Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all thise saying they support realistic trade offers and seem to have found their voice after the rumour about "Pick 25 is rumour" tweet

The offer from North for Reis is

"A second offer has been put forward, with a deal of four picks. One option would be (Picks) 15, 18, 21 and an end of first-round pick next year. Or 15, 21 and two end of first-round picks next year" - Cal Twomey on North Melbourne's Pick 1 offer to West Coast

That is Pick 1 for 15,18,21 & 19(2024)
or
Pick 1 for 15,21 + 19 & 20(2024)

2+3 is media beatup.. North starts from the above 2 offers .

Our ITKs have said we've offered Pick 4 + F1 as a minimum.
They also just traded away one of their end of first round compensation picks for Stephens.
After academy bids that means their starting offer is 20, 23, 28 and 19 (2024).
If I'm West Coast I'm closing the phone and immediately ringing up McKenzie

For all thise saying they support realistic trade offers and seem to have found their voice after the rumour about "Pick 25 is rumour" tweet

The offer from North for Reis is

"A second offer has been put forward, with a deal of four picks. One option would be (Picks) 15, 18, 21 and an end of first-round pick next year. Or 15, 21 and two end of first-round picks next year" - Cal Twomey on North Melbourne's Pick 1 offer to West Coast

That is Pick 1 for 15,18,21 & 19(2024)
or
Pick 1 for 15,21 + 19 & 20(2024)

2+3 is media beatup.. North starts from the above 2 offers .

They need talent and they are pissing 4 picks away for 1 … Gagf you peasants

Love the 'take a stand' approach! 'If you don't give us what you want we will let you, or someone else, have it for free!' makes you sound like a crazy person, not a tough negotiator.

Acting like a child and taking players to the PSD is something minnow clubs like Gold Coast and St Kilda do. I'd prefer not to join their ranks.

Now...telling Dodoro that we will take Massimo in the PSD is absolutely the right kind of sabre rattling I hope we are using when dealing with that absolute campaigner.
I think there is merit depending on what trade you do it on to send a message, like for Richmond if they offer pick 67- that would be less than 100 points, so we need to decide if 100 is better than making a statement to the league.

I dont think we should have a blanket rule but sometimes its about long term view

It doesn't happen because, as you say, they generally don't get to the PSD without a guarantee they'll be selected by their desired club. It's the reason why Carlton and Jack Martin negotiated a $1m salary that no other club would ever risk, and it's why Luke Ball nominated for the national draft to get to Collingwood as other clubs would have taken him in the PSD.
Well it sounds like with kossi it was 1 extra year and 150k, so its hardly going to break the bank.

Our length was 2 year with a trigger for 3..

So if he walks into psd we can still pick jim up but its also the added effect that he could end up at North as well. So he has to decide what he wants to potentially end up at North or renegotiate with us. Also Richmond need to decide if they want him bad enough to pay what he is remotely worth and not try and screw us.

This play makes sense

North clearly have a better hand for pick 1. That doesn't mean we should stop negotiating just because we assume they'll get the pick. At worst we push up the price they have to pay. At best they get caught napping with subpar offers and we swoop in.

This tweet pretty much confirms my thoughts from the start in this so called bid for Reid. I thoroughly believe WC has said for us to push North as far as you can into giving up picks 2 + 3 and we'll look after you with Brockman once it's done. There's no way in hell we've ever been able to give up the same haul as them for pick 1 and I found it weird all along.

I guess we'll see how it all pans out but if we end up getting something like pick 22 or 36 for Brockman then I think it's clear as day we were working with them to panic North. Don't be surprised if we end up seeing and article / rumours floating that Hawthorn is close to a deal with WC on pick 1 with North to end up relenting and handing over pick 2 + 3.
The funny thing is if the Beggars hadn't choked in the last game they would have pick 1, now they look like getting rid of 2 picks to get pick 1. You couldn't make this shit up

North clearly have a better hand for pick 1. That doesn't mean we should stop negotiating just because we assume they'll get the pick. At worst we push up the price they have to pay. At best they get caught napping with subpar offers and we swoop in.
Nothing would of surprised the club yesterday when that compo came down. They would of hoped it didnt but not surprised it did

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing would of surprised the club yesterday when that compo came down. They would of hoped it didnt but not surprised it did
Make West Coast pick the phone up if they want to deal and aren't happy with North's offer. We've made our position clear, if they want to slide back all they have to do is come back with a counter offer. There's no point sticking around the conversation if all we're doing is putting in offers to get rejected.

North are absolutely smashing this. Just flipping future first gifts for fun.

Fun coupons.

View attachment 1828100

I thought their future picks were conditional on performance? This whole thing is so sus.

That said, Stephens is 22 and he's shown nothing. Sydney making out like bandits.

I thought their future picks were conditional on performance? This whole thing is so sus.

That said, Stephens is 22 and he's shown nothing. Sydney making out like bandits.
I think "conditional on performance" was afl BS code for trade the picks out this year. Can't revoke the picks if they've been traded away.

AFL said they were free to trade them, so much for conditional. 4 First round pick handouts for being shit.

Imagine going to work to find out that your co worker who has been woeful at their job for 4 plus years is handed a pay rise and bonus this year and next year.
I guess it pays to be incompetent.

The AFL should've had a clause in the deal saying that they could not trade multiple picks for 1, defeats the purpose of trying to rebuild the club at a quicker rate.
Merge them with the Doggies, Western Kangaroos has a nice ring to it.

Imagine going to work to find out that your co worker who has been woeful at their job for 4 plus years is handed a pay rise and bonus this year and next year.
I guess it pays to be incompetent.

The AFL should've had a clause in the deal saying that they could not trade multiple picks for 1, defeats the purpose of trying to rebuild the club at a quicker rate.
Merge them with the Doggies, Western Kangaroos has a nice ring to it.
Isn't that like most places the more competent and efficient you are at your job, the more work you take on or carry for your team? But I agree it shouldn't be that way

Fist Pump Success GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back