Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best draft ever without a doubt. Look at this team:

Boyd (R23) - Lake (71) - Carrazzo (R5)
Hodge (1) - Bock (R25) - Kelly (17)

Sandilands (R33) - Judd (3) - GAJ (F/S 40)
Montagna (37) - Mitchell (36) - Swan (58)

Dal Santo (13) - Waite (F/S 46) - Bartel (8)
Stevie J (24) - Bradshaw (R16) - Hale (7)

Bench from:
L. Ball (2)
Polak (4)
Sampi (6)
Reilly (12)
Ladson (16)
Gram (19)
Maguire (21)
Seaby (22)
LRT (29)
Brown (32)
Rodan (33)
Hansen (38)
Welsh (47)
Medhurst (56)
Schneider (60)

Jamar (R6)
Thornton (R11)
Lynch (R19)
Rutten (R40)
Mattner (R51)

As for the best player discussion - Hodge is my favorite all-time player, but clearly GAJ is the best player to come out of that draft.

Also I think the 2001 era drafting gave rise to the. ‘Hard rebuild’ mantra. All the case studies participated heavily in 2001

Anyway pps are gone and FAs are in now. And everyone conveniently forgets we traded for the hodge and Lewis picks

Tho
All that noise and commotion and C Oliver is staying at the Dees.
It unreal how stories get so big so fast only to turn out to be based on nothing.

Seeing as he’s easily triggered opponents will be taking notes

If he *s up again the following year after publicly getting an ultimatum and supposedly committing to the standards he needs to uphold... They will absolutely need to move him on and another team would be stupid to pay up what he's worth on the football field for him at that point.

The contract in this case would work against them, not for them. A contract of that length is valuable for players you want to/can keep.
And if he doesn’t screw up because of the little chat and he’s been going half baked this whole time but he’s now going to actually put it all in he’s about to turn into Megatron

I reckon it’s 3 f1st, brocky and something else. What do they need preferably running back flankers. Harry?

It’s gotta be someone who will hurt slightly

In 2001 pick 1 hodge pick 20 elstone and pick 36 Mitchell was swapped for croad and McPharlin (who was a boomerang) solid KPP

Apparently we were considering drafting Montagne too if only.

And supporters rioted

Dear hawks fans. Don’t rioting if the hawks pull this off and a favourite departs

It went ok last time

I made the fatal mistake of listening for 5 minutes and he said to Nat “you know my thoughts on how Hawthorn have gone about there list changes”.

He then went on to say unless Hawthorn were prepared to offer someone like Will Day then they don’t have the assets to get pick 1.

Poor bugger will not give up.

We've all made that mistake. I no longer listen or watch or click on anything with his name on it. I can still be informed but I avoid the frustration of a pathetic individual desperately trolling for attention.

And if he doesn’t screw up because of the little chat and he’s been going half baked this whole time but he’s now going to actually put it all in he’s about to turn into Megatron
And I don't disagree with that, but what I said was if he has another off-field issue.

How good would a trade stories that never were book be, their would be so many nuances to the negotiations, afl should make the conversations public content haha

I made the fatal mistake of listening for 5 minutes and he said to Nat “you know my thoughts on how Hawthorn have gone about there list changes”.

He then went on to say unless Hawthorn were prepared to offer someone like Will Day then they don’t have the assets to get pick 1.

Poor bugger will not give up.

Barrett is so deep in the "doubling-down" pit that he is more likely to explode then admit we actually made good decisions last trade period.

I mean, I for one am quite happy for Barrett to explode.

fight fighting GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a fellow-Niners fan, I'm still dirty we passed Mahomes by when we could've drafted him in 2017. I could go back even further to our choice of Alex Smith instead of Aaron Rodgers in 2005. And who can forget the draft capital we gave up to draft Trey Lance, who's now with the Cowboys!

I'm an optimist, though and am delighted we (finally) got lucky with Brock Purdy (Pick No.262!!!). The lad's going to win us a Superbowl or three!
I'm all on the Mr Relevant Bandwagon. Believe we would have gone close last year if not for that injury.

100%. If he is our man (Luke Hodge) to build around then we pull the trigger and do whatever we can to get it done.

The whole country has been talking about this kid for 2 years now.

If he becomes a bust then the whole country has egg on its face not just Hawthorn.
While we all love to have him - our options and offerings to secure him are very limited.

Hawthorn number of games won since stripping the list back in 2022 - 7/23.
Norf number of games won since stripping the list back in 2020 - 9/67.

I get why Barrett's brain has melted into a puddle of soup now. If my club was so utterly shit and another club did a similar strategy and crushed it within a single season I would want my brain to dissolve also to avoid the pain.

If you haven't already, check out the QB docuseries on Netflix. It's so bloody awesome - Mahomes is such a competitive beast but seems like a really grateful, grounded guy off the field. Hard not to like him from watching it even as someone who isn't a Chiefs fan (go Seahawks!).
Seahawks fan Ned?

I knew you were a good egg! :thumbsu:

Hawthorn number of games won since stripping the list back in 2022 - 7/23.
Norf number of games won since stripping the list back in 2020 - 9/67.

I get why Barrett's brain has melted into a puddle of soup now. If my club was so utterly s**t and another club did a similar strategy and crushed it within a single season I would want my brain to dissolve also to avoid the pain.
I can just imagine that thin low IQ grey soup bubbling with angry astonishment when we beat Brisbane and Collingwood!

What would pick3 , Brockman +’CJ get us from the eagles?
Add a F1 and the deal gets done for pick 1

WCE need a name to put bums on seats, a talent, an excitement machine, and as much as people like CJ here at Hawthorn - Scrimmers gets the nod all day long in the back 6 based on what I've seen.

Plus WCE may feel they have a shot at the younger brother then as well in the draft

It has to be a deal that both clubs 'win' and if Hawthorn want Reid then WCE will need to get something more than Brockman + picks.

As for Chol - I posted before about his pro's and cons:

I'll repeat it here:

"You gotta feel a little bit for Chol.

Left Richmond after not being supported in 'grope-gate' and really, Dimma wasn't a fan.

Goes north to be closer to family (and probably GC the best suitor even on about $450K per year) - and then finds out that his new coach is.......Dimma.

All the talent in the world, but allowed too much latitude by Dew regarding fitness / weight / training (the irony is not lost on me I assure you) - and finds himself in the VFL again, with a new coach who doesn't rate him.

Nor did Steven King.

BUT - always a but at trade time - Chol booted 44 goals when he was half fit and carrying 7-8 kg of excess weight.

He has all the talent in the world, but coach after coach let him get away with poor training and still gave him game time - and a club gave him a salary that 99% of Australians would love.

He will find a home somewhere - the exit interviews are done at GC - so the 'gettable' talk probably has some legs.

He's only 26 - but he's under contract until 2025.

If he goes that leaves a busted up Levi, and Chris Burgess as back-up to Ben King, who still hasn't extended - Jed Walter has a massive task on his hands to step up pretty much from day one.

Get Chol fit, motivated, and fully bought into a clubs philosophy - there's a 60 - 70 goal FF right there.

Hardwick, Dew and King have failed in that - can Sam Mitchell be the one that does, or do Hawthorn wait to see how GCS perform in 2024 - because that's 100% what Ben King will base his decision on.

If SM does think he can unlock Chol - and you are letting Kosi go - then there is a spot, regardless of the very real possibility of Ben King in 2024.

Lewis, Chol and Ryan / DGB would be very potent - and Chol could do the Kosi 'ruck' role much better.

But Chol has to buy in,and change his mindset - and I'm not too sure he really wants to at GC.

Him moving on does suit GCS - getting enough points from a Chol trade frees up Pick 4 for other uses.

Maybe a club with a better culture will have more luck with Chol. It's all about risk / reward I guess"

Mabior Chol, fully fit and motivated will kick you 50+ goals with the delivery from your quality mids. Great pickup for Hawthorn.

So North 2 years ago rejected ridiculous offers of several first round picks for Pick 1 which famously blew up in their face 12 months later...

Another 12 months later, and they want to checks notes ridiculously offer several first round picks for Pick 1? 🤔
North is just bluffing. They will never go near Curtin after that lesson. I think both Hawks and Eagles knows it hence our interest shown on Pick 1.

North is just bluffing. They will never go near Curtin after that lesson. I think both Hawks and Eagles knows it hence our interest shown on Pick 1.
Yep, North are begging for hand outs. Can't go picking players who will walk out on them as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back