List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to have Durdin, Mots, Fogarty and Owies all competing for one or two spots. Keeps them hungry and focused which is what the defensive forward/goalsneak role requires. Owies has one spot sewn up for now with his craft and craftiness. Just keeps getting to the right spots at the right times. Fog looking the goods as well. People should take note of how often Fogarty and Cunners are showing up on the periphery of stoppages between the arcs. Far more so than Durdin, Mots and Fisher were earlier in the season. Speaks to the confidence that Voss has in them to crack in and win the ground ball, whilst holding width when necessary to provide an outlet or shut down oppo spread.

Medium/impact forward should be our number one draft target. Find one who is AFL-ready(ish) and they can play 5-10 games next year covering for the inevitable injuries to guys like Martin and Cunners. Don't chase a mature player from another club, just use a pick around 6-12 (dependent on ladder finish and trading up the board) to take a long term one.

Second draft target is midfield pace. Not as critical as insurance against Martin/Cunners injuries, but still an important long-term piece of the puzzle.

No need to recruit a ruck now, which is nice. Had seen plenty of angst about a 4yr deal for Pitto - not in the least concerned. He's either first choice ruck and a bargain, supplanted by TDK and more than handy depth/support, or if O'Keeffe comes on in a big way we'll have leverage in any trade talks should Pitto want to move for more senior opportunity. 4 year deal doesn't mean we have to keep him for 4 years.

Key defensive stocks are where we should be shopping around other clubs. No need for a big McKay or Himmelberg type target, just a solid citizen who gets the job done. Hard pass on Jeremy McGovern - it's taken years to (maybe) iron out Mitch's fitness/injury issues. Jeremy is 32 next April - anyone picking him up is just going to be nursing him through the last couple of years of his career.

Starting to think that Dow could well stay. Watching him the last few weeks, the other guys get around him when he does good work, and he doesn't seem like a player going through the motions. He's shown that he can come in and do a job when injuries necessitate, so if he's not fielding big offers from other clubs then maybe he's willing to take some rolling 1yr or 1+1 clause contracts (on suitably conservative or incentive-based pay) to be part of a flag push with us.
Good post - think it is becoming clearer where the gaps and/or risks are on our list now.
Our ruck contracts are perfect now - one athletic and one solid citizen both in the right age bracket to improve, two raw developing youngsters.
Therefore off season targets either through draft or trade: outside midfield speed/skill; half forward who hurts on scoreboard and can pinch hit in midfield and a youngish KPD.

H
I think
Sam Durdin for Hudson O'Keeffe
Sam Philip for Alex Cincotta

4 picks in draft minimum i reckon

Ed Curnow for Round 1 Draft Retires
Lachie Plowman for Round 2 Draft
Josh Honey for Round 3 Draft
Paddy Dow for Round 4 Draft as wants more AFL so will go

Pushed Out or Free Agent

Mitch MgGovern
Jack Silvagni

Player they might Trade unfortunately. They contracted for 2024

Lochie OBrien
Zac Fisher
Jack Carroll
Corey Durdin
Matthew Cottrell

All 3 Looks to be kept if body hold rest of season and not have another long term injury

David Cunningham
Lachie Fogarty
Caleb Marchbank

Should Get on VFL list for link type player and tackling Heath Ramshaw
More likely to get but rather not Jade Greesham

Players Delisted or left Football trade in maybe looked out

Have a look at see if his head in right place definitely bring in at VFL Side Fischer McAsey
Rhys Mathieson if they see anything their still worth at AFL level
Liam Ryan still 26 more small forward needed only cap space a problem.
This is without a doubt, single-handledy, without precedent - the absolute worst list management opinion I have ever seen on any forum.

And yet it contained more insight than your response...

Be better, please.
More insight? We don’t have a second or third round draft pick as suggested. We have a first and two fourths.
I’m also not suggesting “free agent/push out” two best 22 players and trading one fringe.
There’s zero trade collateral in the names mentioned.

Don’t encourage moronic, uneducated thought.
As suggested “be better”

More insight? We don’t have a second or third round draft pick as suggested. We have a first and two fourths.
I’m also not suggesting “free agent/push out” two best 22 players and trading one fringe.

As suggested “be better”
“Please”

Fogarty was all gone but has done a 360 and become a player playing the Football we all hoped would see but didn't think possible. He will survive after putting us near finals him and Cunningham made us a better harder side tackling. Fogarty, Cunningham and Marchbank were all gone with injuries but are making a case all needed only injuries are the reason not getting keep. Sam Philip is the unlucky one that may not get the chance what could be.
I hope the keep Philip around even on a rookie list. He is the type of player we need

As suggested “be better”

You may not agree with the suggested movements. I don't. Doesn't make it moronic or uneducated, nor does it do any good for you to slam the post as the "worst suggestion ever".

I'd hoped after a recent break from this board that our run of recent form would have put an end to the petty and childish personal attacks. Unfortunately it appears they're still lingering.

This place is at its best when discussion is fostered. Pick apart a list management post constructively, if you must, but if all you're going to do is shit on the poster then you're doing more damage to the discussion than the post you so clearly disagree with.

You may not agree with the suggested movements. I don't. Doesn't make it moronic or uneducated, nor does it do any good for you to slam the post as the "worst suggestion ever".

I'd hoped after a recent break from this board that our run of recent form would have put an end to the petty and childish personal attacks. Unfortunately it appears they're still lingering.

This place is at its best when discussion is fostered. Pick apart a list management post constructively, if you must, but if all you're going to do is s**t on the poster then you're doing more damage to the discussion than the post you so clearly disagree with.
You might be complacent and settle for mediocrity, that’s your choice. I don’t and that’s my choice.
It’s my opinion life isn’t about participation awards.
You choosing to disagree with my opinion and communicating it in such way is no different to my opinion and how I communicated it. It’s one of life’s greatest gifts.

Dylan Stephens anyone? Cal Twomey reported couple days ago, his considering his options and Victorian clubs are into him

Sam Flanders was really good today against the lions, hope we are in fact into him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with signing our required players, still think we will have the ability to add some younger pieces like a Flanders. That’s just my opinion
We're tight with the cap and this year have our 1st and 2 4ths.
We'll get some currency for players traded out, but it will be limited. Doubt we want to eat too many future pick points with 2 potential high F/Ss next year.

If we want midfield depth, better to retain Dow on a reduced contract or head to the draft. Can't see Flanders, best 22 at GC, coming to us to play VFL. Nor would Stephens be keen to move from Sydney unless it's to increase his senior opportunity.

Both fine players, but I don't think the fit is right.

We either need to trade/free agent some best 22 locks (ie. a key defender to partner Weiters, with Kemp and Gov being given more freedom to intercept and rebound), or draft for the longer term.

Slight aside - if we re-sign JSOS, would hope we look to give him a preseason playing down back. His best chance to keep getting games now that TDK is sticking around is probably going to be through flexibility. Third forward, part time ruck, third defender - lots of opportunity through injuriy/suspension and a strong candidate for the sub vest even when we can't squeeze him into the 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back