Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jai Newcombe just downloaded Dangerfield's fishing podcast - what does that mean?
He is a great footballer but has absolutely no taste.

Was thinking the same, but not sure it actually matters.

When you think of the best key forwards in the league at the moment, and projected stars, it's players like Jeremy Cameron, Max King, Charlie Curnow, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Nick Larkey.

They're all ridiculously good athletes, but aren't in the same mould as Tom Hawkins etc...

Ironically the most powerful key forward under 26 right now is Mitch Lewis.

Think the days of a strong, lumbering full back are over.
I can see your point.
But next year we have to play Hawkins, Tex, Daniher, McKay, Larkey, Dixon, Allen etc.

Pick 2 this year is a big boy, Van Rooyan is tracking well not to mention the King boys.

So no Bailey Smith then….

Are we still into Gresham?
I still reckon Gresham to us is done although I read with interest, StKilda saying they want to keep him.
My mail re Gresham has been strong for some time. Things do change. Ross was keen for Gresham to be traded six months ago, however they do have a new List Manager and recruiting consultancy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone here actually watched Liam Henry or just had a look at stats from a couple of his games? I feel there’s some massive over rating going on. Happy to throw it out there that brocky will be a much, much better footballer than henry but somehow we’re throwing in extra picks for him?

Has anyone here actually watched Liam Henry or just had a look at stats from a couple of his games? I feel there’s some massive over rating going on. Happy to throw it out there that brocky will be a much, much better footballer than henry but somehow we’re throwing in extra picks for him?
It's either 'grass is greener' syndrome, or "zomg pick 9, brocky only pick 42!"

Yes because Peter Bell fed and bathed him so he is worth more.

Why pick up Henry when Weddle and even CJ could be much more damaging on a wing?

With the news from your boards most reliable ITK that Ben M is coming, surely it means Weddle gets to go up the field?

Henry just doesn't seem like a player that will add much to Hawthorn with their current list.

So no Bailey Smith then….

steve buscemi people to kill GIF

Correct. It’s time we made a stand. Sleepy needs to deliver.
No he doesn’t. The obsession with trading for big name players every year is ridiculous. Let’s keep building through the draft for another year or two, pick up some free agents and bargain trades then let’s see where we are at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back