Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 18: Adelaide v St.Kilda, Sat 13th of July 7:30pm AEST, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stocker was out with an abdominal strain & has played the last 3 games with Sandy (which has coincided with Ari getting games).

He spoke to members in one of the function rooms before the GC game.

Not on the outer at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A fair few players out of contract at the E.O.S, most would be nervous, especially the 1 year at a time ones like Stocker, no guarantees.

Unpopular opinion but Bonner and Jones makes sense whether you like it or not. Now to be clear, I’m not enamoured with these players but it’s hardly melt worthy.

Bonner needs to come in for Hill so we can keep our quota of runner/ball movers which we build our game around. He also has a lot of experience at AO, for whatever that’s worth.​

Jones probably a sub (or maybe Paton), not an inspiring choice but adequate to play the role and will bring speed on if/when he’s brought on. Whatever, Dow probably first choice but underdone/needs some vfl. Garcia is being developed - coaches call (can’t exactly complain about new youth being used when we are playing Arie, Mattaes & Wilson who are all 19 year olds).​

Anyway,

We might finally see the Phillipou legacy game in Adelaide this weekend. He’s always threatened to have a big one at home, and confidence would be high, especially when he’s lying up with Steele and Marshall (two AA calibre players) and RTB calls you an AA level player in the presser as a 19 year old midfielder whose just come back in.

View attachment 2045718

Keen as shit to see Arie continue to do his thing, he’s really on the precipice of cementing a spot it’s great to watch and I almost take it for granted now. Plus it’s the sorta ground he can just belt the leather down.

Wilson to keep on keeping on, reminds me of first year Nas. Room to develop, but you can tell he’s straight up top shelf quality, future of the club type player, with elite attributes, and good vibes about him.

Don’t care too much about the win/loss - keep it competitive as we have most of the year and show me the kids and I’ll have a fun time. Re: the draft order, this is a bit of a swing game, but whatever it’s a win win either way so enjoy the ride.
Yep Jones probably a sub. But if Hugo is being developed in the twos but travels as an emergency, then no game at all for him this weekend. I don't get the thinking of persisting with Jones. It's a selection that has a Richoesque flavour.

Overreaction on his behalf, they have those family rooms with the fold down tables they could have used.

21 years later what makes you feel better.

a) Yeah you were born in a hospital like everyone else , i took the week off to be there.
b) You were born at Adelaide oval, the Noise of the StKilda song, put your mum into labour, and i was standing next to you in my StKilda uniform.
Send him a quick message now via club? He still might be able to do that haha

Jonesy has actually been going alright in the vfl
Better than any that would take his spot.
Hugo was sublime for a quarter last week, he won't have to wait long.
Rtb can only reward those that have a chop and Jones is having a chop.
He can't say, listen mate, you're the obvious choice but we're gonna go with a first year player because he's got more upside and more years left than you.
IMO you play the list, it's up to Hugo and co to become better than the Joneses and Montys if they want a run.

Jonesy has actually been going alright in the vfl
Better than any that would take his spot.
Hugo was sublime for a quarter last week, he won't have to wait long.
Rtb can only reward those that have a chop and Jones is having a chop.
He can't say, listen mate, you're the obvious choice but we're gonna go with a first year player because he's got more upside and more years left than you.
IMO you play the list, it's up to Hugo and co to become better than the Joneses and Montys if they want a run.
I suppose, Jones is abit like for like speedwise for Hill too, definitely not for his kicking though haha.

Stocker was out with an abdominal strain & has played the last 3 games with Sandy (which has coincided with Ari getting games).

He spoke to members in one of the function rooms before the GC game.

Not on the outer at all.

Well he either,

a) Played injured for Sandy (unlikely)
b) Wasn't injured but not deemed good enough for the firsts (not at this point)

Simple.

Well he either,

Simple.
Stocker was sick last week and missed a session. VFL match against Geelong in the rain probably put him under the weather

Well he either,

Simple.

He was injured & has come back via Sandy.

Our backline is pretty settled so there’s currently no spot for him.

Thought my post was pretty straightforward.

Your post inferred that Dow & Stocker were both on the outer when both only came out of the senior side due to being injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones and Bonner ha ha ha - Ross trolling a few on here.
7Xiocpv.gif

Jones is no Hill replacement.

I'd go Bonner to HBF, and that lets Naz and Sinclair rotate up onto the wing at times.
Jones sub.
Nah Bonner will play wing over those two, he was doing so before he got injured. Wood Byrnes Bonner will be the wing rotation, Jones too if he isn't sub

Jones key asset is his run but he rarely breaks away and gains good metres . His possessions are often interrupted
Jones can get the ball ok, but instead of disposing the ball quickly, his first instinct seems to be to take on the tackler, or to fend off, and ends up in a ball-up or a dodgy disposal. He is a very good kick, but needs to dish the ball off to a team mate quicker.

Jones can get the ball ok, but instead of disposing the ball quickly, his first instinct seems to be to take on the tackler, or to fend off, and ends up in a ball-up or a dodgy disposal. He is a very good kick, but needs to dish the ball off to a team mate quicker.
And they need to learn to run off him.
Know your team mates.

Really? Is that a thing?!

It sounds legit. Bananas produce ethylene so trapping it probably ripens them faster. You can ripen hard avocados quicker by putting them in a bowl together or paper bag.

I think it's trapping the gas, not necessarily anything to do with the lettuce.

Sandy playing Saturday afternoon, so whomever is the holdover emergency (or emergencies) won't play VFL this weekend.
Playing against Willy down here. My nephew plays for Willy so I will be conflicted.
Look for the Bernese Mountain Dog if watching the broadcast.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back