Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but they won't get that without North and Hawthorn promising to not take WC's preferred first pick.

WC have already said that they are keeping pick 1 unless they get a ludicrous offer.
I think Reid getting to Melbourne is likely the only way we will get Oliver unless his "ïssues" are that diabolical they desperately want him out and aren't wanting to keep him under any circumstances. Melbourne have made no secret they were keen to move up from their current pick 5 long before this and Reid had to be their target.

Lever was traded for 2 first round picks.

If I’m Melb, I’m asking for 3 first round (equivalent) picks + McAdam.
If Doedee gets us band 2, and GC get 10 from the Dogs

Adel get: Oliver, Burgess, 34
Adel give: McAdam, 9, 20 (TD), 22, Adel F1

Melb get: 9, 10, Adel F1, McAdam
Melb give: Oliver, 34

GC get: 20, 22
GC give: 10, Burgess

If we miss out on Oliver is he was keen to come because of a draft pick or 2 to satisfy Melbourne..we may as well fold. He would be the biggest get for our club since A McLeod - as long as his body is fine, and he is not injured.
Careful what we wish for. Sounds like a B Gibbs deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You won’t hear opinions of those that don’t go to games, despite that being childish, he already told you he went to 4.

Yes I know you are gold, but you said what I said about gold being available was untrue and for posters to call the club. As I’ve pointed out to you they are available, I thought you might have clarified with them or even perhaps acknowledged you were wrong.

As for calling posters clowns at the drop of a hat, I suggest some self awareness first
apology i misunderstood your point

This is the key , not giving one up

I think they’ll ask for Thilthorpe or Fogarty

Theres no point trading one of them out and bringing Oliver in, it only makes us slightly better.

This has to involve picks and not players now - as we have rebuilt.

I was wondering where we would put all of Redmans / Doedees / McAdams $$$. Only so much you can re-jig current contracts and not risk players leaving in the final years of their front-loaded contracts. We have the money.

It's almost too good to believe.

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

FWIW

I was told by a Melbourne colleague late this afternoon who is mates with a Melbourne player who told him that Oliver's exit meeting devolved into a yelling match and he stormed out. No reason for the guy to bullshit to me either.

I think it was reported he was late, not sure if this bit has though.

If Doedee gets us band 2, and GC get 10 from the Dogs

Adel get: Oliver, Burgess, 34
Adel give: McAdam, 9, 20 (TD), 22, Adel F1

Melb get: 9, 10, Adel F1, McAdam
Melb give: Oliver, 34

GC get: 20, 22
GC give: 10, Burgess
That seems super reasonable but realistically Melbourne need the we got Harley Reid story to stop the fans saying WTAF are we doing getting rid of Oliver

Careful what we wish for. Sounds like a B Gibbs deal.
You mean we will get him in then destroy the club culture in the offseason, injure all our players and leave him as the sole midfielder of note for a season, after which we will fail to recover as we pursue rock bottom?

FWIW

I was told by a Melbourne colleague late this afternoon who is mates with a Melbourne player who told him that Oliver's exit meeting devolved into a yelling match and he stormed out. No reason for the guy to bullshit to me either.

I think it was reported he was late, not sure if this bit has though.
Rumours board said it was only him and Goody in it, so yelling would be noticeable

That seems super reasonable but realistically Melbourne need the we got Harley Reid story to stop the fans saying WTAF are we doing getting rid of Oliver
This is why the board meeting tonight is interesting

If the board gives the green light to trade Clarry, particularly with the general disconnect between team and player, is there any going back if they can’t get Reid from the deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back