2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes a difference George when we have majority of boys on afl list. Believe me when we have more injuries and so many top ups that are not up to sanfl standard we look like a team of flogs.

Need min of 15 afl players. After that you are screwed
Agreed, but if any team with a bunch of injuries generally struggles. The previous 2-3 years we had little injuries, finished near the top and yet our development has still sucked. Blaming being in the SANFL is such a cop out.

And if we are allowed to bring in better back up players, we have little injuries, then how is it fair on the other SANFL teams come finals time?

Agreed, but if any team with a bunch of injuries generally struggles. The previous 2-3 years we had little injuries, finished near the top and yet our development has still sucked. Blaming being in the SANFL is such a cop out.

And if we are allowed to bring in better back up players, we have little injuries, then how is it fair on the other SANFL teams come finals time?
I don't think that the top up players are the major problem. The problem is the umpiring. It is appalling. Crows players are apprehensive about touching the opposition, as it could end up in a free kick against them. Yet, it does not work in the opposite way. It must be so frustrating for them, as the SANFL captain found out a few weeks ago when he got reported. So the best development for our young players now is to be in the AFL side rather than the SANFL side. The SANFL, as it is now, is not the ideal place for our development.

Saw the 2nd half on 7 plus.
Thought TT looked pretty good for a first game back.
Curtin showed some polish in tight.
Ryan some classy moments and looked to be able to create some space and time.
Burgess, Strauchan and to a lesser extent Gollant showed they are very good SANFL players, even though they struggle in AFL.

Didn’t watch yesterday but have seen a few games this year, do you think that Ryan is ready?? Just seems like he could replace the smith role in the future

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Didn’t watch yesterday but have seen a few games this year, do you think that Ryan is ready?? Just seems like he could replace the smith role in the future

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I haven’t seen enough seconds to make a call.
But what he showed yesterday, he is a nice size, seems to have pretty good pace and skills, and made good decisions.
So, on that small sample I think he is worth a look in the A’s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven’t seen enough seconds to make a call.
But what he showed yesterday, he is a nice size, seems to have pretty good pace and skills, and made good decisions.
So, on that small sample I think he is worth a look in the A’s
Who would you have out injured for him though??

Watched most of the game, Curtin is a really hard player to gauge where he is at. He is clearly a very skillful and classy player, he took a couple of one handed marks that he just made look super simple, but his effort and intensity just doesnt seem to be there, perhaps it is and he just makes it look effortless, but I have my doubts.

He is clearly wasted down back however, he needs the ball in his hands more and delivering the ball to our forwards.

Burgess took some impressive marks but you feel SANFL is his level now with Filthy returning, I would hope now that he walks straight back in next week at the expense of cymbal hands Himmelberg.

Burgess seems to me like a bloke who'd be better off going to a good club and being the cream on the cake, similar to 07-10 Podsiadly.

Can undoubtedly play the game, just never going to be timed right in a developing list like GC/AFC.

For people writing off Curtin in his 1st season, can you please highlight the other talls from his draft that are holding down best 22 spots across the league?

Maybe he is down on confidence, maybe that knee injury late in pre season has flared up again, or maybe he is a developing tall that will require patience? Whatever it is, the kid will be a jet, just give it more than 16 rounds in his first season before calling time on his career.

Watched most of the game, Curtin is a really hard player to gauge where he is at. He is clearly a very skillful and classy player, he took a couple of one handed marks that he just made look super simple, but his effort and intensity just doesnt seem to be there, perhaps it is and he just makes it look effortless, but I have my doubts.

He is clearly wasted down back however, he needs the ball in his hands more and delivering the ball to our forwards.

Burgess took some impressive marks but you feel SANFL is his level now with Filthy returning, I would hope now that he walks straight back in next week at the expense of cymbal hands Himmelberg.
Probably just his demeanour?

For people writing off Curtin in his 1st season, can you please highlight the other talls from his draft that are holding down best 22 spots across the league?

Maybe he is down on confidence, maybe that knee injury late in pre season has flared up again, or maybe he is a developing tall that will require patience? Whatever it is, the kid will be a jet, just give it more than 16 rounds in his first season before calling time on his career.
Not to you or anyone else in particular, but 1 of the things that struck me watching the SANFL game is that most of the young blokes seemed to be genuinely enjoying themselves this week

Winning occasionally probably helps - but they seemed to be happy throughout the game too

Curtin will be fine. I think he's probably just 1 of those kind laconic players to watch

Burgess seems to me like a bloke who'd be better off going to a good club and being the cream on the cake, similar to 07-10 Podsiadly.

Can undoubtedly play the game, just never going to be timed right in a developing list like GC/AFC.
Reckon it was jeffcrowe that said Burgess was more than happy to come home and just play seconds.
Seems like he doesn't have much drive to do better for himself.

Reckon it was jeffcrowe that said Burgess was more than happy to come home and just play seconds.
Seems like he doesn't have much drive to do better for himself.
Think he is one of those players who can dominate the sanfl but not step up to the AFL as he isn't quick enough physically or mentally.

Good points. For some balance(btw, hardly anyone on here is doubting him), only Will Graham was in the Gold Coast line-up last weekend. Jed Walter, Ethan Read & Jake Rogers all back in the VFL. Aaron Cadman still not holding down a regular spot for the Giants. Like Curtin he'll have a good AFL career, but they all develop at a different pace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back