2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that was a hard watch.

Only two players who can be proud of their efforts today Taylor and Ryan

Taylor played to losing rucks and had to earn every kick. He has a football brain the anti-Ned and uses the ball to advantage by foot or hand. Play him now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan makes some rookie mistakes but he gave his best and tries hard to create with his run

How bad were ROB and Ned. For experienced hands they were a real disappointment and showed that their dropping was well deserved. Thank god ROB didn’t play as I suggested. He was shit house it’s obvious both have checked out.

Coaches need a huge clean out too if that is the best they can bring to the table. No changes to personnel during game. Surely we could try gollant in back half or baby John Burgess. We were getting killed in defence with their talls but no changes made.

Curtin was only fair so let’s put him on the ball. Why wait till the last 5 minutes to do that. Jesus F Christ. On Curtin he must hit the ball with much greater intensity. He is soft in his attack atm mcasey like

Gallagher stil not looking any better than div 5 footballer.

Edwards also needs to work on his hardness at the aggat and his fitness

The reserves are playing on memory atm. This was one of their worst displays. Really disappointing effort
I thought Pedlar was pretty good, no point wasting him at this level

I thought Pedlar was pretty good, no point wasting him at this level
52.6% disposal efficiency, luckily they don't publish the kicking efficiency, little or no composure again.

And you do realise only 5 of his possessions were contested?

Curtin was only fair so let’s put him on the ball. Why wait till the last 5 minutes to do that. Jesus F Christ. On Curtin he must hit the ball with much greater intensity. He is soft in his attack atm mcasey like
This is my concern as well. Terrific skills and moves well for his size, definitely needs to go in harder. Time on his side obviously but yeah, something to work on.

52.6% disposal efficiency, luckily they don't publish the kicking efficiency, little or no composure again.

And you do realise only 5 of his possessions were contested?
I was really sad to see how Pedlar played. All his promise of a couple of years ago isn't there right now.

I think a lot of that is player development and poor coaching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that was a hard watch.

Only two players who can be proud of their efforts today Taylor and Ryan

Taylor played to losing rucks and had to earn every kick. He has a football brain the anti-Ned and uses the ball to advantage by foot or hand. Play him now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan makes some rookie mistakes but he gave his best and tries hard to create with his run

How bad were ROB and Ned. For experienced hands they were a real disappointment and showed that their dropping was well deserved. Thank god ROB didn’t play as I suggested. He was shit house it’s obvious both have checked out.

Coaches need a huge clean out too if that is the best they can bring to the table. No changes to personnel during game. Surely we could try gollant in back half or baby John Burgess. We were getting killed in defence with their talls but no changes made.

Gallagher stil not looking any better than div 5 footballer.

Edwards also needs to work on his hardness at the aggat and his fitness

The reserves are playing on memory atm. This was one of their worst displays. Really disappointing effort
Careful what you say about Gallagher mate it doesn't go down too well around here.

Ryan I thought was very good but I'm getting the feel the players are really getting pissed off with the umpiring the further the season goes on. There was a blatant around the neck on Pedlar in the forward pocket that would have been a certain score if payed yet the bald headed maggot payed it to the WWT player htb, you could see Pedlar was really pissed but unlike Magden last week he bit his tongue,,,probably the most composure he showed all day.

Careful what you say about Gallagher mate it doesn't go down too well around here.

Ryan I thought was very good but I'm getting the feel the players are really getting pissed off with the umpiring the further the season goes on. There was a blatant around the neck on Pedlar in the forward pocket that would have been a certain score if payed yet the bald headed maggot payed it to the WWT player htb, you could see Pedlar was really pissed but unlike Magden last week he bit his tongue,,,probably the most composure he showed all day.
Credit to Madgen for calling it out last week with the biased umpiring
I'm fully on board with that type of leadership, normally the umpires deserve to be called out on that shit
If it was a youngster, they would call it immature, but being an experienced captain, it had some gravity.

Credit to Madgen for calling it out last week with the biased umpiring
I'm fully on board with that type of leadership, normally the umpires deserve to be called out on that shit
If it was a youngster, they would call it immature, but being an experienced captain, it had some gravity.
Agree

Madgen has nothing to lose. Make a stand for the kids that can't afford to take that suspension.

The best thing he's done this year.

Does anyone know how much training the top ups do with the main squad?

I only saw the second half, but commentary was quite specific about lack of movement forward of the ball, lack of options.

It ain't surprising if there's only 8 bloke's train together.

Does anyone know how much training the top ups do with the main squad?

I only saw the second half, but commentary was quite specific about lack of movement forward of the ball, lack of options.

It ain't surprising if there's only 8 bloke's train together.
I think I read on here that they train one night a week, separate from the actual squad.

That's just objectively not true. He's playing an outside role but very clearly goes in when it's his turn.
That’s good to hear. I’ve only seen him play today and the two AFL games he’s played. Then just highlights. I’d just love them to say “see ball get ball” to him and let him play on instinct around the ball to see if he’s got that aggression and give him confidence to be what we hope he can be.

The whole point of Reserves is to get the 3 or 4 potential A graders confidence and playing him in an outside role or down back is a bit of a waste imo. There’s some good solid hard at it mids in the SANFL and he should be right up to his eyeballs matching it against them where he’ll need to play with intensity if he survives, which will translate to any position he plays in the AFL.

If he’s not good enough then we’ve wasted another high end pick. Surely we didn’t pick him as a key defender.

yep were getting flogged in the midfield but Hugh Bond drafted as a mid and Daniel Curtin getting sunburn on the roof of their mouth watching the ball sail over their head deep defence!! Bond should have gone straight to Adam DÁlioa as soon as he started to dominate clearances.

And yet you back in our coaches at every opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back