Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm forget the pick he went at. I would take him EVERY day of the week before Bailey Smith who is talked up on here.

I watch a lot of footy and this lad has it. Mix of power, speed and reckon he is going to explode over the next few years into the elite category.
At this stage of his career, there is no other way to describe him than the 4th best small forward at Brisbane. You wouldn't let him tie Zac Bailey's bootlaces. Elite talent on cruise control. Smith has his own troubles, but doesn't have question-marks over his effort.

That deal isn't getting accepted unless it's some wild Hawthorn fans dream

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk
It’s Ryan for Gunston + a 13-15 pick upgrade from 33 to around 18-20.

It’s not as wild as you suggest but it’s definitely in our favour.

Depends how badly they want Ryan — they’re offering him a 3 year deal, and that’s what a first round draftee would get.

Hmm forget the pick he went at. I would take him EVERY day of the week before Bailey Smith who is talked up on here.

I watch a lot of footy and this lad has it. Mix of power, speed and reckon he is going to explode over the next few years into the elite category.

Rayner has talent, but turns out having picks 45 and 67 in that year's draft was better than having pick 1.

1. Cam Rayner
45. James Worpel
67. Dylan Moore

Then we will just have to draft him like a normal draftee.

Do we rate him that highly?
Do we need another back flanker?
What would we be giving up on draft night, pick wise, to facilitate getting a selection to pick him?

The romance needs to be put aside. Good on the kid for improving so much that he's a guarantee to be drafted.
But he's a very low chance of wearing Brown and Gold at this stage.

His goal celebration song is Sweet Caroline. We could work with that.
We could also get a bit creative with it too .
Out - Sweet Caroline
In - Crunchy Granola Suite and Solitary Man

Could also look to do an artist slide and move Neil Diamond down a few spots.
I think the Lions would go for it 🙂

It’s Ryan for Gunston + a 13-15 pick upgrade from 33 to around 18-20.

It’s not as wild as you suggest but it’s definitely in our favour.

Depends how badly they want Ryan — they’re offering him a 3 year deal, and that’s what a first round draftee would get.
That pick 18 would be gone in a McCabe bid. Useless to us.

We could also get a bit creative with it too .
Out - Sweet Caroline
In - Crunchy Granola Suite and Solitary Man

Could also look to do an artist slide and move Neil Diamond down a few spots.
I think the Lions would go for it 🙂
wrt to Crunchy Granola Suite, prophetic words about the trade period are contained within the song:

'I knew a man with a Tiger at his gate
Kosi he couldn't relax and he couldn't relate'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Gunner gets a Normie with the Cats…

Mad Rainn Wilson GIF by T-Mobile

I just can't wrap my head around people willing to trade out Ryan. We drafted him for a reason. He has played all of 3 games coming direct from VFL and shown he is capable. You don't just throw away a promising player to get a pick upgrade to be used on a complete unknown. We are in a rebuild FFS. Promising players are what we are looking for.

I'm all for the romanticism of bringing Gunners home, but to suggest we need to trade Ryan for him is insane. Gunners' value is about future 4th.

I just can't wrap my head around people willing to trade out Ryan. We drafted him for a reason. He has played all of 3 games coming direct from VFL and shown he is capable. You don't just throw away a promising player to get a pick upgrade to be used on a complete unknown. We are in a rebuild FFS. Promising players are what we are looking for.

I'm all for the romanticism of bringing Gunners home, but to suggest we need to trade Ryan for him is insane. Gunners' value is about future 4th.
Yeah heck that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back