Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok take this as you want but on Sunday night I attended a dinner party which Kade C’s mum also attended -throughout the evening she asked how my recent trip to Adelaide was, later she said to me would you like another red….

Melbourne intel
Adelaide
Red

Boom it’s happening.

9 F1 and McAdam would be a great result for us if that's all it cost??

But they'd want us to get pick 4 rather than 9 pick 4 and 5 for pick q is reasonable and West coast would do that you'd think
Absolutely it would be a crazy good result for us that would suggest Melbourne are desperate to get him out. My point is we don’t know how desperate Melb are to get him out/Oliver is to leave so we can’t really valuate him

And they will get one.
I’m pretty convinced they will trade it. Reid has even come out and said “if yiu need to move interstate you may as well do it early in your career” or something that sounded like code for “I’m happy to play anywhere, I just don’t expect to stay forever”

I think there’s a win-win big offer out there from a melb club
West coast would be silly to go for Reid if there's a hint of him not wanting to be there like jhf when there's a great deal for other draft picks in front of them

Possibly to try and change his mind, who knows. But it would like trying to win back an ex-girlfriend after she has taken the Ferrari.
Jan 6 Hearing GIF by GIPHY News

I’m guessing I’m like a lot of you.

I can’t let myself believe it.

I don’t want to even put one toe over that line, it feels like it will just get chopped off.

Clayton Oliver leaves Melbourne in contract and moves to the Crows?

It’s hurting my head.

Last edited:
Possibly to try and change his mind, who knows. But it would like trying to win back an ex-girlfriend after she has taken the Ferrari.
At the very least you'd think a big part of it would be putting a strategy and contingency plans in place on what you're trying to achieve this trade period.

"If we're gonna trade Oliver what are we thenooking to accomplish this trade period. If the trade doesn't happen what/how are we going to make Oliver happy going forward" type stuff.

So what’s the board meeting for exactly.
I believe it’s to decide whether tomato sauce should be stored in the pantry or fridge. Apparently all the wives/husbands have been called, pizza has been ordered and they are preparing for a long discussion about it. I think it’s going to be an all nighter!

West coast would be silly to go for Reid if there's a hint of him not wanting to be there like jhf when there's a great deal for other draft picks in front of them
The concern would be how this draft is rated.

Ideally they prob get something high this year and also next year but not sure the 12month delay works that well for them.

If they have a clear target after Reid I think they’ll want to know they get him with 1 pick then another top 10 this year and next

Also why I think that NM are best placed but only if they want another mid.

Another option is the dogs if y’all if pick 3 (4) from hawks for smith is real
And something they’d take.

Dogs would have 3, 10, 17, F1 to play with then. They could absolutely maneuver to pick 1 whether that included via the GC pick or externally

A lot of talk about giving 3 firsts and Mcadam for Oliver. Surely that is overs? Melbourne can throw in Petty if we are paying that much!

A bit of spare change here and there but these are some top line trades. 2 firsts should be the starting point. Not 3.

Neale was traded for Pick 6 and 19

Danger was Pick 9 and 28

Treloar and 28 was for Pick 8 (future 1st), Pick 7 and 65

Steele was for 27.

Tom Mitchell was for pick 14

Omeara was for 10 and 26

Charlie Cameron the best small forward in the game was Pick 12
If we miss out on Oliver is he was keen to come because of a draft pick or 2 to satisfy Melbourne..we may as well fold. He would be the biggest get for our club since A McLeod - as long as his body is fine and he is not injured.

There's just a whole heap of stuff swirling around in this that makes it all very possible. Not saying it's going to be smooth but a few parts falling in place.

First up, Harley Reid. The fact a Western Australian club holds pick 1 helps us a lot. If North held pick 1 no way Melbourne are making a Reid play.

Then GC have a top 5 pick for sale, the academy bidding process means they must move this. If it was a year with no top 5 bidding players available it's harder to get theses picks.

McAdam nominating Melbourne, maybe behind the scenes he has always been part of an Oliver trade or maybe we have struck some luck here.

Doedee leaving, possibly now getting band 2 compo would be very advantageous. The pick helps get deals done and leaving opens up cash.

Burgess helps.

Also just with us not really being short of picks. Imagine if we held the Power's pick hand and Oliver became available?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's just a whole heap of stuff swirling around in this that makes it all very possible. Not saying it's going to be smooth but a few parts falling in place.

First up, Harley Reid. The fact a Western Australian club holds pick 1 helps us a lot. If North held pick 1 no way Melbourne are making a Reid play.

Then GC have a top 5 pick for sale, the academy bidding process means they must move this. If it was a year with no top 5 bidding players available it's harder to get theses picks.

McAdam nominating Melbourne, maybe behind the scenes he has always been part of an Oliver trade or maybe we have struck some luck here.

Doedee leaving, possibly now getting band 2 compo would be very advantageous. The pick helps get deals done and leaving opens up cash.

Burgess helps.

Also just with us not really being short of picks. Imagine if we held the Power's pick hand and Oliver became available?
Goody is also a gambling man.

He is putting everything on black (not red)...

It's hard for any club to take on an unexpected million dollars into their cap.

You can if you plan, but otherwise you need both existing room AND players rolling off.

Players like Doedee leaving and offering up $550k or so in cap room is very helpful ...
Doedee & McAdam's cash would be a perfect fit for Clarry.

A lot of talk about giving 3 firsts and Mcadam for Oliver. Surely that is overs? Melbourne can throw in Petty if we are paying that much!

A bit of spare change here and there but these are some top line trades. 2 firsts should be the starting point. Not 3.

Neale was traded for Pick 6 and 19

Danger was Pick 9 and 28

Treloar and 28 was for Pick 8 (future 1st), Pick 7 and 65

Steele was for 27.

Tom Mitchell was for pick 14

Omeara was for 10 and 26

Charlie Cameron the best small forward in the game was Pick 12
Lever was traded for 2 first round picks.

If I’m Melb, I’m asking for 3 first round (equivalent) picks + McAdam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back