Position 2024 Fantasy Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Can any Freo fans tell me about T Emmett? Will he be best 22? How's he tracking so far?
I think yes he's going to be in the best 22 and rotate in that high half forward role pushing up to stoppage just like Shultz, I wouldn't be super confident he stays best 22 though. One or two off games though he will be out for Longmuir's safe card of Banfiled. Has great pressure and has looked good during the pre-season after returning to training post xmas from a stress fracture/hot spot.

He will have pretty wide ranging games in the 80s and games in the 40s playing up at the ground and then getting some of those graveyard shifts, if he starts b22 I would tip him to stay for most of the year playing at least 15 games.

I think yes he's going to be in the best 22 and rotate in that high half forward role pushing up to stoppage just like Shultz, I wouldn't be super confident he stays best 22 though. One or two off games though he will be out for Longmuir's safe card of Banfiled. Has great pressure and has looked good during the pre-season after returning to training post xmas from a stress fracture/hot spot.

He will have pretty wide ranging games in the 80s and games in the 40s playing up at the ground and then getting some of those graveyard shifts, if he starts b22 I would tip him to stay for most of the year playing at least 15 games.
Wasn’t Switta gonna take Schultz’s role though?

Think we can safely say from both the practice match comments surrounding Dusty playing pure mid whilst Shai plays pure forward, and Flanders being talked up by Hardwick whilst saying they're gonna feed him the ball whenever they get the chance - that these are the Top 2 guys in the forward line.

They have easier byes as well (3 and 14 for Flanders and 6 and 15 for Dusty) so makes it a bit better. Reckon there's a Top 6 or 7 emerging, based on all the commentary going around re: roles and CBAs during practice matches:

1. Flanders
2. Dusty
3. T. Adams
4. J. Macrae (injured but still a lock if right to play and getting decent CBA's)
5. Rankine
6. L. Jackson/T. Greene

Think we can safely say from both the practice match comments surrounding Dusty playing pure mid whilst Shai plays pure forward, and Flanders being talked up by Hardwick whilst saying they're gonna feed him the ball whenever they get the chance - that these are the Top 2 guys in the forward line.

They have easier byes as well (3 and 14 for Flanders and 6 and 15 for Dusty) so makes it a bit better. Reckon there's a Top 6 or 7 emerging, based on all the commentary going around re: roles and CBAs during practice matches:

1. Flanders
2. Dusty
3. T. Adams
4. J. Macrae (injured but still a lock if right to play and getting decent CBA's)
5. Rankine
6. L. Jackson/T. Greene
Yeah everyone's saying 'Dusty will burn ya' but that was in years with more FWD options. This year is different. Although I'm picking Dusty due to the late early bye, but I'll try and nab Flanders post his bye.

Although I hope Dimma isn't BSing.

One to keep an eye on, he might be a diamond in the rough.

One to keep an eye on, he might be a diamond in the rough.
Don't think he is fantasy relevant at all tbh, happy to be proven wrong though

Will get Schultz role when he is in the team but won't be as good for atleast a couple of years, he is probably more similar to a Beau Mcreery type, will tackle a lot but scoring won't be great

Don't think he is fantasy relevant at all tbh, happy to be proven wrong though

Will get Schultz role when he is in the team but won't be as good for atleast a couple of years, he is probably more similar to a Beau Mcreery type, will tackle a lot but scoring won't be great
Oh that's disappointing! A future midfield beast that can hit the scoreboard then.

but I'll try and nab Flanders post his bye.

Although I hope Dimma isn't BSing.
Hard to know - GC clearly use fantasy interest as a marketing tool and this seemed pretty blatant leaning into that

Not saying it was total BS so I’m not taking it with a pinch of salt, but definitely with a nice layer of mayo

Hard to know - GC clearly use fantasy interest as a marketing tool and this seemed pretty blatant leaning into that

Not saying it was total BS so I’m not taking it with a pinch of salt, but definitely with a nice layer of mayo

He’s not BSing

Flanders is a pig, he’s a mix of power and endurance. He’ll be everywhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Powell for our scratchy v Brisbane (child birth)

So sexton will get the keys

Priced at 59, I think you'd take an 80 average as a success ?
In the forward line, bloody oath! I'm rocking Adams, MacDonald, Fyfe and Macrae at the moment and there are no guarantees that any of them will add 21 points to their price.

Priced at 59, I think you'd take an 80 average as a success ?
In the forward line, bloody oath! I'm rocking Adams, MacDonald, Fyfe and Macrae at the moment and there are no guarantees that any of them will add 21 points to their price.
Absolutely, 80 would be a win. But given we’d need him to get the bulk of his cash generation out of the way before his early bye in round 6, I have a few concerns with his early draw.

Round 0 Sydney, SCG - could be a really ugly 50 incoming here. Won’t matter to our scoring since it won’t count, but would make a mess of his early cash gen.

Round 1 Bulldogs, MCG - Better prospects. Anything from 70-85ish could be on the cards.

Round 2 Hawks, MCG - This is the game he’d need to absolutely feast on, and he could. Really needs upwards of 85 or 90 and he could do that depending on which young Hawks side turns up.

Round 3 Port, Adelaide Oval - Another potentially very ugly 50 which would negate any boost he might have got from the Hawthorn game

Round 4 Adelaide, Adelaide Oval - I’m expecting the Crows to be pretty good this year and they’ll go close to winning this one. Not really sure what that does to Billings score. Maybe a 70ish at the most?

Round 5 Brisbane, MCG - Could be another ugly score, right when you need a decent one before his bye. If it was at the GABBA I’d say a low score would be almost a certainty but a home game at the MCG gives him some hope.

So yeah, bit of a mixed bag. Daresay it all depends on what he does against the Swans in round 0. 75+ would be a good result in a tough matchup and would kick start some cash gen, 50-60 would probably see most of us skip him… especially if there’s a Taylor Adams or James Jordon type that shows something instead.

Wasn’t Switta gonna take Schultz’s role though?
I don't think the coaches see them like for like in terms of replacement value, Switkowski is much more impact and pushing up to stoppages. As great as he is its why he is rated 'elite' for champion data because he gets into stoppages, gets more ball and tackle numbers then most small forwards.

Emmett matches Shultz style beautifully with high pressure and hard intent, just now he is taller so has potential to give the forward line a better shape, which is why i think the coaches will persist with him and he should get a fair few games for the year.

81 from 7 marks and 21 touches, lower than I’d expect from a 7 mark game and a guy picked to kick

Allergiec to a tackle?
If you have the ball in your hands 21 times as a forward you probably don't have too many opportunities to tackle really

If you have the ball in your hands 21 times as a forward you probably don't have too many opportunities to tackle really
And it is a trial game (less tackle heavy but also good for outside players)

More the flag to me is if he gets 21 touches and 7 marks, what’s he score when he doesn’t as those are both the upper red if what you can expect (esp the marks)

There’s a good arguenent he’s a 70-75 guy which is ok but probably not enough and this supports that a bit

Still a rd 0 watch fir me anyway and his selection for me will be purely dictated by that performance/score and impact on early cash gen

81 from 7 marks and 21 touches, lower than I’d expect from a 7 mark game and a guy picked to kick

Allergiec to a tackle?

That's basically what hes been his whole career playing pretty much that exact role.

Has a career average of 84, if he's fit and best 22 can't see how he doesn't go around that again. Suprised how many were dissapointed in his game on Sunday, showed exactly what i wanted to see. Should only get better the more he plays with new teammates too imo

Reckon he's a great startng pick priced at 60 personally

1. Flanders
2. Dusty
3. T. Adams
5. Rankine
6. L. Jackson/T. Greene
Dimma's comments on Flanders have me frothing. If all the signs from the preseason games support when he's saying, he's going to rocket up my draft board. Half a chance he's the best scoring forward by close to 10 points given how he finished the year

Dimma's comments on Flanders have me frothing. If all the signs from the preseason games support when he's saying, he's going to rocket up my draft board. Half a chance he's the best scoring forward by close to 10 points given how he finished the year
I just hope it’s not GC memeing and trolling with fantasy prospects. the hype for Constable last year? That ended quickly.

Although I think Sexton is more likely to be Constabled.

Flanders or Dusty will likely be my F1

I just hope it’s not GC memeing and trolling with fantasy prospects. the hype for Constable last year? That ended quickly.

Although I think Sexton is more likely to be Constabled.

Flanders or Dusty will likely be my F1
I'm a sucker for youth, growth and a last 5 average and all of those make him too tempting to put Dusty over him. Best chance of any forward to go over 110 and he'd be close to a lock to go over 100 where pickings are slim. The ADP is always bogus but I'm wondering just how late I can get him in our draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back