Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance he might slide to a rookie pick Jeff in your opinion?
Yes , Possible . 50% chance I reckon… 4,28,42 should be safe . If can pick the right players will pick 3 very good ones including 42

That McAdam trade looking pretty good TBH …. Hopefully Pick 28 can produce a 8-10 year player for us

Gotta celebrate the small wins

Last edited:
Yes , Possible . 50% chance I reckon… 4,28,42 should be safe . If can pick the right players will pick 3 very good ones including 42

That McAdam trade looking pretty good TBH …. Hopefully Pick 28 can produce a 8-10 year player for us

Gotta celebrate the small wins
Would be looking at bundling that 28 up with a future second rounder to get into that top 20 if we can
get in reach for Dodson

Would be looking at bundling that 28 up with a future second rounder to get into that top 20 if we can
get in reach for Dodson
Yep that’s definitely one good option ! Be all for it

Quality Ruck or quality front half player with speed / X factor

Don’t get many opportunities to select a potential A grade ruck from your own backyard

Was expected amongst the Basketball fraternity that Alex Dodson would be offered a Development player position with the 36ers, which would sway him towards Basketball. But didnt get one is my understanding, so that may be a positive for Football??
Correct.
36ers announced the 3 development players for their roster yesterday. Dodson wasn't named

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1185018

As I mentioned Welsh on nose with recruiters , didn’t get a national combine invite . There are guys that didn’t make the 65 that I think can be very good players especially Zak Johnson , Ivisic etc
Tyler has tested super in the preseason testings the last 2 years so he's pretty much a known product in that regard and they know Adelaide is almost guaranteed to take him unless a ridiculous bid was to come in and clubs aren't that stupid that they use a valuable pick on a player they really don't rate..

Tyler has tested super in the preseason testings the last 2 years so he's pretty much a known product in that regard and they know Adelaide is almost guaranteed to take him unless a ridiculous bid was to come in and clubs aren't that stupid that they use a valuable pick on a player they really don't rate..
True but on that theory you wouldn’t expect the camporeale’s to both be nominated

Actually surprised Lucas is national combine in front of a few that missed

I’d take Welsh before either campo

True but on that theory you wouldn’t expect the camporeale’s to both be nominated

Actually surprised Lucas is national combine in front of a few that missed

I’d take Welsh before either campo
Not surprised the recruiters rate SA athletic high leaping KPF Charlie West who I've had as one of the better SA prospects for the last 2 years despite no fanfare from the usual draft pundits and seemingly not rated by Bamford and Phillips given the limited exposure they afforded him.

Sandy Dragons only done us by one Sandy Dragons 7 invitees, GWV Rebels invitees...and really Fin O'Sullivan (Koroit"is in our zone but schooling in Mwelbourne so playing for the Chargers.

Not surprised the recruiters rate SA athletic high leaping KPF Charlie West who I've had as one of the better SA prospects for the last 2 years despite no fanfare from the usual draft pundits and seemingly not rated by Bamford and Phillips given the limited exposure they afforded him.

Sandy Dragons only done us by one Sandy Dragons 7 invitees, GWV Rebels invitees...and really Fin O'Sullivan (Koroit"is in our zone but schooling in Mwelbourne so playing for the Chargers.
V good year for country , prob came on more than expected from U16s to 18s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was Dodson, I would go and play College basketball for 3-4 years.
Earn a degree, play basketball, have a great time ;)

Then come back to play football. By then he is a Cat B player and can name his club. He'd still be 23-ish years old and no doubt there would be plenty of recruiters still keen.

Correct.
36ers announced the 3 development players for their roster yesterday. Dodson wasn't named
I'm sad for the lad but its good news for AFL

Unless he decides the US Scholarship system is the way to go

Cody Curtin looking good for 2025? Plenty of similarities to Daniel. Click on the pic for the live highlights.

He’s more hard arsed competitive than Daniel but lacks a yard of pace which will hold him back a little I reckon , more a natural key position type than Dan

Will be one to follow , be interesting to see

Imagine a ruckman for us that can tap TO one of our players if we draft him...I get nostalgic as its been quite a while
Funnily enough his tapwork is still a work on, it's his follow up and athleticism that sets him aside from a lot of ruckmen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back