Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in ...

IN: Cincotta, McGovern

OUT: Saad (hamstring), De Koning (managed), Plowman

NEW:
Cincotta (debut)

After starting last weekend as substitute, Josh Honey has been elevated into the 22.

Round 6 Team v St Kilda
Backs:Jacob WeiteringNic NewmanLewis Young
Half-backs:Alex Cincotta (DEBUT)Mitch McGovernBlake Acres
Centreline:Sam WalshPatrick CrippsOllie Hollands
Half-forwards:Zac FisherHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettAdam Cerra
Interchange:Lachie CowanEd CurnowJosh Honey
Matthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Tom De KoningBrodie KempLochie O'Brien
Lachie Plowman

I stand by what I wrote after the Adelaide game

In Voss's gameplan he is a square peg in a round hole.

His best attributes are not how Voss employs his rucks

If TDK walks and lands at a club who's coach actually employs him to his strengths he is going to explode.

I'd prefer that coach to be Voss but last week showed me that regardless of the cattle at his disposal not mirroring the system he employs Voss refused to be flexible and remained rigid with his system

As it is Pittonet is a clear #1 for us because he has the attributes Voss needs.
Cause for concern?

Given even with Pittonets role. The centre clearance work has diminished

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

How do we know it's one player?
I'm sorry, but I can't see how they would change their tactics if several mystery players of ours were under the weather.
They probably are expecting Gov to be possibly unavailable, but doubt whether they'd be changing anything even for that scenario.

I’d guess Mirkov might struggle more than Pitto right now trying to keep up with Marshall around the ground.
Version 2 without going into too much depth confusing me and everyone else.
Using the analogy, the synergy Pittonet/Cripps puts Crippa to an even higher level.
Dows inclusion this week (being without the Mirkov synergy), he would have very little impact.

Version 2 without going into too much depth confusing me and everyone else.
Using the analogy, the synergy Pittonet/Cripps puts Crippa to an even higher level.
Dows inclusion this week (being without the Mirkov synergy), he would have very little impact.
Will be interesting to see the Dow/TDK combo & how Carrol & Binns perform in the 2s

Aside from the fact it is The Stains and their awful fans, the worst thing if we lose (aside from any more potential injuries) is we are going to be flooded with posts that we should have hired Ross Lyon instead of Vossy.

Anyhow we are well overdue to smack the Stains again, I am rather bullish about our chances even without Saad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we really worried about Stocker? He's been ok for the Saints but not exceptional. He's been better for them than he ever was for us but still not exactly someone we should be spending a lot of time thinking about. If he wasn't ex-Carlton I doubt his name would be mentioned at all
He bumped someone once so now he's out for blood.. :cool:

we should take care of these clowns, we have a much better list and are a different team at Docklands.. The fact we are all sitting here worried about ordinary footballers like Membery, Hill and Higgins says a fair bit about how disappointing we have been this year.

Last edited:
we should take care of thepsd clowns, we have a much better list and are a different team at Docklands.. The fact we are all sitting here worried about ordinary footballers like Membery, Hill and Higgins says a fair bit about how disappointing we have been this year.
This result will not come down to individual talent good or bad....

*System over talent
*Team defense
(effort/structure)
*Contested ball & Clearances
(smashed last week)
*Ball use
*Take our chances

How would they play any differently? Said opposition? How would it change any tactics? Motivation? Anything? It would make no difference to anything at all. AG point is spot on. If it was flu. Say flu.

Many different ways to approach it tactically

But let's get the real underlying focal point here, rather than the constant dancing

It seems the real focal point on the subject, is our supporters wanting to hold the club to an unrealistic higher standard of transparency, one that rarely exists throughout the competition

What is the importance of listing a player omission as the flu or a corky, rather than managed?

Last edited:
I stand by what I wrote after the Adelaide game

In Voss's gameplan he is a square peg in a round hole.

His best attributes are not how Voss employs his rucks

If TDK walks and lands at a club who's coach actually employs him to his strengths he is going to explode.

I'd prefer that coach to be Voss but last week showed me that regardless of the cattle at his disposal not mirroring the system he employs Voss refused to be flexible and remained rigid with his system

As it is Pittonet is a clear #1 for us because he has the attributes Voss needs.
Nothing gameplan related in losing the majority of ruck contests, being 25th in hit outs to advantage (as a percentage of hit outs won) and having no impact at ground level afterwards. All of that's on TDK.

Nothing gameplan related in losing the majority of ruck contests, being 25th in hit outs to advantage and having no impact at ground level afterwards. All of that's on TDK.
Actually when the opposition rucks move around the centre circle to take your space or leap, and you don’t counter attack, it’s more to do with coaching. If the ruckman, is too slow to react, then the coach instructs. Nothing has changed and it’s been more than one week. Positioning around the ground is another. Just bits of what I’ve noticed and I’m definitely not concentrating on individuals or specific lines and setups.

Actually when the opposition rucks move around the centre circle to take your space or leap, and you don’t counter attack, it’s more to do with coaching. If the ruckman, is too slow to react, then the coach instructs. Nothing has changed and it’s been more than one week. Positioning around the ground is another. Just bits of what I’ve noticed and I’m definitely not concentrating on individuals or specific lines and setups.
That's tdks ruck craft and to do with his ruck coach. Not the overarching tactical gameplan of Voss. It's still on TDK and his ruck coach.

Many different ways to approach it tactically

But let's get the real underlying focal point here, rather than the constant dancing

It seems the real focal point on the subject, is our supporters wanting to hold the club to an unrealistic higher standard of transparency, one that rately exists throughout the competition

What is the importance of listing a player omission as the flu or a corky, rather than managed?
Game day transperancy is not required, however the club has broken supporters trust when it comes to injury management and timelines it lists for player injuries all the way back to Murphy.

That's tdks ruck craft and to do with his ruck coach. Not the overarching tactical gameplan of Voss. It's still on TDK and his ruck coach.

It's on both. Beyond the ruck contest TDK is capable of providing more than he is showing. He plays like someone trying to play within a certain set of guidelines that don't align with his skill set than being able to play his natural game.

I don't think he's been the same in the ruck since the incident with Rhys Stanley in round two and the confidence loss has really impacted his game in the contest.

If he does play VFL this week it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to him illness or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back