Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Funnily enough his tapwork is still a work on, it's his follow up and athleticism that sets him aside from a lot of ruckmen.
I know they were just highlights but gee, if his tapwork needs work and he just about nailed every tap in that clip and there were a number of them, i am sold..if we could get draper..hopefully with our 1st, i can see a young brodie grundy in Dodson. Trade up or other picks if we can to get him

I know they were just highlights but gee, if his tapwork needs work and he just about nailed every tap in that clip and there were a number of them, i am sold..if we could get draper..hopefully with our 1st, i can see a young brodie grundy in Dodson. Trade up or other picks if we can to get him
Just remember the WWT ruck's there Tom Luck and Oskar Pearce are undersized rucks by AFL standards.

Just remember the WWT ruck's there Tom Luck and Oskar Pearce are undersized rucks by AFL standards.
Only Tom Lucks second game back after lengthy hamstring injury too, he’d be well unfit, Dodson positioning a lot better this game getting back and taking marks. Someone’s been working with him well and good follow up work at stoppage.

Charlie Edwards is 191 cms and developing very nicely. Played well yesterday.I'm not worried by Draper, Reid etc. lack of height in the draft. Clean hands and burst speed is more important IMO.
Curtin 197, Dawson 191, Edwards 191, Dowling 187. We have plenty of height in our young mids.
Double down on this. Agility and pace is more important than size for us in the midfield with Dawson, Curtin, Edwards, Dowling, and Nankervis. Out of that lot, Edwards and Nank are the only ones with express pace.

In our current midfield, rankine is the only one with it. Draper looks like perfect pick at 4.

Hopefully, it takes lairds midfield rotations, and laird is moving to hb to replace smith.

The agility is important, looking at Jones he fast but only in a straight line. Think I count on 1 hand the times he's side step someone.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d presume at least one would be available

Not even entirely sure FOS and Smillie go top 5 without a strong finish to season

I think Trainor would be a chance did North Melbourne too
I'd presume Jagga Smith at 1 to Richmond, Draper at 2 to WCE and Trainor at 3 to North?

Then I guess we choose between FOS, Lalor, maybe Langford?

Some pretty poor ruck craft there. You can't just hit the ball to your teammates. Such an immature approach.

Doesn't he know that the best rucks like to spin around and hit it whatever direction they are facing?
Or signal with two fists up and then drop the ball at your feet. Over and over again so your opposition know exactly what you are doing?

It just shows how raw the poor lad is.
The good news is he's pretty coachable from all accounts, so we will be able to teach him our way.

I'd presume Jagga Smith at 1 to Richmond, Draper at 2 to WCE and Trainor at 3 to North?

That would be my prediction but it could also yield 0 out of 3 … too early to judge as it’s so even this year

I’d have Travaglia up there as well , interesting to see how he goes in VFL this week

The clubs plan to get Godden to coach all the talent out of him so he drops in rankings is working a treat 👌
Where does all the hate come from for Godden? Other absolute duds like Mark Williams and Craig McRae also on the previous winners list.

Development Coach of the Year

The Development Coach of the Year has been reintroduced in 2022 for the first time since 2013. It is awarded based on input from both players and coaches, on a 50-50 basis. Coaches are asked to rate development coaches at their club, based on their overall performance this year, allocating each a score out of 10 (10 being the highest) and then obtaining an average. This is matched by an average score out of 10 from their playing group to determine an overall score.

WINNERS
2023 Michael Godden (ADELAIDE CROWS)
2023 Mark Williams (MELBOURNE)
2022 Michael Godden (ADELAIDE)
2013 Chris Maple (WESTERN BULLDOGS)
2012 Craig McRae (COLLINGWOOD)

Unfortunately I think Weagles will probably swoop on Draper also. IIRC they haven’t lost too many SA recruits to the go home factor over the years with Perth and Adelaide probably the 2 most similar cities out of our Big 5 capitals

Where does all the hate come from for Godden? Other absolute duds like Mark Williams and Craig McRae also on the previous winners list.

The Development Coach of the Year has been reintroduced in 2022 for the first time since 2013. It is awarded based on input from both players and coaches, on a 50-50 basis. Coaches are asked to rate development coaches at their club, based on their overall performance this year, allocating each a score out of 10 (10 being the highest) and then obtaining an average. This is matched by an average score out of 10 from their playing group to determine an overall score.

WINNERS
Our players and coaches voting for the coaches doesn't really add value to this.

WINNERS
Its a participation medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back