Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly do they do at these medicals.
Tap his knee with a mini hammer, then he reflexively kicks the doctor in the balls?
You passed!
If he has done an Essendon medical first, check for PED's

Insane to me how people can be footy journalists but have 0 real insight into Melbourne's issues and how to fix them.

They don't need small forwards, they don't need key forwards, they need someone who can deliver the ball I50 with a kicking efficiency better than 60%. Petracca, Oliver and Viney are responsible for a significant portion of their I50s every week and NONE of them kick at above 55% let alone 60%. Viney goes at 49%. Even their outside midfielders / HFFs like Neal-Bullen and Langdon are terrible kicks.

They've had serviceable tall forwards for the past couple of years, just no one who can actually kick the ball to their advantage.

You make a compelling argument but that points column doesn’t lie either.

The game plan and fatigue is a factor but given this is the hypothetical trade thread maybe we throw them some half backs in exchange for a forward.

They will be forced to

It will be part of the assistance package

I can live with that. The principle of it all is shit - but if ultimately one of those picks is being used on a player we aren't interested in anyway then so be it.

It would also give us extra incentive to try and get pick #4 off GWS.

Best case scenario is we could be looking at drafting two of - Duursma, Watson, McKercher or Curtin. That'd be a dream.

Ok this is the latest.

It looked like Essendon had him before we offered an extra year.

Sammy is keen cos he’s a free hit & fills a massive void.

It could change again.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Don't start counting chickens. I'm not (but we're in a good position).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're expecting something in GF week. Management has told us it will be sometime before the GF. Perhaps even as later this week.

Like I said don't count chickens though. Dons could still trump us although considering the contracts involved, that's doubtful.

Edit: If they do get him it will be because he chooses them rather than bigger contract. There isn't that much difference in the contracts offered although ours is somewhat better (without knowing exactly what Dons have offered).

I hope we get Mckay. Having Blanck and him taking the 2 monsters frees sicily up massively. If he can run off a mark everything makes our run out of half back a massive asset
Yep and that’s for the few teams that have two genuine monsters which is pretty rare. For the rest mckay will be another interceptor, and we have the players around him so he doesn’t need to kick too much!

6 years (im assuming is the revised deal) is pretty massive for a meh player like McKay but it won't break our pay structure. as has been noted given how much money is coming off our books this year we will need heavily frontloaded contracts just to meet salary floor.

this off-season is a great opportunity to overpay someone – for only a season or two – as an incentive to get them across to a bottom 4 team. most of our important contracts are secured until 2025, Newk and Weddle are the only two real big ones off the top of my head coming up. so it makes sense that we can afford to add an extra year because of how damn flexible we can be with frontloading.

we will just lose the cap space we don't use this offseason (presumably by frontloading existing contracts?) so as R+L implied it is literally a free hit

6 years (im assuming is the revised deal) is pretty massive for a meh player like McKay but it won't break our pay structure. as has been noted given how much money is coming off our books this year we will need heavily frontloaded contracts just to meet salary floor.

this off-season is a great opportunity to overpay someone – for only a season or two – as an incentive to get them across to a bottom 4 team. most of our important contracts are secured until 2025, Newk and Weddle are the only two real big ones off the top of my head coming up. so it makes sense that we can afford to add an extra year because of how damn flexible we can be with frontloading.

we will just lose the cap space we don't use this offseason (presumably by frontloading existing contracts?) so as R+L implied it is literally a free hit
I have been saying exactly this to those who would listen. There is so much front ending of contracts you can do.

That said, we need to get McKay first, but he does alter issues such as player trading, flexibility, player delisting and structure.

We don’t get him we will react in a list management way, we are having a go though, a real go.

He is not Peter Knights or Kel Moore or Chris Mew or Brian Lake but I hope we can get him.

Last edited:
Incredible to think that in today’s day and age sports journalists can essentially dream up facts and print them and not be held accountable.
This is nothing compared to what the English tabloid journos concoct for clicks during their transfer season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back