Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread (Wed Nov 20 to Fri Nov 22)

Which realistically available player SHOULD we pick at #4?

• Sid Draper

• Jagga Smith

• Harvey Langford

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The more I read about this draft, the more upset i am we only have one single pick in the top 60.....

Our second rounder for ANB I can understand especially since we got Peatling for unders.

What I don’t get is trading our third round pick for a F3 with nothing extra on top. Made no sense at the time and even less sense now.

Unless we’re looking at trading F1 and F3 for a pick late first/early 2nd this year and a F2? But with no list spots I don’t see it.

Our second rounder for ANB I can understand especially since we got Peatling for unders.

What I don’t get is trading our third round pick for a F3 with nothing extra on top. Made no sense at the time and even less sense now.

Unless we’re looking at trading F1 and F3 for a pick late first/early 2nd this year and a F2? But with no list spots I don’t see it.
I suspect it's because we initiated the trade - given our lack of list spots, was only going to get used for Welsh and we almost certainly don't need a pick in the 40s for that. Interesting one though given that Dees and Crows probably have the widest range of potential finishing spots next year of any club, pick could be anything from mid 40s to high 50s. At that point of the draft though, not really worth getting too worked up about.

I do like how Melbourne are always keen to offload future picks to strengthen their draft hand, never seems to affect them much as the following year they have another year's worth of picks to play with. Like they're always playing with house money. Expect them to go huge next year with 2 years to play with and Tassie getting bigger on the horizon.

The reason we traded out of this draft is because we don't have any list spots. That's what I am annoyed about, we should have managed the list better to give ourselves another selection in this draft.

Last edited:
The reason we traded out of this draft is because we don't have any list spots. That's what I am annoyed about, we should have managed the lost better to give ourselves another selection in this draft.
Especially given that with the changes to the bidding system next year, and the depth of the draft this year, it was a great opportunity to bring in some more players who can fill some of the holes in our list.

The reason we traded out of this draft is because we don't have any list spots. That's what I am annoyed about, we should have managed the lost better to give ourselves another selection in this draft.
Smith should not be on the list, simple.

Reading Clurey’s comments, Ken told him he wouldn’t be playing, Clurey didn’t want to be stuck in the 2s so they negotiated a payout.

What did our moron coach do? Plays him to a trigger, drops him, says he’s a big part of our future, plays him again, drops him never to be seen again and then we recruit a player to play his position.

So what Man conversations have we had with Smith about next year?

It’s criminal we have one pick in this draft.

I think richmond will take lalor trade for pick 2 take FOS ,carlton take draper at 3 and we take jagga at 4

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
That proposed North trade where they give up 2 and a future first for 6 & 11 can’t be right, if it is it makes no sense. Pick 2 and a top 4 pick for worse picks? That trade shouldn’t include next years first to be fair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread (Wed Nov 20 to Fri Nov 22)

Back