Preview 2023 Rd 24 Carlton vs GWS Sunday August 27 6:10PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in ...

IN: Cerra, Fogarty, McGovern, Walsh, C. Durdin
OUT: Cripps (soreness), Docherty (soreness), E.Curnow, Marchbank, Pittonet, Motlop (illness)

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Blake AcresSam WalshOllie Hollands
Half-forwards:Jack MartinHarry McKayDavid Cuningham
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Matthew CottrellPaddy DowZac Fisher
Corey Durdin
Emergencies:Ed CurnowMarc PittonetCaleb Marchbank

*Update 26th August

Last edited:
IN:
Rib cartilage can be very difficult to treat. I had it many years ago and it only went away after I had a cortisone.

I had my ribs crunched years ago playing footy and had them badly bruised. Hurt to bend over and tie my shoes for weeks. I played the next week but shouldn’t have, as it was on my mind all the time and I shirked a contest or two trying to avoid any contact to them. Not saying that’s what Crippa will do, but the only way to treat it is with rest.

With regards to Cripps, maybe his ribs are a lot better now? Has anyone had rib cartilage bruising before? I think that's the rumour anyway? How long does that take to heal to the point it's not so painful and one can play with it relatively normally?

I played a whole season with a cracked rib. If you don't get a knock for a few weeks, and get some treatment, it can feel ok (almost pain free) but as soon as you get a knock again during a game right on the spot it literally takes your breath away such is the pain and then you struggle to move the rest of the game. Sort of rinse and repeat after that.

The sort of injury you have all year and only heals once the season stops. Obviously at AFL level they can jab it.

Like Crippa I played one game with a cricket thigh-pad under my jumper.

Looking at that side, the named 18, think there will be at least 1 change and while it's most likely Cripps, wouldn't surprise me now if he plays

Let me guess :think:

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Blake AcresMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Sam WalshPatrick CrippsMatthew Cottrell
Half-forwards:Jack MartinHarry McKayGeorge Hewett
Forwards:Jesse MotlopCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraPaddy Dow
Interchange:Alex CincottaDavid CuninghamCorey Durdin
Zac FisherLachie FogartyOllie Hollands
Caleb MarchbankMarc Pittonet

:grinv1:

Let me guess :think:

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Blake AcresMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Sam WalshPatrick CrippsMatthew Cottrell
Half-forwards:Jack MartinHarry McKayGeorge Hewett
Forwards:Jesse MotlopCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraPaddy Dow
Interchange:Alex CincottaDavid CuninghamCorey Durdin
Zac FisherLachie FogartyOllie Hollands
Caleb MarchbankMarc Pittonet

:grinv1:

No actually

Will be an interesting selection tomorrow

I really want Fogerty to be in the side based on what he has brought prior to last week. Didn't think I'd be saying that 6 months ago, i had put him down as a delisted player at the end of year.

Would like Cripps to be rested. He was so below average last week and it has nothing to do with form or talent purely soreness in my opinion

Bring him in for finals, give him 2 weeks to rest his ribs

Cuningham has been down the last fortnight might need a rest because it's the most football he's played in a while. Thing he needs to come out this week

OUTS: Cuningham, Marchbank, Cincotta (think Fisher has had a good couple weeks and would be hard to drop)

SUB: Durdin - Our forward line seems to be the area that could do with a burst of pace and trickery in the third or 4th quarter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the people hoping Cripps doesnt play wouldn't be happy if he missed the Brownlow by a vote.
If he is fit he will play and CFC have not played games on seletion all year.
The Brownlow would be the furthest thing from my mind at the moment and I'm sure that the same would be true for Cripps, he's hunting the big prize... a premiership. If he needs to miss a game to be 100% ready for the finals then, so be it.

I'd like to see Cripps rested. For his own benefit...because he only touched the ball 14 times vs GC so it must be affecting him, or if not, he is out of form....and lastly, to show the coaching group are in control of important decisions like this and stop playing hurt/unfit players.

We've got a data science guy on the board. His company does a fair bit for us. Used to be more involved until Cook came on board stopped shenanigans.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

What sort of things are shenanigans involving a data guy?

you don’t flirt with your captains broken ribs either. Especially when he’s two weeks away from playing in his first ever finals series.

Rest him. An Elimination Final is so much more important than the dead rubber on Sunday.
If they were broken he wouldn't be playing at all. Doctors aren't going to allow a punctured lung.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back