alec Waterman, Nick Martin, Adam Saad, Nick Hind, Kane Lambert, Marlion Pickett, Menagola, Stewart, Tyson Stengle, Bailey Fritsch, Mitch Hannan, .......etc etc. There are a heap of good ones still out there now.
Not too many genuine mids in amongst that list

Just from our list we've got Hayes, Wilkie, Marshall, Highmore and Sharman all bigger types from the state league

Ben Brown, Collins, McLean, Stewart, Mihocek, Kreuzer, Riccardi etc

Some handy big guys running around and we really do need another key back

Not too many genuine mids in amongst that list

Just from our list we've got Hayes, Wilkie, Marshall, Highmore and Sharman all bigger types from the state league

Ben Brown, Collins, McLean, Stewart, Mihocek, Kreuzer, Riccardi etc

Some handy big guys running around and we really do need another key back

I think that's the clubs, they seem to favour the talls. Kelly and Menagola look like the same players at any level. Even guys like Lyons and Hugh Greenwood probably would never have made it except for the Gold Coast being desperate for mature talent.

It's crazy that guys like Eli Templeton can't get another go.

"....averaging 34.8 disposals, nine marks, five tackles, six clearances and eight inside-50s per game, while also kicking eight goals.

He peaked against Carlton last Saturday with a club-record 49 disposals, two goals, 13 marks, five tackles, eight clearances and a VFL-record 17 inside-50s – all in a losing cause."

Or Partington

"THE former West Coast Eagles player had an impressive 2019 SANFL campaign, not only becoming a key player for Glenelg, but named the best player in the competition. His Margarey Medal win exemplified that his best is too good for state level, and it earned the 22-year-old inside midfielder a State Draft Combine invitation. He has improved his athleticism to go with his contested ball winning abilities and surely is one of the first mature-agers to get a look-in at this year's draft. At the combine, Partington smashed the 20m sprint (2.87 seconds) and agility test (8.15 seconds) as well as having a handy yo-yo test (21.2). For anyone who witnessed him run around in the SANFL this season, it was fairly clear he deserves another chance at the top level and was fitting that he claimed the league's best and fairest. The only real question marks over him will be his size - 181cm for an inside midfielder when the prototype is much taller - and his versatility such was his dominance in the middle. Neither of these should really be a deterrence though, and the areas Partington could have improved he did, so it is hard to look past his efforts in season 2019.

STRENGTHS: Athleticism, contested work, consistency, skills, consistency
IMPROVEMENTS: Versatility, size"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giants have all of Taranto, Green, Hopper and Now Callaghan. Surely we can squeeze one of those out? Would love to just do an Essendon with Caldwell and throw big coin to lure Callaghan.
Would be great to get a big inside mid.

I think Carlton would be worth targeting. You could probably shake a Kennedy and O'Brien loose if you pushed the contract up. They overpaid when desperate and now that a few have stepped up they should have a fragile cap.

Giants have all of Taranto, Green, Hopper and Now Callaghan. Surely we can squeeze one of those out? Would love to just do an Essendon with Caldwell and throw big coin to lure Callaghan.
Would be great to get a big inside mid.
Hopper is RFA next year.

Worth keeping in mind that Bytel is 189 and Mitichito is 191 or bigger.
We really just need to get these boys on the park. I'd also be locking Hunter in the gymnasium till he can snatch 100kgs+

I hear you, but I find these threads pointless anyway.
No one worthwhile is going to choose St Kilda.
Seems to me to be a lot of effort over meagre pickings.
Plenty of water to flow under the bridge before this season is over. We’re a fair to middling team not a basket case so we may be able to attract some quality.

Hopper is RFA next year.

Worth keeping in mind that Bytel is 189 and Mitichito is 191 or bigger.
We really just need to get these boys on the park. I'd also be locking Hunter in the gymnasium till he can snatch 100kgs+
The trouble is they give the kids a game and then dump them , that's not showing any faith in the kid and also shows that the muppets picking the team don't know what they are doing and have no faith in their own decision making, We really are a rabble of a club.

The trouble is they give the kids a game and then dump them , that's not showing any faith in the kid and also shows that the muppets picking the team don't know what they are doing and have no faith in their own decision making, We really are a rabble of a club.

I think we have struggled to identify talent and then manage the list profile. We don't seem to have great deal of ability to work out a best player for best position and keep a linear path. Also move on guys who seem to have something we need, Matty Parker would be the perfect addition to tomorrows game. Pressure and elusive goal scoring.....but we'll go back to Long because the cupboard is pretty bare. Long seems to have run his course but still listed. Surely by now we've made a call on him. Last year we tried to unload Dunny and Seb in one year along with Billings but were talking up a premiership potential list.

I'm not sure Gags and Rath have a great deal of clue about what they're doing. We lack mids and haven't made much effort to chase them. We got Hanners who was broken down and Jones who was a running half back but really have made a concerted effort to fix the issue. A tall accountable Jackman would be handy or play Irish, he's got enough to do the Petty type job IMO.

I hear you, but I find these threads pointless anyway.
No one worthwhile is going to choose St Kilda.
Seems to me to be a lot of effort over meagre pickings.
Most of our better players came from other clubs or taken from state leagues

They are out there and don't necessarily have to be huge names that cost 2 first round picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back