Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy Reid and Levi Ashcroft getting plenty of it for the Dragons who are well on top of the Cannons 12 .8 to 5.5 close to the end of the 3rd quarter...Jayden Nguyen outstanding for the Cannons with his lightning speed.
Do you see any risks with any of the players we have been touted to take at pick 4? as in you would be concerned based on what you have seen.

Do you see any risks with any of the players we have been touted to take at pick 4? as in you would be concerned based on what you have seen.
My preference at this point.

1. Sam Lalor
2. Finn O'Sullivan
3. Sid Draper

Dragons talent laden team far too good for the Cannons
Ashcroft 39 disposals (bit of stat padding with the 1/2 but still outstanding) Murphy Reid plenty of it and 3 goals, Sam Marshall very good too. Jayden Nguyen best by a mile for the Cannons but needs to steady a bit before kicking with his lightning speed.Ashcroft and Marshall another 2 1st rounders to Brisbane that nobody else gets a crack at.

Dragons 17.14
Cannons 8.8

My preference at this point.

1. Sam Lalor
2. Finn O'Sullivan
3. Sid Draper
I have a fear that draper is a serious groin injury away from being matt crouch.

I only seen footage but i would actually put jagga at 3 instead of draper but I like that you got Lalor at 1.

Lack lustre game between the Chargers and Knights, Jagga Smith getting plenty of it as usual but not damaging, Tom Gross playing a mix of Forward/Mid with a cuppla snags, Noah Yze probably the Chargers best to this point. For the Knights Jesse Dattoli doing well and KPF Thomas Sims playing a fair bit of ruck, though undersized as a ruck he certainly has the hops. O'Sullivan not done much of note yet.

Half time

Chargers 6.7
Knights 4.4

Last edited:
I have a fear that draper is a serious groin injury away from being matt crouch.

I only seen footage but i would actually put jagga at 3 instead of draper but I like that you got Lalor at 1.
Based on what exactly?

Bizarre comment....seriously nothing about Draper screams Matt Crouch. Matt's very good at what he does but Draper you have to taking the piss.

Draper has the potential to be a fair bit more damaging than Smith IMO.

Dragons talent laden team far too good for the Cannons
Ashcroft 39 disposals (bit of stat padding with the 1/2 but still outstanding) Murphy Reid plenty of it and 3 goals, Sam Marshall very good too. Jayden Nguyen best by a mile for the Cannons but needs to steady a bit before kicking with his lightning speed.Ashcroft and Marshall another 2 1st rounders to Brisbane that nobody else gets a crack at.

Dragons 17.14
Cannons 8.8
What position did Marshall play ?

Lack lustre game between the Chargers and Knights, Jagga Smith getting plenty of it as usual but not damaging, Tom Gross playing a mix of Forward/Mid with a cuppla snags, Noah Yze probably the Chargers best to this point. For the Knights Jesse Dattoli doing well and KPF Thomas Sims playing a fair bit of ruck, though undersized as a ruck he certainly has the hops. O'Sullivan not done much of note yet.

Half time

Chargers 6.7
Knights 4.4
Bit harsh on Jagga !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure it’s an upset ! Your boys are very strong with all the college kids back although Lalor out is a big loss
Penry (Geelong Grammar) is the only College lad that played yesterday that hasn't been available though?

Falcons funished top of the minor round Rebels 11th, played each other 3 times before yesterday resulting on average wins to the Falcons by 35 points.

Final score

Chargers 9.16
Knights 10.8

So we have preliminary Finals for the city lads between the Sandringham Dragons and the Oakleigh Chargers.

The country lads for the Dandenong Stingrays and the GWV Rebels will face off in the other Preliminary Final.

Winners to face off in the Grand Final.

Final score

Chargers 9.16
Knights 10.8

So we have preliminary Finals for the city lads between the Sandringham Dragons and the Oakleigh Chargers.

The country lads for the Dandenong Stingrays and the GWV Rebels will face off in the other Preliminary Final.

Winners to face off in the Grand Final.
The best 4 teams when full strength I reckon which is good

Plenty of afl prospects in all of them

Penry (Geelong Grammar) is the only College lad that played yesterday that hasn't been available though?

Falcons funished top of the minor round Rebels 11th, played each other 3 times before yesterday resulting on average wins to the Falcons by 35 points.
Availability in those games ?

I guess the rebels were missing Lalor this weekend which was massive

Availability in those games ?

I guess the rebels were missing Lalor this weekend which was massive
I don't know about you but I'm starting to have some concerns with FO'S, I know he's had hand/finger injuries but unless they're still hindering him he just doesn't seem to be getting involved enough in general play, hand/finger wouldn't have stopped him running too much whilst injured so it can't be a fitness thing.

Based on what exactly?

Bizarre comment....seriously nothing about Draper screams Matt Crouch. Matt's very good at what he does but Draper you have to taking the piss.

Draper has the potential to be a fair bit more damaging than Smith IMO.

I don't know about you but I'm starting to have some concerns with FO'S, I know he's had hand/finger injuries but unless they're still hindering him he just doesn't seem to be getting involved enough in general play, hand/finger wouldn't have stopped him running too much whilst injured so it can't be a fitness thing.
This is what I was getting at earlier (not re draper) but re concerns with any others we might look at. This definitely sounds like one potential issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back