List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have a link to the article? I can't find anything on Google or the AFL website. Not doubting you, just trying to find the article you referenced.
From the article below:

"For instance, it would have allowed Adelaide to list one of Rory Sloane or Taylor Walker as a veteran for 2024 and opened up another spot on their primary list. The idea was designed to keep veterans in the game without sacrificing a list spot that a youngster may have taken, with the veteran’s full payments still counted in the salary cap."

There's a link in the post above

You seriously believe that West Coast would see that North are willing to give up 2 and 3, yet accept a deal where they don't get both? It'd make them look stupid to do that.

Do you really think that North values Reid higher than Curtin and McKercher* combined? They would want at least pick 6 back (or just anything before Melbourne's pick).
I don't know if it makes them stupid, but in that trade NM essentially gives up 2 and 3 for 1 and 20.

It'd be simpler to talk directly.

You seriously believe that West Coast would see that North are willing to give up 2 and 3, yet accept a deal where they don't get both? It'd make them look stupid to do that.

Do you really think that North values Reid higher than Curtin and McKercher* combined? They would want at least pick 6 back (or just anything before Melbourne's pick).
Where have they seen this? Everything I have read and heard is Kangas are NOT willing to give up 2 and 3 for pick 1 but will await your proof as I must have missed this.

as for how Kangas internally rate 2 and 3, seriously nobody knows (even who picks 2 and 3 are going to be). My understanding from reading is Duursma is very likely going at 2 or 3. What isn’t in dispute is Reid is being talked about as the best number one for many years.

I don't know if it makes them stupid, but in that trade NM essentially gives up 2 and 3 for 1 and 20.

It'd be simpler to talk directly.
Agreed and my previous post said Kangas least likely to accept the deal

Kangas, get Reid but perhaps the least likely as slide from 2 elite to one elite youngsters. i understand the premium needed for pick one but think they are the team that needs another top 10-12 back

A little bit irrelevant, but if WC slide to 2, from what I've seen, they'll be going Mckercher (not Curtin)

I'm a little bit worried about us sitting on our hands with 10, 14, 20, F1 since the depth 10 on wards is light (love moving up to 6 or 8 (don't mind moving into future as well)

but historically we've been pretty proactive in the pick swaps
Not sure any team has done better from pick swaps than us over the last 5-6 years inc the Blues first rounder swap, getting an extra pick in round one (Pedlar) from a 2 pick downgrade to GWS and others lesser deals.

Even this year getting GCS pick 14 (and Burgess) for 23 and 26 is SO superior (considering we got Burgess for equivalent of pick 43 and we all know the points system is flawed over-valuing picks after first round at the expense of under-valuing earlier picks) to Deez trading 14, 27 and 35 (almost double the points) and only getting pick 11 back, the point differential is worth pick 13 in theory

Where have they seen this? Everything I have read and heard is Kangas are NOT willing to give up 2 and 3 for pick 1 but will await your proof as I must have missed this.

as for how Kangas internally rate 2 and 3, seriously nobody knows (even who picks 2 and 3 are going to be). My understanding from reading is Duursma is very likely going at 2 or 3. What isn’t in dispute is Reid is being talked about as the best number one for many years.
North giving up 2 and 3 in this trade (that will never happen) is what they are saying, and I have been insisting from the start that North wouldn't do it. You might need to read the thread back a bit.

McKercher being the other pick is just my personal guess on who they take with Curtin, it could well end up being Duursma instead.

I think by the end of this season we will have a few easy names to de-list. I also think we will bring in AT LEAST 2 Free Agents. Will Hayward and I reckon Liam Duggan to come to us too. I have no info, but see this being something that might happen.

I think by the end of this season we will have a few easy names to de-list. I also think we will bring in AT LEAST 2 Free Agents. Will Hayward and I reckon Liam Duggan to come to us too. I have no info, but see this being something that might happen.
I take it you mean end of next season? Because the trade period has closed, and I'm fairly certain the free agency period (for contracted players like those two) is also closed.

Duggan has put his hand up for the West Coast captaincy, so if he gets it (which isn't overly likely - Barrass and Allen are both more likely at this stage) then I doubt he leaves. If he doesn't... then the door may be ajar.

I take it you mean end of next season? Because the trade period has closed, and I'm fairly certain the free agency period (for contracted players like those two) is also closed.

Duggan has put his hand up for the West Coast captaincy, so if he gets it (which isn't overly likely - Barrass and Allen are both more likely at this stage) then I doubt he leaves. If he doesn't... then the door may be ajar.
Yeah, by the end of this upcoming season. 2024. Tis when they are free agents

2023 is dead to me.

F9ZaRUdasAAyXhd

Wouldn't be against Adelaide doing something similar as an experiment. i.e Riley Clamp, Blayne O'Loughlin, Jarman Sigal

What would be the point?

Seems like they’re trying to keep a good link between Sandringham and St Kilda. We don’t need to do that.

We can always draft players if they’re good enough, don’t understand why we would look ourselves in to doing so.

F9ZaRUdasAAyXhd

Wouldn't be against Adelaide doing something similar as an experiment. i.e Riley Clamp, Blayne O'Loughlin, Jarman Sigal
St Kilda have committed to wasting a list spot every year basically.

We do already when we had Sloane on our list for the past couple of seasons and next year as well. :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North giving up 2 and 3 in this trade (that will never happen) is what they are saying, and I have been insisting from the start that North wouldn't do it. You might need to read the thread back a bit.

McKercher being the other pick is just my personal guess on who they take with Curtin, it could well end up being Duursma instead.
Ok mate perhaps a misunderstanding . We both agree Kangas won’t give up 2 and 3 for one. I just haven’t seen it being discussed from any reputable source that they are even considering it. Cheers

What would be the point?

Seems like they’re trying to keep a good link between Sandringham and St Kilda. We don’t need to do that.

We can always draft players if they’re good enough, don’t understand why we would look ourselves in to doing so.
Seems like Sandringham would enhance it's ability to attract recruits, because of the SAINT's draft policy .....this could in turn attract recruitable players

That said, like NGA ....other Clubs could still raid, so the initiative by the Saints is questionable

Final lost lodgement tomorrow isn’t it?

We will need to make some moves
Monday 9th - Wednesday 18th October 2023 List Lodgement (1) Tuesday 31st October 2023 Father-Son And Academy Bidding Nominations Lodged Tuesday 31st October 2023 Father-Son Bidding Nominations and Northern and NGA Academy bidding Nominations lodged. Out-of-Contract Listed AFL Primary List Players Draft Nomination Form Lodged Tuesday 31st October 2023 Note: Out-of-Contract Listed players who lodge a nomination form at this time are delisted automatically and must stipulate they are either entering the National Draft or the nomination form is to be held over for the Pre-Season Draft (thus bypassing the National Draft). List Lodgement (2) Thursday 9th November 2023 Draft Nomination Form Lodgement Close Monday 13th November 2023 Delisted Primary List Draft Nomination Form Lodgement Close Monday 13th November 2023 Note: Delisted Primary List Players must stipulate if they are either entering the National Draft or if the Nomination is to be held over for the Pre-Season Draft (thus bypassing the National Draft)

Esava isn’t replacing Aliir in the 22. Esava is an improvement on the player who would otherwise be in the best 22 but will instead be playing for the Magpies.
Which is McKenzie , he will be lucky to play next year

Esava will allow Alir to be able to play with more freedom and intercept mark as it got to point where Alir was needed to play on the best forward each week which isn’t their plan A

Murray upgraded, Borlase delisted, to be picked up as a rookie. Parnell not mentioned means he gets another year on the rookie list.

We still only have 2 spots, so either we're trading up/out or someone will be delisted before list lodgement on Nov 13.

Murray upgraded, Borlase delisted, to be picked up as a rookie. Parnell not mentioned means he gets another year on the rookie list.

We still only have 2 spots, so either we're trading up/out or someone will be delisted before list lodgement on Nov 13.
There you go. I'd be surprised if we take 3 players to be honest.
Hamill is the only obvious candidate and would mean we would have Parnell and Hamill on the rookie list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back