Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 20: St.Kilda Saints v Tullamarine Dodo Enjoyers, Saturday 27th July 4:35pm, Stadium of Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Caminiti plays down back, chopping and changing blokes is no good for their development (we saw this first hand with Battle). If battle does leave I could see us playing with Howard and Caminiti as the key position backs, which could free up Wilkie to be a deadly 3rd tall, intercepted, Tom Stewart type.

Not sure what that means for the forward line though. I really like Sharman and think he’s a natural forward but is he big enough to play as a key position player when Membrey is done?
Caminiti is taller than Membrey.

I hope Caminiti plays down back, chopping and changing blokes is no good for their development (we saw this first hand with Battle). If battle does leave I could see us playing with Howard and Caminiti as the key position backs, which could free up Wilkie to be a deadly 3rd tall, intercepted, Tom Stewart type.

Not sure what that means for the forward line though. I really like Sharman and think he’s a natural forward but is he big enough to play as a key position player when Membrey is done?
Sharman is 5cm taller than Membrey. He’ll be fine as long as he’s good enough.

Dow needs a run of games, and I'm fine with it being for Sandringham. His year has been all over the place, he barely had a preseason due to injury, and he needs consistency. Pity, I think he would've helped the midfield a bit, even if it would only be in an unspectacular way. Glad Garcia stays in, not surprised that Keeler is being held back...but would love to see him get a game...maybe another off season away though.
Think our overall system will keep us in the game. If everything fires, we'll win...keep them guessing up forward, and get the mids moving into the forward line to take their shots. That's when we look our best. We're not precise or skilful enough to execute a traditional game, but we're good at running it in, and shutting it down when it goes the other way.
play to those strengths.

[15] Paddy Dow,[41] Angus McLennan,[42] Max Heath
EMG

nice

Literally every draftee from last year has debuted, what more do you want. Want him to play half the 22 as 10-gamers and us lose by 10 goals?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I’m happy with that but I want a game plan that gets us ahead of the pack. Not three steps behind.
Tactics are better than all stars.

Fair point but Sharman probably needs to add some size. Membrey had key forward energy, he was strong in a 1 on and had a huge leap.
Sharman looks a similar weight to Bayley Fritsch, but that is just a guess since the AFL is now pretending that weight doesn't matter. He does have a huge leap, I think last year in our 2nd match against Hawthorn he was jumping on James Sicily's shoulders for most of the game.
As long as he can continue to lead well and kick straight from outside 50 I think he will be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would've preferred to see Hastie, Keeler, Arie, Dow, Heath and Hotton play this week but I guess Ross still wants to win.

Can’t really complain with that change. I just hope Bonner is the sub this week instead of Hugo :(
Training next week may become quite willing if Hugo is left on the pine again.

4MqlEs0.jpeg

Heath has made good progress the year. If he can bring his aerobic capacity up a level this off season he's in for a big 2025

Looks like the big fella is really putting in these days

VQlZW8g.jpeg

Who is playing in Henry's role? No easy like-for-like replacement available
Henry’s role?
Henry’s Dream?

Henry is class, could be a champ, but if we could be realistic, I’d wager he played one good game this year…and a nice second half to boot.

I don’t think we know his role, do we?
Oh..ok.

Yes, we do?
He is an elastic live wire who can crumb, mark and collect, twist and thread, and deliver to a target in forward 50?

I know.

That is what we want. And was tantalizingly close to receiving.

But not yet.

Only club i truly dislike is Essendon. I don't care how pathetic it is, this is my personal grand final. They've been frauds all year and are finally being found out, I am very confident that we can beat them. Was proper hilarious seeing them parading in the top 4 with a % in the 90's, and they are realistically a 11th-15th placed side and they know it. Lets go boys

Is anyone else pissed off with the hawks massive improvement.
I mean like I predicted it lat year because I love their game style but I don’t think it would happen this quick.
I was hoping rtb would copy it.

Sam Mitchell is the best coach in the competition in my opinion, so I am not surprised. But yeah, it is annoying that they've gone through a full rebuild and are looking at the other side while we've never put a serious contender on the park for 13+ years now.

Sam Mitchell is the best coach in the competition in my opinion, so I am not surprised. But yeah, it is annoying that they've gone through a full rebuild and are looking at the other side while we've never put a serious contender on the park for 13+ years now.
lol no chance,

Chris Scott
Horse Longmire
Dimma
Bevo
Fly Mcrae
Clarko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back