Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 16: St Kilda Saints v Port Adelaide Power, Marvel Stadium, Sunday June 30th 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think we’re going to struggle in this game simply because we just can’t go with Butters, Rozee and especially Horne-Francis. They’ll run rings around us. The one positive is that at least when they break away they don’t have Dixon to kick it to. He terrorizes us.

Cordy out to me says Caminiti will be playing back and Campbell will be in. Hopefully we go with a smaller forward line again.

Good to see Arie stay in.

Obviously won't have a clear image of what the team looks like until tomorrow. From the extended bench - Jones has to go. Wilson definitely stays in, Dow and Webster both play if fit. Byrnes hasn't done anything at Sandy to warrant selection. Caminiti trained with the defenders all week, so you'd assume one of Campbell or Sharman play forward. Seb stays in as sub?

Byrnes has been playing on a wing and Batchelor seems to praise him most weeks. Must be playing a role because his numbers look average.

Byrnes has been playing on a wing and Batchelor seems to praise him most weeks. Must be playing a role because his numbers look average.
Bachelor tends to compliment his running patterns but that seems like the compliment you make when you feel you have to talk positively and the player did nothing in the game.

Reckon Webster comes in to play on Rioli. Enjoyed big TC's game last round but can't see him playing this week.
Just a heads up, Rioli only a 30% odd chance to play, he's been listed as 'in' for the last few games but pulled out still injured - the club isn't acknowledging the true extent of his injury.

Seems a weird vibe this game, with large chunks of both supporter base happy with a loss.

Based on this a draw would equally upset both groups, so therefore a likely outcome.

For me personally I want to see us play with dare the whole game, but make an effort to deliver the ball to a leading target inside 50.

Also hopefully big games and continued development of our kids.

And hopefully a first goal from Ari from the Center square.

When we played Port at Marvel last time, we lost the game in one quarter - the second, when Port kicked 4.3 and we managed just 0.4. We had scooted out to a big lead at quarter time, and we matched Port after half time, but the damage was done in a very short window of time.

Does anyone remember that game, April 28th, 2023?

What happened there?

Here are the stats, in which we win almost every parameter.

But what happened?

Bachelor tends to compliment his running patterns but that seems like the compliment you make when you feel you have to talk positively and the player did nothing in the game.
Not wrong , Comments like it wasn't Matt's best game , when he should have said it was a pathetic performance and the same for Ryan , he has done nothing to warrant getting a game

Not wrong , Comments like it wasn't Matt's best game , when he should have said it was a pathetic performance and the same for Ryan , he has done nothing to warrant getting a game

Have any coach associated with any AFL team describe a performance from one of their players as "pathetic" and see what happens. It's 2024 not 1974.

Have any coach associated with any AFL team describe a performance from one of their players as "pathetic" and see what happens. It's 2024 not 1974.
I agree pathetic was over the top but you know what I was saying , everyone gets a a participation medal theses days,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crikey the media couldnt have put any more pressure on Port and Hinkley before this game....Port will want to answer the critics, but gees it would be nice to beat these bastards on our home deck.

They have never respected our club and its high time they learnt too!

We have beaten Port Adelaide seven times in the 21st Century

2000: 16th beat 15th
2006: Motlop misses a shot after the siren to win it for Port Adelaide in our last home game in Launceston
2008: Finally run over the top of them in the last quarter, Ball does his hammy and misses rest of season
2009: Flogging in Adelaide
2010: Flogging in Melbourne
2011: Flogging in Adelaide (in front of no fans)
2020: We kick 12 goals and 1 behind

I was refering to draftfguru and zero hanger, the afl article on it didnt pop up on immediate google search for me. Both those sites have us with GWS's pick for some reason. They may not have been updated for live pick trades.
More likely they just assumed it was GWS own pick. Just lazy journalism on their part.

Seems a weird vibe this game, with large chunks of both supporter base happy with a loss.

Based on this a draw would equally upset both groups, so therefore a likely outcome.

For me personally I want to see us play with dare the whole game, but make an effort to deliver the ball to a leading target inside 50.

Also hopefully big games and continued development of our kids.

And hopefully a first goal from Ari from the Center square.

I definitely want to see this too, but comparing recent Collingwood and Carlton games to the Saints/Gold Coast game (where I was sitting on the third level), I actually thought we were guilty of holding the ball up too often on the break while we looked for a target. When no one is free, the best sides are willing to kick it to grass and have their forwards go to work.

We have beaten Port Adelaide seven times in the 21st Century

2000: 16th beat 15th
2006: Motlop misses a shot after the siren to win it for Port Adelaide in our last home game in Launceston
2008: Finally run over the top of them in the last quarter, Ball does his hammy and misses rest of season
2009: Flogging in Adelaide
2010: Flogging in Melbourne
2011: Flogging in Adelaide (in front of no fans)
2020: We kick 12 goals and 1 behind

We were no shit ludicrously accurate in 2020. Weird season but god damn it was nice kicking straight for once.

Think we got like 16.4 against the tigers as well

We were no shit ludicrously accurate in 2020. Weird season but god damn it was nice kicking straight for once.

Think we got like 16.4 against the tigers as well

The old kick it to King and if it spilled Butler was out the back for a Joe the goose. Membrey patrolling around as a roaming high half forward. Lonie as the little pressure forward. Shame it got worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back