Preview 2023 Rd 24 Carlton vs GWS Sunday August 27 6:10PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in ...

IN: Cerra, Fogarty, McGovern, Walsh, C. Durdin
OUT: Cripps (soreness), Docherty (soreness), E.Curnow, Marchbank, Pittonet, Motlop (illness)

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Blake AcresSam WalshOllie Hollands
Half-forwards:Jack MartinHarry McKayDavid Cuningham
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Matthew CottrellPaddy DowZac Fisher
Corey Durdin
Emergencies:Ed CurnowMarc PittonetCaleb Marchbank

*Update 26th August

Last edited:

F4XC7weboAA0PTx

They have Keeffe to go into the ruck when Briggs needs a rest
Wonder whether someone like Kemp might go in for us? Bit like we did with Young earlier in the year. McKay to take i50 rucks. Can see it working.

All in all, I like the ins, and the outs make sense. Love that Fogarty is valued for his role. I can't wait to see Cerra and Walsh again - bring a dynamic streak to the mix.

Geez there will be some unlucky players to miss out when Cripps and Doc come back.

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Voss has fallen out of love with Pitto, Jsos injury becomes a problem
He hasn’t. MP needs another clean out on his knee … it’s odd that he is named as an emergency.
Think we are being conservative to an extent in the full knowledge we could play GWS again.
I’m surprised Boyd isn’t among the emergencies.
I also think Kennedy will play Wk 1 of finals.

-
Round 24 seems like an odd time to experiment with players in new roles.

I hope Harry's been practicing his centre bounce work at training.
Agree re odd time. I see acres as the sacrificial lamb - he’s shown himself to be tough as nails. Would be awesome if it came off and allowed an extra mid rotation. Prefer JSOS in the role though.

Like many others the lack of a second ruck is odd. Surely Pittonet sub.
With Harry coming back earlier than expected off a knee earlier than expected I’d be stunned if we took the risk of rucking him in the last game of the season. Mcagovern is also someone who could potentially pinch hit, but again with his injury history I’d be surprised.

McKay second ruck by the look of things, interested to see how that goes.

As I have said before, it's the only way we keep our small forward gang together and have curnow and McKay in the side.

This is how we have the best of both worlds.

McKay and DeKoning rotate between forward and ruck.

He hasn’t. MP needs another clean out on his knee … it’s odd that he is named as an emergency.
Think we are being conservative to an extent in the full knowledge we could play GWS again.

It would be a huge call bringing back Kennedy after him not playing a game at any level for 9 weeks

Glad we’ve taken the conservative approach with Cripps and Doch.

Interesting move on Pittonet if he surprised id be surprised if we use him as a sub and ruck TDK for first half and Pittonet for second half, so in that case I’m not sure who is going to relieve TDK at Centre bounces - don’t think I’ve ever seen Harry go in there.

Interesting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a time in the 2nd quarter last week when Pitto got banged on the knee and he could hardly walk. Makes sense to spell him and try some other options.

According to the afl website : CARLTON'S bid to secure a home final has hit a hurdle with skipper Patrick Cripps out of the side to face Greater Western Sydney in the final game of the home and away season.

5th or 4th is a home final ?

Are they blowing it out of all proportion

According to the afl website : CARLTON'S bid to secure a home final has hit a hurdle with skipper Patrick Cripps out of the side to face Greater Western Sydney in the final game of the home and away season.

Both Saints and Swans would need to win and us lose to give up a home final

Can't see it happening

Last edited:

What is a Michael Rogers 🙄

5th/6th is a home final.

Well last time I believe the team when named.
Obviously they were going to rest Cripps all week so why effing name him. We are better than that surely.
genuine question - how does it affect you either way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back