Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why we'd be interested in Petty this year anyway. Hasn't he got linsfranc injury, same as Taylor and Jones?

He may not even be ready to play until the back half of next year anyway
Getting Petty would be a coupe .....I loved him in his Draft year ...he took a long time to look up to AFL standard, but the last 18 months, he's looked every bit a class AFL footballer ....at both ends of the ground

Highly doubt it'll eventuate ....he's an answer to Melb's fwd woes .....and his flexibility a real bonus

Strange why Port Power isn't chasing him as he does solve some of their weakness in ruck and forward.
I guess, because they were already wedded to Grundy / Sweet options

Getting Petty would be a coupe .....I loved him in his Draft year ...he took a long time to look up to AFL standard, but the last 18 months, he's looked every bit a class AFL footballer ....at both ends of the ground

Highly doubt it'll eventuate ....he's an answer to Melb's fwd woes .....and his flexibility a real bonus
Is he currently recovering from a recent linsfranc injury?

Unfortunately BF Tweets and use of a VPN are sometimes problematic .....what was being said about Himmelberg

IF GWS are sniffing at Himmelberg, then it makes sense, our interest in Chol
It doesn't make sense for Chol, given he wants to play in the firsts.
If it makes sense for us, it's only because we're swapping a SANFL tall.
Maybe, Chol is seen as a McAdam replacement?

Chol only needs to hold a mark and he's way ahead of cement hands.
Cement hands got a lot less cement-y in the last half of the season this year in the SANFL. Really picked up his game. I don't mind losing him esp if we can get Chol back but I wouldn't mind betting his showings for GWS will be a bit better than what they were for us.

Is he currently recovering from a recent linsfranc injury?
Not sure it's linsfranc ....yes he is recovering from an injury though ....the only negative with Petty is, he's had a lot of injuries

Is he that fast? ;)

Cement hands got a lot less cement-y in the last half of the season this year in the SANFL. Really picked up his game. I don't mind losing him esp if we can get Chol back but I wouldn't mind betting his showings for GWS will be a bit better than what they were for us.
Would be interesting to see if he does better under Ben Hart the second time round.

Yeah I've seen quite a few posts about him in the SANFL thread. But he's always been of the Frampton, McKernan variety...looks good in SANFL but only a few cameos at AFL. Can never rely on him at top level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I've seen quite a few posts about him in the SANFL thread. But he's always been of the Frampton, McKernan variety...looks good in SANFL but only a few cameos at AFL. Can never rely on him at top level.
He'd never shown anything near as good as his last few SANFL games where he was marking everything and doing some very seriously good ruckwork with his tap work sublime with his HTA's.

Jon Ralph has us showing some interest in delisted free agent Tim O'Brien

ADELAIDE defender Tom Doedee is seriously considering a long-term deal from Brisbane as the Crows prepare for him to have medical tests with rival clubs as they assess his ruptured ACL.

This mastheads revealed last month the Crows had pulled a long-term free agency deal after Doedee’s ACL tear then replaced it with a significantly reduced deal.

Clubs like Brisbane are keen but given he tore his ACL in round 12 would want to be confident he could return early next year to make an impact in the 2024 season.

Adelaide is searching for key backs and has some interest in the delisted Tim O’Brien as well as Suns tall Chris Burgess, who can play back despite kicking 51 goals in 17 home-and-away games in the VFL.

But Adelaide have clearly offered Doedee a deal he can well and truly refuse as he looks for long-term certainty.

Sydney has played down industry talk that it would be keen on Doedee as a fallback if it misses on McKay.

ADELAIDE defender Tom Doedee is seriously considering a long-term deal from Brisbane as the Crows prepare for him to have medical tests with rival clubs as they assess his ruptured ACL.

This mastheads revealed last month the Crows had pulled a long-term free agency deal after Doedee’s ACL tear then replaced it with a significantly reduced deal.

Clubs like Brisbane are keen but given he tore his ACL in round 12 would want to be confident he could return early next year to make an impact in the 2024 season.

Adelaide is searching for key backs and has some interest in the delisted Tim O’Brien as well as Suns tall Chris Burgess, who can play back despite kicking 51 goals in 17 home-and-away games in the VFL.

But Adelaide have clearly offered Doedee a deal he can well and truly refuse as he looks for long-term certainty.

Sydney has played down industry talk that it would be keen on Doedee as a fallback if it misses on McKay.
Would TOB make it to the rookie draft? Would take him there, wouldn’t love it if he took up a senior list spot

It doesn't make sense for Chol, given he wants to play in the firsts.
If it makes sense for us, it's only because we're swapping a SANFL tall.
Maybe, Chol is seen as a McAdam replacement?
Choi gives us the option of using Thilthorpe more in ruck as could share duties & play forward... whereas ROB can only ruck.

Would give us a more mobile option around the ground.

I don't see why we would target O'Brien.

I suggested this a couple of days ago, but got zero bites.

If we trade for Lochie O'Brien as well we'll have the trifecta of awful players with the last name O'Brien

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back