Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 20: St.Kilda Saints v Tullamarine Dodo Enjoyers, Saturday 27th July 4:35pm, Stadium of Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread on 4th page 2 days before a match against Essendon. I know a lot have checked out for the season but the board has felt flat since I dunno when :rolleyes:

I Dont Understand Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Bring back the bants
Some folk complained about the banter...and many of the more likeable and fun posters left, or were kicked out.
The people that complained are still here... they're easy to spot...and aren't they just a delight 🤣

I would've preferred to see Hastie, Keeler, Arie, Dow, Heath and Hotton play this week but I guess Ross still wants to win.

Have seen Keeler play still needs to keep himself involved when the ball’s in dispute turns off too many times.

Needs another preseason of with one on one contests

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I would've preferred to see Hastie, Keeler, Arie, Dow, Heath and Hotton play this week but I guess Ross still wants to win.

Yeah, maybe RTB will give a debut (or two) in a couple of weeks when we play the current bottom team Richmond

The Scarlet Gash. The Baggage claim Sniffers. The Drug Cheats. Injectiondon. The Red and Black Hacks. The Bum Brigade. The Hangers On from the Hangar. Lessthandumb. The Dongs.

With a modern-day irrelevance almost unrivalled in the league, their awful supporters have resisted humility and clung to their historical hubris like a stubborn bit of human waste clings to the toilet bowl.

Their greatest achievement in the last 25 years was to showcase a youngster by the name of Stephen Milne against us in the reserves Grand Final and let us take him weeks later after he lit up the match.

Without the balancing white in their club colours, their garish red and black paraphernalia puts me in mind of shitty old-fashioned Spanish rock bands, Steampunk, male teenage deodorant marketing, theatre restaurants, male strippers, and cars for losers but definitely not a professional sports team.

Their club anthem is not a real club anthem like ours which is simple and quick, it's an actual song that they force their players to sing in its entirety like an awkward karaoke act, a weird show tune that resembles the type of entertainment common back when they were a regularly good team, chorus lines of men prancing stiffly around on stages, which is often what also comes to mind watching the Bombres (misspelling intended) play footy.

Before the ridiculous spectacle of the quickest stint as CEO humanly possible by that religious bloke and subsequent vilification that was clumsier than their backline, they headhunted Ross Lyon but ballsed that up so instead hired the man who took North Melbourne to the bottom of the ladder, Chris Scott's brother.

Their best players include a human-rat experiment in the ruck, AFL's first transman Darcy Parish (not that there's anything wrong with that) and a player who would have won 4 Brownlows already had he not been submerged in a great dog-egg pudding of a team chockablock full of players so spuddy, we wouldn't even have drafted them back when Trout was picking our players- consider that for a moment.

They are a bunch of frauds and gutless downhill skiiers and no matter how many times they get found out, their foolish fans still get loud and proud every time they jag a win.

They are forever clinging for dear life to those blockbuster games they get gifted and rightly so, because without them, they'd have been boxed up with North Melbourne and sent to Tasmania quicker than you can say Kevin Sheedy.

Hate them, their fans, their players, and especially their cheerleaders in the media who lionise any small or incidental gain they make while looking down on us and other clubs.

You're damn right every game we play against them is a grand final, at least until we get good enough to actually get into a real one. Any match they play is an Anyone But Essendon heartstopper, and their presence in the 8 will make their eventual drop or finals failure all the funnier.

Eat a whole bag of dix, Essendon.

Last edited:
Sam Mitchell is the best coach in the competition in my opinion, so I am not surprised. But yeah, it is annoying that they've gone through a full rebuild and are looking at the other side while we've never put a serious contender on the park for 13+ years now.
That game style he has them playing has premiership written all over it. It’s probably why their players are developing so well.

Let's see how they go with the weight of expectation on them before we crown them
The weight of expectation probably got them early. They were very nervey to start the year but I just think with the way they’re playing now and the more they do it the better they’ll get at it. It’s a perfect finals brand. All about ground ball.

The drug cheat scum from the schit smear known as Tullamarine have brought back in Peter Wright, who was dropped but never played VFL because they had the Bye, Heppell, who was dropped but never played VFL because they had the Bye and Parish, who hasn't played for 3 months. Real recipe for disaster IMO and I hope we absolutely tear them a new one.

Also their coach who has a literal ball sack for a chin said to the media this week that Heppell's response to being dropped was so good it was "almost unhuman". I cringed so hard I fell off my chair. I'm guessing Dyson has been doing some stroking in the vacinity of that chin just quietly.

Last edited:
I think our midfield will struggle this week. Essendon go deep in there.

I'd be surprised if we win this game.

Yes, their midfield is shiely, shiely good.

It shiely is.

Our midfield, on the other hand is shiely, shiely average.

It shiely is.

Luckily our club has a plan to flip that in 2025.

I for one am shiely interested in finding out that goes.

I shiely am.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see Ross getting more shirty in the pressers. They're getting shorter too Lol! He mentioned Jones has "popped" I'd agree he's looked much better recently, with Seb injured and ofc Crouch another contract beckons I'd think, if Jones can stay right he's a more than handy mature mid.

Some folk complained about the banter...and many of the more likeable and fun posters left, or were kicked out.
The people that complained are still here... they're easy to spot...and aren't they just a delight 🤣
Let's just be clear.
The banter was never the issue, more likely the abuse of position and contravention of site rules was recognised by the site mods.
No one was kicked out, they either chose to leave or were abusive enough to cop a perma-ban.
I'm not aware of anyone that complained and l doubt there were any, though l am aware of plenty that were fed up with the situation.

Time to let it go...

The drug cheat scum from the schit smear known as Tullamarine have brought back in Peter Wright, who was dropped but never played VFL because they had the Bye, Heppell, who was dropped but never played VFL because they had the Bye and Parish, who hasn't played for 3 months. Real recipe for disaster IMO and I hope we absolutely tear them a new one.

Also their coach who has a literal ball sack for a chin said to the media this week that Heppell's response to being dropped was so good it was "almost unhuman". I cringed so hard I fell off my chair. I'm guessing Dyson has been doing some stroking in the vacinity of that chin just quietly.
The Front Bar taking the piss out of Inbred Scott Brother #2 was a belter the other night.

Let's just be clear.
The banter was never the issue, more likely the abuse of position and contravention of site rules was recognised by the site mods.
No one was kicked out, they either chose to leave or were abusive enough to cop a perma-ban.
I'm not aware of anyone that complained and l doubt there were any, though l am aware of plenty that were fed up with the situation.

Time to let it go...
Wow, you seem to know a fair bit about it... I wasn't expecting that from you.
I was making an observation.
There's quite a few missing these days.

Name names. Almost everyone had no problems with the people who left. If you didn't like their bants, you just ignored them. The complaint was made by North Melbourne moderators.

I will still post here as I enjoy footy posting, but the place is not the same since the likes of mowman, dard ball get, and even george departed. Very sanitised.

lol no chance,

Chris Scott
Horse Longmire
Dimma
Bevo
Fly Mcrae
Clarko

Those coaches of course have the runs on the board but I think what he's doing tactically is the most impressive right now. West Coast midfielders have said that he was the most important reason for why they won in 2018 and they were blown away by his football brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back