Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weddle is sitting back on his leg, Serong is not.

Impossible to make a real assessment based on how they are squatting.

No he doesn't he is kneeling differently have a second look

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN
You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

I know everyone is still annoyed with the Brad Hill compensation but it has literally nothing to do with anything anymore.

It means as much as us bending them over in the Luke Hodge/Trent Croad few year period.

It’s the same as the Buddy Franklin compensation, every year people bring it up in their complaint about value of compensation when they couldn’t of got anything higher due to winning the flag.

I’m not saying that a mid to late first got Henry is overs more that the Hill stuff was years ago the bloke doesn’t even play at Fremantle anymore
Couldn't disagree with you more. Brad Hill and Liam Henry are very similar in a lot of facets for when Hill was traded to Freo.
Both 5ft 10 and play the wing role. Both Out of Contract and requested a trade to a different state.
Brad played 5 seasons at the Hawks and Liam 4 before requesting the trade.

Hill = pick 23

1693448550540.png
Hill had also been nominated as a rising star in 2013.

Henry = 1st round pick.

1693449418345.png

It's ridiculous for Bellend to even say it with a straight face and totally moronic.

Attachments

• 1693448441033.png
    1693448441033.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Today's SEN trade update:
Denver not up for trade, loves Hawthorn and has no interest in leaving.
Freo want a mid to late first rounder for Henry. Henry has not even started talking to clubs yet.
1 year deal for Chad if surgery ticked off as good, 2 year deal if it went bad - that makes no sense.
McKay down to Essendon or Sydney. No mention of Hawks and Gresham.

So in summary we have 5 weeks or having no idea what will happen and it's so fluid it will change daily.
Amazing. Team reportedly stands by injured player by giving him security and the use of world class facilities to recover in. Who'd have thunk that?

On Chad, I would say he gets 1 year at a higher salary if he's a chance to recover, with the potential for more 1 year contracts if his performances are up to scratch, and 2 years at a lower salary if the recovery goes poorly. Makes sense to me.

surely the ratagulea rumoured offer is false? someone please tell me it aint so???? guy is an ok player, wont be a game changer for us.... definitely not worth big money

and ben mckay? id rather he went to bombers, ive never seen him really play a good game, seems well below a-grade....would be happy with henry and hitting the draft hard.....no point chasing players just because they are the only ones available.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't disagree with you more. Brad Hill and Liam Henry are very similar in a lot of facets for when Hill was traded to Freo.
Both 5ft 10 and play the wing role. Both Out of Contract and requested a trade to a different state.
Brad played 5 seasons at the Hawks and Liam 4 before requesting the trade.

Hill = pick 23

View attachment 1790909
Hill had also been nominated as a rising star in 2013.

Henry = 1st round pick.

View attachment 1790918

It's ridiculous for Bellend to even say it with a straight face and totally moronic.
Brad was contracted. But he did have plenty of off field issues that we were happy to be clear of.

Request, sure, not dictate.

If the hawks get nominated, but stkilda can offer a better deal and fulfill the contract, they should be able to pick up a player.

Players should have a say on a region (eg. Western Vic, eastern vic, nsw, qld, wa, sa) but not bending the team over a barrel.

With full free agency If there's a desire to get to a particular club, they'll get that chance
Are you able to go to any workplace you want that also wants you when your current workplace contract is up?

AFL players should be able to choose their workplace as well when they are out of contract.

Brad was contracted. But he did have plenty of off field issues that we were happy to be clear of.
Brad being contracted would make for even higher compensation than compared to Henry. Yes Brad had a few issues but not Stringer and Taryn Thomas levels and would argue Buddy was behaving worse.

As a comparison for draft value Brad Hill from Hawks to Freo would be a great reference and not irrelevant, which was the point of my response.

Honestly I'd be happy for us to target the draft again this year with limited activity in the trade period. I think we spend one more year bolstering our list and building a foundation before we start needing to fill in holes in the squad.

The team is young and has plenty of development ahead so it seems risky for us to pay someone big money to get them across if we have young guys developing to pay the same role and possibly keeping those out of the side.

I'll be okay with Henry coming to us as he's in our age group but dealing with Freo is a nightmare when Bellend thinks everyone is worth a first round pick.

Last edited:
Are you able to go to any workplace you want that also wants you when your current workplace contract is up?

AFL players should be able to choose their workplace as well when they are out of contract.

The issue is that the AFL is their workplace.

If I wanted a transfer to Melbourne in my job I wouldn't necessarily be able to choose Preston and ignore all other available locations.

I feel like a player should be able to nominate a club, but if they are heading to a particular state and a neighbouring club has a more attractive offer, then it can override the players nomination, in the right circumstances. ESPECIALLY when it's a player requesting a trade who is still in contract.

Today's SEN trade update:
Denver not up for trade, loves Hawthorn and has no interest in leaving.
Freo want a mid to late first rounder for Henry. Henry has not even started talking to clubs yet.
1 year deal for Chad if surgery ticked off as good, 2 year deal if it went bad - that makes no sense.
McKay down to Essendon or Sydney. No mention of Hawks and Gresham.

So in summary we have 5 weeks or having no idea what will happen and it's so fluid it will change daily.
So Henry has requested a trade to Vic but hasn’t spoken to any clubs yet?

IMG_0007.gif

The issue is that the AFL is their workplace.

If I wanted a transfer to Melbourne in my job I wouldn't necessarily be able to choose Preston and ignore all other available locations.

I feel like a player should be able to nominate a club, but if they are heading to a particular state and a neighbouring club has a more attractive offer, then it can override the players nomination, in the right circumstances. ESPECIALLY when it's a player requesting a trade who is still in contract.
Even if we look at it that way as the AFL being the employer, most places would allow someone to transfer to their desired location particularly if that desired location also wanted you.
I agree 100% if a player is still in contract, but if they are out of contract then I think it should just be fair game. In saying that though, I think the default contract particularly for a 1st round draft pick should be at least 3 years.

Henry would be an interesting prospect to bring across but honestly don’t think it’s worth the hassle dealing with Freo.

Our second rounder this year will get eaten up by the McCabe bid. If freo don’t take that (which is still overs imo) then we walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back