Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 17: St Kilda saints v Sydney Swans, Sunday 7th of July 3:20pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm up for an Allison debut just to see the CaptainRisky melt.

Best we bring in Byrnes too if we want to finish the old codger off

u35BXax.gif

I'd love to see the following forwardline this week:

Wilson Owens Butler
Higgins Sharman Keeler

Obviously Membrey is in the wings and will probably come in as the experienced head in there. I'd love to see Keels get a run as a ruck/fwd rotating with Roma.

The second, probably more obvious option is Mattaes, which would work if we were finally ready to bring him back.

Finally, we could just stick with TC, rotate him as more of a ruck with Roma playing mainly forward.

I am really enjoying watching Heath's improvement, he's not ready but Keels isn't either so why not explore the option?

Wilson Owens Butler
Higgins Sharman Keeler

Obviously Membrey is in the wings and will probably come in as the experienced head in there. I'd love to see Keels get a run as a ruck/fwd rotating with Roma.

The second, probably more obvious option is Mattaes, which would work if we were finally ready to bring him back.

Finally, we could just stick with TC, rotate him as more of a ruck with Roma playing mainly forward.

I am really enjoying watching Heath's improvement, he's not ready but Keels isn't either so why not explore the option?

What could possibly go wrong with taking a green young ruck/forward and psychologically damage him with the kind of belting swans will give us.

What sort of confidence would it give a green young ruck/forward when he kicks 3 and leaps over Grundy at every opportunity when having a run in the ruck?

Can you get me some of those pills? I could really use them.

It's an AFL game not some traumatic ordeal. If Keeler or Heath deserve their spot, then play them regardless of the opposition.

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

Sharman wasn’t ready but was a revelation when he came in.

What is with you and your love for list cloggers, well one things for sure if we are tanking Byrnes will be in
I DON’T love list cloggers.

I DO love the thought of your head exploding 😁😁😁

Wilson Owens Butler
Higgins Sharman Keeler

Why choose Keeler over Heath for a position that Heath has been developing for 2 years in? If you're going to debut Keeler, it wouldn't be as a 2nd ruck where he'd get bodied by any mature AFL body. Heath at least has come up against these types in the VFL (Stanley, Naismith etc)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like we're going to get underwhelming changes this week. Sydney's backs aren't actually that big, but I can see RoMa having 50/50 forward-ruck to try and stretch Melican/McCartin

Sinclair/NWM will cop Jordon tag, Windhager will go to Warner, and I wouldn't be surprised if Ross brings Byrnes in to run with Gulden on the wing for the day. One of him or Seb will get brought back in if Dow doesn't get up.

B: Webster, Howard, Wilkie
HB: Sinclair, Battle, NWM
C: Wood, Windhager, Hill
HF: Henry, Membrey, Owens
F: Butler, Sharman, Higgins
R: Marshall, Steele, Clark
I/C: Phillipou, Bonner, Schoenmaker, Campbell, Byrnes/Ross

In: Phillipou, Howard, Byrnes/Ross
Out: King, Caminiti, Dow

Whatever the case, I'm expecting to see shades of this belter from 2002, the Daniel Wulf game.

Interesting comment that Crouch had an impressive performance on the weekend, particularly when he didn’t play in the team!
I keep telling people that he's just that good a player....!!!!!

And that's why we have missed him this season big time ....

:p :p

Matty Allison come on dowwwwnnnnnnnnn
Confucius once said(I think it was him....probably someone else)

"Don't hold breath"

You'll more likely turn purple.

Apologies to all those offended by the use of the word purple.

Wilson Owens Butler
Higgins Sharman Keeler

Wilson looked knackerd last week. He probably needs a rest, so bring back Hugo as a defensive forward. Keeler needs more time in the gym, partcularly if he is to do part time ruck. I see Moose in as primary ruck with Ro in FF rotating into ruck to give Moose a break. Battle goes forward when Ro is in Ruck. Howard comes in for Camaniti. Pou in for Dow. He can learn from the best mids going around. If Steele is carrying an injury then Zones comes in. Time for Wilkie to step up as captain anyway.

Bad news about King and Caminiti. Certainly makes the fwd selections difficult.

So many different options (none anywhere near great) that its almost impossible to guess what they may decide.

Of the rest - has Phillipou done enough get back in? Jones get another chance?

Garcia - not sure he is finding enough of the ball. High tackle count suggests 2nd to the ball so maybe he could play as a tagger.

I really hope they give Pou 2 more weeks in the VFL to absolutely destroy it. Windy went back and dominated for weeks, did him the world of good. Hopefully Keeler smashes it over the next few weeks and gets a look in as well.
Honestly, my only criticism of Lyon is the use of Windy as a tagger. Might not be a popular opinion at the moment, and I certainly hate the football department offering 6 year deals to players, but i'm not unhappy with where the club sits. Nail the draft with good mids and we'll be fine.

I really hope they give Pou 2 more weeks in the VFL to absolutely destroy it. Windy went back and dominated for weeks, did him the world of good. Hopefully Keeler smashes it over the next few weeks and gets a look in as well.
Honestly, my only criticism of Lyon is the use of Windy as a tagger. Might not be a popular opinion at the moment, and I certainly hate the football department offering 6 year deals to players, but i'm not unhappy with where the club sits. Nail the draft with good mids and we'll be fine.

I like taggers, and Windy can be good at it.
But if its not working in the first quarter, it won't work in the 2nd 3rd, 4th.

Also there is nothing wrong with Windy's actual footy playing, so its not like Clint Jones, where you really didn't want him kicking the thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back