Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Himmelbergs papers have been stamped ....I see both Chol & Himmelberg as similar laconic types, Chol though far more skillful
He is in contract and GC will want a pick for him..we don't have any real picks after our 2nds and there is no way on gods green earth I am paying the GC or North 2nd for him

He is in contract and GC will want a pick for him..we don't have any real picks after our 2nds and there is no way on gods green earth I am paying the GC or North 2nd for him
Don't forget, with Academy picks & compensation picks ....our #23 will drift out to late 20's

In this Draft a pick #28/29 would be around the mark for a Contracted Chol

Don't forget, with Academy picks & compensation picks ....our #23 will drift out to late 20's

In this Draft a pick #28/29 would be around the mark for a Contracted Chol
Will it? - with 3 GC academy picks in there there may be picks before our GC 2nd getting eaten up - ie dogs pick 17 which is speculated as part of a trade for pick 4 - our pick might come in

Anyway, its irrelevant, if we are using a good 2nd on him we may as well fold as that is a terrible use of our draft resources

Maybe Himmelbergs papers have been stamped ....I see both Chol & Himmelberg as similar laconic types, Chol though far more skillful

Himmelberg could only dream of showing what Chol has shown at AFL level

With that said he wouldn't be best 22 for us

Brisbane are up there with Port as seemingly having unlimited list spots, seem to bring in 2-3 recruits every season and are linked to just about everyone.

Not sure what Chol is on per year but potential salary dump as a way to pick 4? I don’t mind the idea of Chol, would prefer him to Burgess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recall 2022 where he played a lot of good footy. Not sure why he went backwards this season.
Ben King came back from his ACL, plus Luko moved forward.

Brisbane are up there with Port as seemingly having unlimited list spots, seem to bring in 2-3 recruits every season and are linked to just about everyone.

Not sure what Chol is on per year but potential salary dump as a way to pick 4? I don’t mind the idea of Chol, would prefer him to Burgess.
Strange why Port Power isn't chasing him as he does solve some of their weakness in ruck and forward.

Where is this "hasn't made it to the midfield as hoped talk" coming from? He was drafted by the very astute Kinnear Beatson off of a good showing forward at the Nationals and a big Finals campaign in the SANFL finals series for North Adelaide, a position he played all year.
He's played relativeley little midfield at all.
He's decent marking medium forward and if we have interest why not wait until he's a RFA next year because if you think Sydney are letting a contracted best 22 player go for a 2nd round pick especially so soon after the Dawson situation I think you're going to be very disappointed.

It comes from Sydney supporters I've spoken to, and it was in the media a couple of years ago that he could transition into the midfield. This hasn't happened and other players, including Warner, Gulden and Campbell, have gone past him in the past 2 years. Hayward is best 22, but not necessarily best 18, and in the forward line is behind Heeney, Papley, McDonald even Amarty. Also Gulden rotates forward. So he is 5th or 6th best forward in the team.

I rank him behind about 17 players at the swans once you look at the midfield and backline.

And yes I may be disappointed if we give up more than a second rounder, I have been disappointed by trades on multiple occasions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back