Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as it’s a ‘rolling the dice’ type deal on the payment end, why not?

Otherwise, move along.

Potential for him kicking goals and adding performance vs. being a train wreck pickup seems about even money.

If you can’t commit to being a team player as a pro athlete on GF eve something is more than a little wrong.

Think you'll have to get interested! He's very unlikely to stay at the Pies, and we're the only ones linked to him!

This is one of those instances where I'd love to be wrong.

But when a young player kicks 40 in a season, then struggles to make the team, and after an injury makes the GF side. Only to potentially blow that chance by heading out to the track for an evening, you can't help but hear level crossing bells and see the boom gates coming down.

Everyone deserves a second chance though. I believe in that idea more than I dislike the proposition of him being in our side.

It's 6am and I'm at work. It's going to be a fun day and if half the stories i've heard overnight are what we'll be exploring I'll be flat-out.

1. The Smith trade is news to me. Far as I'm aware talks had ceased for this year but MM could have had this simmering on the backburner and we'll find out today. The deal would be 4 & F1
2. We still do not want to trade Ryan and are not planning to but a future 2nd could be what unlocks a Ginny trade which we're now apparently keen on.
3. Last news on Massimo is we'll pick him up later as an UFA. Pick 63 wont be used by Dons so since they're getting nothing in their eyes they're happpy to make us and him wait. Typical tiprat club.
4. Gunner will only get done if others fall into place.
5. Kosi/Chol - You don't need me to tell you. Suns want F2 we're offering F3 or pick 44 this year. We want pick 29, Tigers offering 65. We might go for 50 & F3.

Waiting for the others to come in and the paperwork to start :)

But when a young player kicks 40 in a season, then struggles to make the team, and after an injury makes the GF side. Only to potentially blow that chance by heading out to the track for an evening, you can't help but hear level crossing bells and see the boom gates coming down.

Everyone deserves a second chance though. I believe in that idea more than I dislike the proposition of him being in our side.
Totally get where you're coming from. Seems like a consistently bad decision-maker. I think we might see that reflected in the length of the contract offer. I'd say we're looking at a 2-year-deal very heavy on incentives. He has a chance to change his behaviour, and we'll benefit hugely if he grabs it.

It's 6am and I'm at work. It's going to be a fun day and if half the stories i've heard overnight are what we'll be exploring I'll be flat-out.

1. The Smith trade is news to me. Far as I'm aware talks had ceased for this year but MM could have had this simmering on the backburner and we'll find out today. The deal would be 4 & F1
2. We still do not want to trade Ryan and are not planning to but a future 2nd could be what unlocks a Ginny trade which we're now apparently keen on.
3. Last news on Massimo is we'll pick him up later as an UFA. Pick 63 wont be used by Dons so since they're getting nothing in their eyes they're happpy to make us and him wait. Typical tiprat club.
5. Kosi/Chol - You don't need me to tell you. Suns want F2 we're offering F3 or pick 44 this year. We want pick 29, Tigers offering 65. We might go for 50 & F3.

Thanks for the update. Assume there's something coming back our way? Maybe something in both years?

IMO the problem with the Kosi trade is tigers only have 29 (to much) and then 50,65,68 (which individually are not enough).

AFL.con.au reports “Port has offered a future second-round pick and the No.41 selection in this year's draft for Soldo.”

I wonder if that could unlock our trades. Take 41, on trade for Chol etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KL would a first round pick go completely and dogs want to hold 4 and 5 in this draft or is it a pick swap back from 4 to 5 for smith.

Pick 4 and a future first for Smith ? Surely that's too much, I hope your wrong on that one.

I'm not a fan of gambling or horse racing at all, and that's my greatest reluctance in acquiring Ginnivan. (I'm ignoring the current behavioural rumours until they're proven correct, which I'm not convinced will happen).

From an on-field perspective, we just NEED all the forward talent we can get.
Our salary cap is at the point where we can take a calculated risk on players like Ginnivan and Chol and not wind up shooting ourselves in the footy if it doesn't work out.

Might pay to Google Andrew Krakouer’s journey from Richmond to Collingwood.

He managed to turn things around after getting cut and playing WAFL and going to jail for 32 months (16 non-parole)

Puts Ginnavin into some perspective.

KL would a first round pick go completely and dogs want to hold 4 and 5 in this draft or is it a pick swap back from 4 to 5 for smith.
Originally it was 4 & F1 for 5 & Smith. As I said, I hadn't heard we were back on so i'm waiting for everyone to get in today. Well, the bosses anyway, no-one already here knows about it either.

I'll try and post but it's going to be a busy day. Word is we're starting on Ginny first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back