Autopsy 2023 Rd 2 Blues hold on to beat the reigning premier

Who played well for the Blues in Round 2 vs the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Our main bogey side is ourselves - we have to turn up and play against those sides who we are expected to beat - and not put up insipid efforts like we did against Adelaide and St Kilda etc.

:thumbsu:
Agree 👍 Could you imagine putting in insipidness then looking Vossy in the eye he's a scary ****er, you'd be straight out of the side with his take no prisoners attitude, hoping this is the thing that stops that rubbish Voss is the key.

Yes Ollie!

So good! There will be weeks when Hollands is beaten by his opponent but if he continues to do the little things and gives it his best, he will be fine at this level. Cowan is doing incredibly well, too. They will have weeks in the seniors and weeks in the twos but great start by both.

So good! There will be weeks when Hollands is beaten by his opponent but if he continues to do the little things and gives it his best, he will be fine at this level. Cowan is doing incredibly well, too. They will have weeks in the seniors and weeks in the twos but great start by both.

Loved what I have seen so far from both Ollie & Lachie :thumbsu:

Loved what I have seen so far from both Ollie & Lachie :thumbsu:

It’s been so nice to have draftees come straight in and contribute over the last 4 years. We saw it with Sam Walsh, we have seen it with Jesse Motlop and Corey Durdin and now we are seeing it with Ollie and Lachie.

We’ve got to keep tdk! Can’t let him go. Bit more experience and he could become a superstar.

Not really sure we should be keeping him on the possibility of him becoming a superstar? He had 11 disposals, is that really good? For someone who is supposed to be athletic and get around the ground it's a pretty lame disposal tally.
13 touches the week before.

His last three games of 2022 were 12, 8 and 6 touches. Not the numbers you'd be hoping for this far in to the career of the once nick named "king".
The nickname 'King' relates to the Afrikaan translation of 'Koning' which means 'King', and not any physical attributes (at this very young stage of his career).

You're welcome.

Finally got around to watching the highlight, Durdin snap goal was much better than it appeared in telecast. he was deep in the high pocket on a tough angle.
And had all his momentum moving towards the boundary line. And was under heat so had to think and dispose quickly. It was a seriously good goal. My immediate comment was that it was Eddie Betts good.

Usually a draftee needs to build up his fitness base over a few preseasons. Hollands runs further than everyone after two weeks. 😂

meanwhile the likes of Dow Stocker and SPS are years in the system and still not running at an AFL level - Austin's shift to drafting aerobic players is a much needed correction

Just Returned form 3 week holiday in Phuket, Watched the Tigers game on ABC some positives with the new recruits but thought same, same as 2022 was in flight and missed the cats game. Watched the replay and loved the happy ending.

In all seriousness our ball movement and transition from back was good giving forwards a chance to have a good crack at it. Love how the new recruits are contributing. Should finish top 4 unless plagued by Injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the replay again and have read the comments on here so some quick observations:

- JSOS - anyone who has played and sat on the bench for an extended time is 'dirty' by the end of the game and hard to get enthused in the team song etc. although I guess you should just fake it given the number of camera's on you.

That aside, as much as we love Jack, he has now played 100 games with great courage and persistence but very limited ability and I can't see any obvious improvement ??? I fear for his future as a Blue.

- Matt Owies - again a player with limited ability, great application and pressure but very few tricks for a small forward e.g. he's not an Eddie Betts kicking goals of the year from pocket. Therefore he is one who has to take his chance which he did admirably on Thursday night with his 3 goals.

- Jobe Watson - for an Essendon player I actually have always liked Jobe and was upset he lost his Brownlow. But gosh - he is poor as a commentator. Really struggles to get his words out quickly and struggles to articulate himself. I wouldn't call Luke Hodge an Einstein but he is so much better as a special comments man.

meanwhile the likes of Dow Stocker and SPS are years in the system and still not running at an AFL level - Austin's shift to drafting aerobic players is a much needed correction
Easy there champ, Dows running is fine, the other 2 aren’t even on our list - SPS for a while now

Watched the replay again and have read the comments on here so some quick observations:

- JSOS - anyone who has played and sat on the bench for an extended time is 'dirty' by the end of the game and hard to get enthused in the team song etc. although I guess you should just fake it given the number of camera's on you.

That aside, as much as we love Jack, he has now played 100 games with great courage and persistence but very limited ability and I can't see any obvious improvement ??? I fear for his future as a Blue.

- Matt Owies - again a player with limited ability, great application and pressure but very few tricks for a small forward e.g. he's not an Eddie Betts kicking goals of the year from pocket. Therefore he is one who has to take his chance which he did admirably on Thursday night with his 3 goals.

- Jobe Watson - for an Essendon player I actually have always liked Jobe and was upset he lost his Brownlow. But gosh - he is poor as a commentator. Really struggles to get his words out quickly and struggles to articulate himself. I wouldn't call Luke Hodge an Einstein but he is so much better as a special comments man.
U like Jab?? WTF!! Perma ban please!!
Watson family can EAD!

Still it's a little embarrassing the hype early on calling him the king as in going to be the king of afl ruckmen.
what part of the explanatory post did you not get?

what part of the explanatory post did you not get?
Yes I got it but as if everyone who posted it early on was referring to his heritage name. Still embarrassing and don't see or hear any cats fans banging about his brother being the king and he is three times the player.

Yes I got it but as if everyone who posted it early on was referring to his heritage name. Still embarrassing and don't see or hear any cats fans banging about his brother being the king and he is three times the player.
so let me get this right - you're suggesting a first year player was dubbed "king' because carlton supporters believed he was or was going to be the "king" of ruckmen? is that it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 2 Blues hold on to beat the reigning premier

Back