Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in ...

IN: Cincotta, McGovern

OUT: Saad (hamstring), De Koning (managed), Plowman

NEW:
Cincotta (debut)

After starting last weekend as substitute, Josh Honey has been elevated into the 22.

Round 6 Team v St Kilda
Backs:Jacob WeiteringNic NewmanLewis Young
Half-backs:Alex Cincotta (DEBUT)Mitch McGovernBlake Acres
Centreline:Sam WalshPatrick CrippsOllie Hollands
Half-forwards:Zac FisherHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettAdam Cerra
Interchange:Lachie CowanEd CurnowJosh Honey
Matthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Tom De KoningBrodie KempLochie O'Brien
Lachie Plowman

gov is a huge inclusion this week. such an important player... if only it wasn't for his continual soft tissue issues.

he is versatile too. if ever required can play up front as well....type of player that could turn a match by bopping up for a few quick goals.
Yeah agree, but won’t be comfortable unless Kemp is sub and waiting in the dug out ready to replace him - even during the warm up these days!

You seem to have posted numerous times about him being dropped. It's like it's important you you for some reason.
after my initial post ive mostly been responding to others that have responded to my initial post....i just dont get why club sometimes uses the phrase managed and other times they are more specific.

as for reasons...its a footy forum and we are talking about footy related stuff. i mean how important can anything be on here for the majority of us?

Plowman could come in at last minute to take on Membrey.

Is that what you want to happen? If not, it seems like a superfluous post. You wouldn't be doing that would you agro? I wouldn't think so.

Tell me about Plowman's assets that you think might work well against Membrey.

Many different ways to approach it tactically

But let's get the real underlying focal point here, rather than the constant dancing

It seems the real focal point on the subject, is our supporters wanting to hold the club to an unrealistic higher standard of transparency, one that rarely exists throughout the competition

What is the importance of listing a player omission as the flu or a corky, rather than managed?

I don’t have the same expectations as other clubs because our injury performance is a lot worse over time than most other clubs. So other club comparisons will never wash with me until our injury perfomance normalises to other clubs.

Each individual report doesn’t mean a lot in and of itself. But rather a reflection of thin slicing that shows their mode and attitude. And they may think “we just do what other clubs do” and that to you and that to them is acceptable.

When they perform well with injuries I’ll give them that pass. As a very long term significant paying member until they do I expect more.

In this particular case I would like to know what is wrong with him. If it is flu then it means “nothing”. But if he has some kind of injury that is being managed then he adds to the list of injured players. So I would like to know.

I don’t have the same expectations as other clubs because our injury performance is a lot worse over time than most other clubs. So other club comparisons will never wash with me until our injury perfomance normalises to other clubs.

Each individual report doesn’t mean a lot in and of itself. But rather a reflection of thin slicing that shows their mode and attitude. And they may think “we just do what other clubs do” and that to you and that to them is acceptable.

When they perform well with injuries I’ll give them that pass. As a very long term significant paying member until they do I expect more.

In this particular case I would like to know what is wrong with him. If it is flu then it means “nothing”. But if he has some kind of injury that is being managed then he adds to the list of injured players. So I would like to know.

Glad we got to the real reason

Whether it's flu or a slight injury like a corky, managed is more than adequate, IMHO

But, perhaps this topic is for the Blue Healer thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. What's he like for leg speed?
wouldn't say he is a speedster but he goes alright....as someone else referred to in an earlier post...if you watch him with a squinted eye you could mistake him for Heath Scotland

here is a short highlight reel based on 2023 games...

2.97, 20 metre sprint
have you got this data for some other players to put cincottas speed into context?

i found the following on a quick search...gov is surprisingly quick but these are top speeds and not burst speed

Top five fastest players in 2021

Adam Saad 35.75km/h
Mitch McGovern 34.70
Jack Martin 34.22
David Cuningham 33.98
Josh Honey 33.84

have you got this data for some other players to put cincottas speed into context?

i found the following on a quick search...gov is surprisingly quick but these are top speeds and not burst speed

Top five fastest players in 2021

Adam Saad 35.75km/h
Mitch McGovern 34.70
Jack Martin 34.22
David Cuningham 33.98
Josh Honey 33.84

Saad 2.81, Honey 2.97

Cincotta's speed would put him in the top 15 of any draft year

Last edited:
Honey's only problem is he can't find the ball as a forward. He is quick, he can tackle and he can dispose of the ball.

After all of this time, I'd like to see him trained up as a rebounding defender. The ball comes to you as a defender and the opportunities are plentiful.
Given that he's had a few opportunities in that area, and given that it is the area the club have invested their time with him the most, me thinks it's a pretty significant "only problem"

Given that he's had a few opportunities in that area, and given that it is the area the club have invested their time with him the most, me thinks it's a pretty significant "only problem"

I agree. Thus he is a bust unless he plays in a position where the ball finds him. His best hope is as a rebounding defender IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back