Preview 2023 Rd 24 Carlton vs GWS Sunday August 27 6:10PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in ...

IN: Cerra, Fogarty, McGovern, Walsh, C. Durdin
OUT: Cripps (soreness), Docherty (soreness), E.Curnow, Marchbank, Pittonet, Motlop (illness)

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Blake AcresSam WalshOllie Hollands
Half-forwards:Jack MartinHarry McKayDavid Cuningham
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Matthew CottrellPaddy DowZac Fisher
Corey Durdin
Emergencies:Ed CurnowMarc PittonetCaleb Marchbank

*Update 26th August

Last edited:

He hasn’t. MP needs another clean out on his knee … it’s odd that he is named as an emergency.
Think we are being conservative to an extent in the full knowledge we could play GWS again.
I’m surprised Boyd isn’t among the emergencies.
I also think Kennedy will play Wk 1 of finals.

I think Kennedy has zero chance of being included in the first week of the finals, barring injury of course.

Love these selections. Too top heavy so Pitto goes, Harry to ruck. Ridiculous to say Harry is too valuable to ruck oh his knees etc etc. In fact, Harry's athleticism may actually make him a potent weapon as back up ruck.
I’m with you. Daniher has show how valuable a skilled, mobile 2nd rich can be. H would kill this role, he roams around the ground anyway.

In terms of centre bounce contests, he would get more punishment in contested marking contests in the forward line.

McKay second ruck by the look of things, interested to see how that goes.

As I have said before, it's the only way we keep our small forward gang together and have curnow and McKay in the side.

This is how we have the best of both worlds.

McKay and DeKoning rotate between forward and ruck.

I think it will look a lot like how Brisbane manages their rucks.

TDK will rotate between forward and bench. McKay fills the void, 20% ruck time max. Doubt TDK goes forward at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love these selections. Too top heavy so Pitto goes, Harry to ruck. Ridiculous to say Harry is too valuable to ruck oh his knees etc etc. In fact, Harry's athleticism may actually make him a potent weapon as back up ruck.
So what happens if TDK goes down early?

We are not structuring our side this way in a final, so it is clearly a rest for Pitto.

So what happens if TDK goes down early?

We are not structuring our side this way in a final, so it is clearly a rest for Pitto.

On the contrary, I think this signals we think we cant play with the two big rucks. You cant base your team selection on the off chance one player goes down? That's not realistic.

On the contrary, I think this signals we think we cant play with the two big rucks. You cant base your team selection on the off chance one player goes down? That's not realistic.
You can when it's a ruckman. I bet my left one either Pitto or Jack come in for the finals.

Pitto has been struggling with his knee and Jack is not available, that is the reason to have a look at something different.

No harm in having a look, but not sustainable. We've won 9 games in a row picking 2 blokes because they can ruck competently.

Pitto omission is interesting without JSOS available.. are we running the gauntlet and expecting TDK to ruck the whole game or will Harry have to take a few bounces

You can when it's a ruckman. I bet my left one either Pitto or Jack come in for the finals.

Pitto has been struggling with his knee and Jack is not available, that is the reason to have a look at something different.

No harm in having a look, but not sustainable. We've won 9 games in a row picking 2 blokes because they can ruck competently.

I think Harry would ruck more competently than Jack. I'd have Jack back in in a heartbeat but given he's not back in, Pitto has been dropped on balance. Or that's the way I see it anyway. There's no room for a resting ruck in a forwardline that already has Harry and Charlie. Unless it's Jack who is a natural forward. We are best with an extra small like Fog cracking in at the tackling. Means a whole lot more than having two rucks. And Pittonet is pretty much useless in every position bar ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back