List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can GWS pay monster contracts when under salary cap pressure without releasing some of that pressure.....maybe there is some truth to Whitfield.

Whilst Doogs is frustrating he is not the worst out there and would prefer him to Cordy and McKay. Have to be a great offer for me to be happy to lose him....frdp just don't see it happening.

Gresh makes more sense at Hawthorn they have to spend their salary cap somewhere...we should get a pick around 20.

The interesting watch will be the clubs like us that do not make the 8 and have to make similar list decisions to us....but maybe cut harder.....Geelong Dogs Essendon Richmond come to mind.

Could be a mind boggling trade period as clubs take a serious hard look at their lists and move players that aren't taking them to the promised land.

We have salary cap space so can bid for players and pay them more than say GCS and GWS, who have no salary cap and once a player says I want to go to a club then the trade gets done.

Can see us getting 3 established 3-4 year afl players and losing Gresh and maybe another (no idea who) and having a weaker hand in the draft. Unless we can do something monstrous pick swaps with the Suns which sounds great in theory but unlikely.

Our back line is okay the forwards are a work in progress and we all agree we need 2 or 3 more mids.mids.mids.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don’t think GWS are under pressure any longer. They’ve had a massive exodus.

We can forget about getting the sun's first rounder.

Will be traded to Richmond for Martin.

So I'm told!

Sent from my CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe, but i can see another AFL handshake deal to Hardwick with a lot of concession promises to get them into the finals for his tenure a bit like Clarko getting to North.

Their first round pick isn't the only thing they have to trade.

So you genuinely believe the 32 year old Dusty on over 1m a year will be traded for what currently looks like pick 5 after an average season where he is averaging 22 touches and just over a goal a game?

They just use it on something else. More points, a F1. Can’t see it with Dusty’s salary
It sounded strange to me when I was told but the more I think about it, it makes sense.

An experienced big game player for a pick you're not going to use anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if Richmond pays some of the salary for the top 8ish pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you genuinely believe the 32 year old Dusty on over 1m a year will be traded for what currently looks like pick 5 after an average season where he is averaging 22 touches and just over a goal a game?
Only because they're not using the pick anyway.

Basically for free.

Who wouldn't want dusty for free for a couple years. Could win you a premiership.

Only because they're not using the pick anyway.

Basically for free.

Who wouldn't want dusty for free for a couple years. Could win you a premiership.

Maybe prime dusty mate.

Not this one.

And as I said, this pick will be split to help them afford the point they need.

He is on 1.5 mill next year. Heavily back ended. They would need to do a salary dump
If Richmond were getting pick 6, they'd be paying a decent portion of that 1.5. AFL would probably take over a portion as 'ambassador' money too.

Probably send their future 2nd along with it and Gold Coast then trade some future 2nds for points from clubs not keen on this years draft.

Not using the pick anyway so it's actually a smart idea imo

Same as the Dogs getting Treloar for free in the Jamara Ugle-Hagen deal. They had to get rid of it or just hand it over anyway. It's a free double dip. One of the dumbest and most corrupting rules the AFL has allowed to continue.

Gold Coast are one of the most idiotic clubs in history. The deal to send Geelong a first round pick and a promising player must have made Geelong laugh at them. It's like a couple of inbreds took the cow to the city to sell and ended up in a bathtub full of ice with a kidney missing. You'd love an hour in a room with them. You could reap the cream off their list and make them pay you to do it.

I know we are ****ing idiots but we look like sophisticated operators in comparison. Peter Bell would have the Suns paying Freo to take Noah Anderson and Lukosious off their hands when all they wanted was directions to the toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back