Autopsy 2023 Rd 13 Another loss. Devoid of headline material

Remove this Banner Ad

It was only tight because of our shiteful kicking. Their “planning” can go * itself- we lost it in the first half. They couldn’t keep up.
They pulled the trigger at the right time, had us covered, we were headless chooks taking pot shots from 60

Vossy’s press conference?
This Is Fine GIF
Wonder what he will blame tonight.

How many times will he say 'get to work' (on 'it')

We have kicked 6 goals for the game in our last 3 games. And 7 goals the week before that 😂 How?

Reminds me of the back end of the 2020 season.

I have to question how many of our players who have been injured this year are still not close to their best. Even 10 to 20% off will tear your performance apart.

High performance and Andy Russell need to be out under the pump.

No way Ed plays again! Like seriously we need to mix up this slow ass midfield, get Dow starting, put Boyd in there, give Cripps a couple weeks off (he’s cooked) Piss young off! I honestly don’t know where we go from here!!!!!

Ed was very solid on Merrett in the first half and then Voss failed to counter Brad Scott moving him into the forward half.

Changed the game

What the * was that effort by the Captain. Seriously wtf was that.

If someone says “he looks injured” I’d say “No one ******* makes him play”.

I would have subbed him. Can’t believe we didn’t.
Currently weak as p155 and he's meant to be our captain.
100% should have been subbed at half time

So what happened during the half time break? We went from a committed team up to to half time to virtually missing in the first half of the 3rd quarter. Serious mental side issues.
He went with the power button again. Seriously the most woeful 'innovation' I have seen in AFL coaching.

Anyone having a go at Voss epitomises people who are the problem with this club.

The structures he had in place tonight gave us a chance to win. Clear improvement to the pace we moved the ball which they clearly worked on during the week also.

16 behinds. Can't hit targets going inside 50. That was the issue.

Tonight was a 50/50 game. Should've been decided by less than a goal.
Why was young on Peter wright instead of Weitering that’s coaching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We seemed to try to lower the heads and look for targets with haste but we could not be expected to change successfully overnight.
We have to go much further. Time to be radical - Crippa is being blanketed - make him a Grundy style ruckman, which then gives us another mid posn - anybody with dash (Dow? Boyd? NOT Motlop). Please leave one big in the goal square no matter what, the opposition won't dare leave him unattended.

Anyone having a go at Voss epitomises people who are the problem with this club.

The structures he had in place tonight gave us a chance to win. Clear improvement to the pace we moved the ball which they clearly worked on during the week also.

16 behinds. Can't hit targets going inside 50. That was the issue.

Tonight was a 50/50 game. Should've been decided by less than a goal.
I actually agree, there were patches (just like last week) where we moved the ball with composure and speed.

I just don’t see how Voss survives though…

I honestly thought they would turn the corner tonight but after another half dominated where we can't kick straight to save ourselves leads to us being behind on the scoreboard at half time, they simply gave up the instant Essendon got a couple of quick ones after half time and let it decide the match.

Simply pathetic leadership from all our core midfield and defensively leaders. I want a club statement they will be launching a review into the entire football department that will be completed by year's end. Some serious changes need to occur with the playing list and coaching group at year's end if we are to achieve anything from.the weitering, Curnow, McKay core group.

Cripps needs to be dropped, he is genuinely a liability to the midfield atm hasn't had a good game all year and is hurting us too much when the opposition has the ball I sincerely hope he is injured because if he is not putting in on purpose the club is stuffed.

Dow simply has to play the rest of the year now, that final term we completely dominated out of the middle for.the 1st time all game if the forwards actually took their chances it was enough to get back into it but I'm kind of glad they didn't because the last thing we needed was.a.spirited.fightback to take the pressure off.

Cripps has form, when he decides the coach is no good, he stops trying. Fantastic player but shocking leader. Look at Ed Curnow as the antithesis of this.

Club is going nowhere with him as captain. Like you said, terrible leader, conditional.

I don't quite know how to write this.

The club, the team have left me broken.

Every week I turn up to have my heart broken.

I can't anymore.

I am taking a break from the team, from my weekly torment. Maybe for the rest of the season.

I have a young family, kids to focus on, relatives with serious health concerns.

I have been here for well over a decade, and a diehard beforehand, but football is no refuge for me anymore.

Love you all, keep fighting, I will be back when I can.

Carn the Baggers

We seemed to try to lower the heads and look for targets with haste but we could not be expected to change successfully overnight.
We have to go much further. Time to be radical - Crippa is being blanketed - make him a Grundy style ruckman, which then gives us another mid posn - anybody with dash (Dow? Boyd? NOT Motlop). Please leave one big in the goal square no matter what, the opposition won't dare leave him unattended.

yep, have to do something different.

Im a bit over having a ****ing * stacked commentary crew.

When is Voss going to give Paddy Dow a string of full games? His stats, albeit usually only for 10-15 minutes on field, are as good as anyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 13 Another loss. Devoid of headline material

Remove this Banner Ad

Back