Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hayward hasn’t improved in 3 years. In fact, he’s been pretty disappointing given how he tracked earlier in his career. Averages a goal a game and is rated as average for goal assists. He better come cheaply if we are indeed after him, as he is only marginally better than Murphy.

If we have to get rid of mcadam to secure Hayward, big fail.

I've always wanted to see Hayward in the midfield but it's never seemed to even be mentioned for some reason. Great overhead, can tackle, would at least like to have seen it tried at some stage.

Anyway, Advertiser says 'Crows keen on Sun', can't access the article but seems like it's Chris Burgess. Seems a classic, too good for state league not quite AFL standard guy.

Hayward hasn’t improved in 3 years. In fact, he’s been pretty disappointing given how he tracked earlier in his career. Averages a goal a game and is rated as average for goal assists. He better come cheaply if we are indeed after him, as he is only marginally better than Murphy.

McAdam 28yo 44 games 61 goals . Haywood 24yo 134 games 137 goals. Tough calls have to be made.

I've always wanted to see Hayward in the midfield but it's never seemed to even be mentioned for some reason. Great overhead, can tackle, would at least like to have seen it tried at some stage.

Anyway, Advertiser says 'Crows keen on Sun', can't access the article but seems like it's Chris Burgess. Seems a classic, too good for state league not quite AFL standard guy.
Yuck.

We've got enough depth players, especially as we refuse to trade or delist them.

Yep it’s Burgess. Don’t want.

The same article says Port and Hawks offering Ratagulea 5 yrs at $500k per year but rising with CBA. That could be $700k for a 30 year old VFL player at the end of that contract.

Why in lords name would we be interested in Burgess??

If he can play a similar role to Dawson where he receives the ball, I can see with his speed and strength he will take off. If he wins it himself again can see him charging off.

Basically there is nothing to lose by trying it, trying stuff is how you find some gem moves like Dawson to the middle and Hinge to defence, Sloane to SANFL

Chayce needs to suggest it to Nicks then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not too fussed whether we do or don't get him but FFS, I watch a lot of Swans games and to say he is barely better than Murphy is pretty much defamation

The thing with depth is you do not want to pay for the privileged for having it. If you're building a contender, those players you are relying on to fill gaps in the 24--30 spots need to be on cheap contracts. That is the beauty of a salary cap and what keeps a level of evenness in competitions in football.

Sometimes you need to give good players away for draft picks to get better overall, especially if they're not a fit for your best 22 anymore. Salary cap management is that important in the grand scheme of things.
Hence why Murphy is a good retain .....fit for purpose

Top 5 i50, top 10 contested possession, clearances and goals.

Not bad for a guy we want as a filler.
Murphy's a lot better than given credit for ....however ultimately, IMO, he'll be on the fringe of the best 22 .....similar to McHenry

I'm not too fussed whether we do or don't get him but FFS, I watch a lot of Swans games and to say he is barely better than Murphy is pretty much defamation
I think you’re being hard on Murphy and you’re overrating Hayward. Hayward, just like Murphy, goes missing for large chunks of games and doesn’t hurt you on the scoreboard enough. I’d rate him much higher if gave some off, but doesn’t do that either.

Just my opinion (with a bit of statistical fact thrown in).

No Crouch in the Sanfl team...

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not a good sign for him staying on.

Crouch was a bit slow on the uptake when the coaching staff told him what he had to do to get back in the team, but the coaches were even slower off the mark in recognising he had done what was asked well before they reinstated him. A stuff up all round if he goes and shines somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back