Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 17: St Kilda saints v Sydney Swans, Sunday 7th of July 3:20pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty limited options for height in the forward line with Caminiti and King down. Thought they'd probably drop TC this week, Grundy will torch him around the ground, but they may have to rethink. Not sure we really want Moose making his debut against Grundy either. Will they start Dougal straight back in the seniors or give him a game in the VFL first? Sounds like it'll be our old mate Cordy with Sharman.

Christ , This Allison talk is making me throw up , have any of you actually been watching him at Sandy , i doubt it.
If we had a third tier he would have been dropped back to it on some of his performances this year

Pretty limited options for height in the forward line with Caminiti and King down. Thought they'd probably drop TC this week, Grundy will torch him around the ground, but they may have to rethink. Not sure we really want Moose making his debut against Grundy either. Will they start Dougal straight back in the seniors or give him a game in the VFL first? Sounds like it'll be our old mate Cordy with Sharman.

Moose throwing knees into Grundy sounds all right to me. Tell him to punish him physically at every opportunity.

I was going to post this question before the injury news broke but it seems even more pertinent now. Purely hypothetical of course.

Max has always been considered the better of the two twins. If you had the chance now would you swap Max for Ben?

I was going to post this question before the injury news broke but it seems even more pertinent now. Purely hypothetical of course.

Max has always been considered the better of the two twins. If you had the chance now would you swap Max for Ben?

The King twin is irrelevant. If we had drafted Ben he would have Max's career.

As I have said, Max plays like the weight of the world is on his shoulders. Ben has never played an important game in his entire career.

The King twin is irrelevant. If we had drafted Ben he would have Max's career.

As I have said, Max plays like the weight of the world is on his shoulders. Ben has never played an important game in his entire career.
The question wasn't should we have drafted Ben but would you do the hypothetical swap now? Especially given I think we all reckon Max is the more talented. I suppose it leads to does Ben have the same attitude issues as his brother from what we've seen.

Has Pou earned a recall? Yes.

Has Heath earned a chance? Close.

Has Keeler earned a chance? IMO less so than Heath.

All things being equal, play the kid. But don't gift them games without deserving it.
Hayes is the forgotten boy again. Would've been a good time to have him available and play a decent block of games.

What is your preference?

a) pick the best possible team, pragmatic tactics, endure a dour struggle, lose by a few goals?
b) pick the kids, adventurous game plan, get an absolute shall a shellacking, lose by 120 pts?

..and what good will it do the team anyway, now and later?

My team above was to pick the team which we could most afford to have psychologically damaged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Pou earned a recall? Yes.

Has Heath earned a chance? Close.

Has Keeler earned a chance? IMO less so than Heath.

Lets look at the roles required.

If they want to make a midfield change, then yes Pou can come in. Or if they want to rotate him instead of Owen.

Heath. If they want to play Marshall forward more. However Grundie is at the top of his game and Swans mids are rampaging, so that could get real ugly real quick. Suspect Marshall will be needed to float back against the three big Swan forwards as well.

Keeler if they want more of a genuinely mobile marking target. Play Shaman at FF and Keeler in the "Third tall "to HF role.

Cordy, if you are only want to loss by a bit less and are ok to just waste a development opportunity on a young player over someone who has no future in our future.

Lets look at the roles required.

If they want to make a midfield change, then yes Pou can come in. Or if they want to rotate him instead of Owen.

Heath. If they want to play Marshall forward more. However Grundie is at the top of his game and Swans mids are rampaging, so that could get real ugly real quick. Suspect Marshall will be needed to float back against the three big Swan forwards as well.

Keeler if they want more of a genuinely mobile marking target. Play Shaman at FF and Keeler in the "Third tall "to HF role.

Cordy, if you are only want to loss by a bit less and are ok to just waste a development opportunity on a young player over someone who has no future in our future.

Getting smacked by the best team is NOT a development opportunity IMO.

Hayes is the forgotten boy again. Would've been a good time to have him available and play a decent block of games.
Never available. His body clearly can’t handle AFL.

The question wasn't should we have drafted Ben but would you do the hypothetical swap now? Especially given I think we all reckon Max is the more talented. I suppose it leads to does Ben have the same attitude issues as his brother from what we've seen.

Nah, I think it's us not him. Most other forward are going shit too.

I still have my doubts that Keeler has actually earnt his place in the side. However with King and Caminiti down, might be a good shout. I wouldn't of thought we can just roll out with Membrey and Sharman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back