2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kako looks like a bloody good option if Essendon refuse to trade with us. Very high output forward with X factor. It wouldn’t be the worst thing walking away with one of the mids and Kako.
we cant get Kako NGAs are protected, they did change that but not the cost

we cant get Kako NGAs are protected, they did change that but not the cost
We can if we make a bid and Essendon choose not to match.

Doesn't seem like anyone in the top 6 will be bidding for him so we'd basically be extorting essendon, if you want to take a top 10 pick AND get Kako, you need to trade for one of our picks or we'll make a bid and your early pick gets eaten up.

It's a gamble, if we don't really want him with our pick and essendon decide they'd be better off picking from the draft pool we could end up stuck with a player we didn't really want.

Obviously your opinion won’t be changed but he also played another 14 games for the year he just dominated as an inside mid. He played well against senior opposition this year which is one of the biggest tests you can have as a 17 year old.

I always mark down guys with a massive size advantage over their peers. I think in the Coates league he has a real size advantage. Against a better midfield he was a lot less dominant.

I think LDU will stay with Norf, c'mon norf or us? will likely be captain of Norf. Bradshaw, if he wants to come home, would be great, but yeah, plenty of other Vic teams would line up. Did he barrack for us as a kid?

Not sure he'll be the one but Brayshaw and Ed Richards are also up.

I'm hoping we might also have one of our kids step up in the meantime too.

SAINTS ACADEMY PROSPECT KEEN TO JOIN

ST KILDA Next Generation Academy member Adrian Cole would love to follow in the footsteps of Mitch Owens and Marcus Windhager at the Saints, but is happy landing anywhere in the AFL.

The 195cm key defender played in the Sandringham Dragons' Grand Final win last month and for Vic Metro in the Marsh U18 Boys National Championships.

Cole joined the Saints' Academy at the age of 13 and has worked under Brendon Goddard and Nick Dal Santo.

The 18-year-old is yet to receive any indication from St Kilda and has met with a handful of other clubs ahead of the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.

"I have spoken to them [St Kilda] a few times," Cole told AFL.com.au at the Draft Combine.

"I've had one formal meeting when they came over to my house. Simon [Dalrymple] spoke to us on an NGA camp and did a big presentation.

"I'm happy wherever I land, I just want to get into the AFL, so fingers crossed that happens.

"I would give my best to any team, but I think there is something special to giving back to a club that I've been a part of since 13. They've given me a lot of support since then, so I would like to repay the support."

St Kilda's NGA has produced seven AFL graduates, including current Saints Owens, Windhager and Angus McLennan. – Josh Gabelich

Surely Melbourne take a midfielder?
I can definitely see North picking a tall but it does make sense to trade down. They’ve really loaded up on mids the past few years.
Would love to see the injectors forced to use their first on Kaku.
All the reports suggest we will be targeting a midfielder with pick 5.

If we bid on him early we wipe out all of their picks. They get him and nothing else. Not very good drafting
not on their behalf it's not, but we still don't get him.

SAINTS ACADEMY PROSPECT KEEN TO JOIN

ST KILDA Next Generation Academy member Adrian Cole would love to follow in the footsteps of Mitch Owens and Marcus Windhager at the Saints, but is happy landing anywhere in the AFL.

The 195cm key defender played in the Sandringham Dragons' Grand Final win last month and for Vic Metro in the Marsh U18 Boys National Championships.

Cole joined the Saints' Academy at the age of 13 and has worked under Brendon Goddard and Nick Dal Santo.

The 18-year-old is yet to receive any indication from St Kilda and has met with a handful of other clubs ahead of the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.

"I have spoken to them [St Kilda] a few times," Cole told AFL.com.au at the Draft Combine.

"I've had one formal meeting when they came over to my house. Simon [Dalrymple] spoke to us on an NGA camp and did a big presentation.

"I'm happy wherever I land, I just want to get into the AFL, so fingers crossed that happens.

"I would give my best to any team, but I think there is something special to giving back to a club that I've been a part of since 13. They've given me a lot of support since then, so I would like to repay the support."

St Kilda's NGA has produced seven AFL graduates, including current Saints Owens, Windhager and Angus McLennan. – Josh Gabelich

I would be taking Lenny Hoffman as well. Fact is last time we had a Lenny on our list we were good

Excluding players in academies and father sons, this is my opinion of what has been the return at Pick 7 and 8

Dan Curtin - Hit / Unproven at AFL
Nate Caddy - Hit

Jhye Clark - Unproven at AFL
Reuben Ginny - Hit

Josh Gibcus - Hit / Injured
Neil Erasmus - Unproven at AFL

Archie Perkins - Miss / Poor club development
Zach Reid - Miss / Poor club development / Injured

Hayden Young - Hit
Caleb Serong - Superstar

Bailey Smith - Hit / Potential Superstar / Injured
Chayce Jones - Miss

Hunter Clark - Hit / Injured
Nick Coffield - Miss / Injured

Griffin Logue - Average
Will Brodie - Miss

Sam Weideman - Miss
Harry Mckay - Superstar

Paul Ahern - Miss
Peter Wright - Average

James Aish - Average
Christian Salem - Hit

Ollie Wines - Superstar
Sam Mayes - Average
That's some serious perspective 👏

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about Lalor. Has the X factor but is he a risk? Can he play full time mid? I think we need someone that is a full time Mid, not part time Mid part time Fwd. it’s a tough choice though, he could end up like a Stringer. Would that be good? Not sure.
A poster on the draft board said Lalor had never done a preseason due to cricket commitments so he'll need a big fitness component when drafted. To still manage being in the top group says there's a lot to work with.

FB_IMG_1728112862758.jpg

FB_IMG_1728112865773.jpg

FB_IMG_1728112871821.jpg

Let SOS cook.
Can we find another analogy…
I have happy memories of the Blues “ can you smell what we’re cooking” campaign failing dismally.

Think I’ll rather go with “let SOS cobble” a la RTB’s cobbler theme.

They are free agents, we can get them for free as long as the other team doesn't match our contract offer
And with the money we didn’t spend on Battle we should have a nice fat purse…

Can we find another analogy…
I have happy memories of the Blues “ can you smell what we’re cooking” campaign failing dismally.

Think I’ll rather go with “let SOS cobble” a la RTB’s cobbler theme.
Great call there Diehard.

I cringe every time I see the words "green shoots"

It takes me back to the Bolton days with the Bloos.

We'd only split pick 8 if the elite mids AREN'T available anymore, which is a likely scenario

Could get players of similar ilk at pick 8 or 15 if this is the case
Live trading will certainly be very handy for us.

Some posters from here. Cbf to find the comments

He's meant to be a forward/mid to be fair. Was better forward than as a mid in the champs too. He's definitely more impact than pure mid. He's probably in an ideal world Petracca or Dusty. Could be more Stringer though.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back