List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't cover a 2m defender , he is the only guy that can cover the big talls like Daniher , Hawkins , Wright , B.King etc
Howard does a very good job on keeping a player covered and rarely does a player kick a bag on him and for us to trade him we out having no real quality to cover him is just crazy unless they find some as good or better.
I'm no Howard fan , but he is one of the best tall defenders around and this is why teams want him.
Moore 2.03m (COLL)
Brarrass 1.97m (WCE)
Taylor 1.96m (GWS)
Davis 1.97m (GWS)

Howard 1.99m
Wilkie 1.91m
Battle 1.93m
Cordy 1.95m
I’d like to see Jack Hayes trialled in defence next season..strong body & good one on one!

We can't cover a 2m defender , he is the only guy that can cover the big talls like Daniher , Hawkins , Wright , B.King etc
Howard does a very good job on keeping a player covered and rarely does a player kick a bag on him and for us to trade him we out having no real quality to cover him is just crazy unless they find some as good or better.
I'm no Howard fan , but he is one of the best tall defenders around and this is why teams want him.
Moore 2.03m (COLL)
Brarrass 1.97m (WCE)
Taylor 1.96m (GWS)
Davis 1.97m (GWS)

Howard 1.99m
Wilkie 1.91m
Battle 1.93m
Cordy 1.95m

Which ones have the longest arms and highest shoulders?

Non-leader? We don't know these players, who's to say he isn't a leader?
The leadership group is likely full of terrific folk, however our years of being mired in either being crap, or wallowing in crappy mediocrity, suggests that our standards have been both mediocre and crap. That is a leadership issue...on all levels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard that interview on radio. He was being very careful not to throw Ratts under the bus but said that the standards under Ross had gone up a level. Really encourages players to get the absolute best out of themselves.

cc: Brett Ratten
Practically throws Ratten under the bus
I heard that interview on radio. He was being very careful not to throw Ratts under the bus but said that the standards under Ross had gone up a level. Really encourages players to get the absolute best out of themselves.
See here dard ball

Bit of clickbait for sure, listening to the full interview he also said there isn't a one size fits all approach and coaches will run their programs differently. Also said we did a lot of good things last year.

Not that I necessarily agree but I thought Mason was as objective as he could've been.

Bit of clickbait for sure, listening to the full interview he also said there isn't a one size fits all approach and coaches will run their programs differently. Also said we did a lot of good things last year.

Not that I necessarily agree but I thought Mason was as objective as he could've been.
And it very much sounded like he was trying not to throw Ratten under the bus.

I’m sure you can agree on that

And it very much sounded like he was trying not to throw Ratten under the bus.

I’m sure you can agree on that
Well yeah he was careful with his words for sure but I think that's stock standard straight bat stuff that all players do. He knew they were fishing for a headline comment so he tried to not give them one.

Well yeah he was careful with his words for sure but I think that's stock standard straight bat stuff that all players do. He knew they were fishing for a headline comment so he tried to not give them one.
He inadvertently said it with the quote I posted above and circled back to what you said about how everyone is different

Clark is an absolute point of difference. Been unlucky with freak injuries otherwise would have been a consistent performer for us.

"would have" could have.

there's always something for these guys like clark. same story with billings and gresham. acres. its always "if it wasnt for X Y and Z he'd be amazing"

He inadvertently said it with the quote I posted above and circled back to what you said about how everyone is different
I didn't see it that way, listening to the full thing it didn't seem to me like he was comparing them. He prefaced what he said about Lyon with all coaches will have different ways of doing things, the purpose of him prefacing it with this was to not give off the impression that his answer was meant to be comparing them, as they were obviously fishing for a headline and he wasn't going to give them one. To me he did a lovely job of straight batting it. Didn't think he was advertently or inadvertently having a crack at anyone.

To me, Lyon has done what all coaches should be doing and that is implementing a high performance environment. It's an improvement on what we had but nothing to be over the moon about. Elite standards in elite sport is an expectation for me. It kind of irks me a bit that we happy-clap people at our footy club who do what they are paid for. Dunno what the heck we're in it for if we're not acting as an elite club in an elite sport.

I didn't see it that way, listening to the full thing it didn't seem to me like he was comparing them. He prefaced what he said about Lyon with all coaches will have different ways of doing things, the purpose of him prefacing it with this was to not give off the impression that his answer was meant to be comparing them, as they were obviously fishing for a headline and he wasn't going to give them one. To me he did a lovely job of straight batting it. Didn't think he was advertently or inadvertently having a crack at anyone.

To me, Lyon has done what all coaches should be doing and that is implementing a high performance environment. It's an improvement on what we had but nothing to be over the moon about. Elite standards in elite sport is an expectation for me. It kind of irks me a bit that we happy-clap people at our footy club who do what they are paid for. Dunno what the heck we're in it for if we're not acting as an elite club in an elite sport.
We are happy Clappy because they weren’t doing it.

Hence why Ratten got sacked.

I said it 2 years earlier that pre season was an utter joke. I shared PMs with Stewart66 (god rest his soul) throughout that season about the weird shit going on at training. How it appeared amateur.

You don’t get sacked a few months after a new deal if there isn’t some serious shit coming out in a review about how poor the place is going under your watch and then get replaced by the absolute standard setter about getting the most out of players as coach.

On SEN today they mentioned that they thought Dow might stay at Carlton but that Zac Fisher wants out. I'd prefer him any day of the week. Contracted though so would be a trade.

100%

watched zac over here before getting drafted. his disposal is very very good. he was getting good numbers in the seniors at wafl level. carlton have tried to turn him into a defencive fwd. he's an out and out winger.

i'd take both tbh. dow and fisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back