Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 15 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering sidewaysing two premos on their bye along with Powell because of this exact reason
Yeah ive had a look at it and it honestly doesnt look to bad, means stronger side this week and would still have dowling as my only onfield rookie next after after byes regardless if i hold Steele or not as i wont be able to get the upgrade next week.

I'd be doing Steele, Powell and Sullivan or McAuliffe though

1718540964850.png
So far.. Seeing as no real rooks to go to this week. Will go to Arie next week. Sideways of non playing premos and Sharp out for Salem. Subject to change 100 times during the week :think:

Considering sidewaysing two premos on their bye along with Powell because of this exact reason

My first thoughts too

Powell to McKercher (if he's ready, otherwise Salem), Cameron to Gawn, Steele to Merrett

Probably come out of the byes with at least 1 rook onfield still but given how the premos are fluctuating that really isn't a huge worry

Two options are

Campbell down, steele>zerrett and sharp> Salem take 200k to following week for the freijah upgrade

Two downgrades, freijah up to a 850k any position hold sharp and Steele.

Fully expect Salem to ping something but I'm in no man's land anyway

Is Ryan worth the $98,000 more than Sheezel.

Leaning towards
Out: Freijah, Sharp, Steele
In: Rookie, Rozee, Ryan/Sheezel

Tempted to pocket the $133,000 for next week by picking Sheezel. Also I am wrong to consider Sheezel over Dunkley, Serong or Anderson. Feels weird wanting the defender over the mids.
Sheezel will get you a solid low 100. Ryan has a much higher ceiling but can drop the occasional 70-80. Anderson is the same. High highs and low lows.

anyone like the looks of Worner from Freo. Played match better than his score suggested.
He was a late in for Chapman, I dont think anybody else from Freos backline is at risk of losing their spot right now. Might be borderline to even stay in the side.
At this stage I dont trust his job security

Sheezel will get you a solid low 100. Ryan has a much higher ceiling but can drop the occasional 70-80. Anderson is the same. High highs and low lows.
Sheez has been on the downward trend for a while. If North can stay competitive then he’ll be fine but he’s only just tonning up with goals, and his scoring is directly correlated to how well North are doing on the scoreboard.

Freo won’t play much worse than they did this weekend and I reckon Ryan will be back to business in the coming weeks

The Simpkin late out has hurt my plans this week as I didn't hear the news until it was too late. Thinking I am going to hold at this stage and move on Freijah instead. Will mean going sideways with Steele, but would rather maximize points than worry about turning Simpkin into a rookie. He was my F6 anyway so not the end of the world.

Screenshot_20240617_071349_AFL Fantasy.jpg

Have a sneaking suspicion Brain could come in for McKenna this week, but really any 200k debutant will do at this stage!

At this stage for me it is: -

Out:
Will Day
Seth Campbell
Jeremy Sharp

In:
Rozee
Flanders (finally)
Harvey Thomas

Leaves 131k in the bank

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought I would get to a complete side by this week but I've fallen one rookie short, which is probably my fault as I've definitely indulged over and pre the byes. Dunkley (R9) Ryan (R10), Errol anf Fisher (R13) Zorko (R14) - but I hope that cream will eventually rise to the top in the lead up to finals.

But now I'm in the worst stage of the AFL fantasy season. Where you have one more rookie on field but no cash or fattened rooks to upgrade them. I can loop between Freijah, Schoey and Dowling each week through the midfield but it will take me at least two weeks to get up to a final premium I suspect. Will probably end up holding a rookie for two to three and upgrading failed picks like Tom Green while they fatten.

This could be where the season stalls. Those with a full premium side out of the bye will definitely have a leg up. I think this happens to me every year.

Torn on getting Walsh.. has the fixtures but last 2 years has been garbage in the run home

Willing to be swayed if someone can make a solid case

I thought I would get to a complete side by this week but I've fallen one rookie short, which is probably my fault as I've definitely indulged over and pre the byes. Dunkley (R9) Ryan (R10), Errol anf Fisher (R13) Zorko (R14) - but I hope that cream will eventually rise to the top in the lead up to finals.

But now I'm in the worst stage of the AFL fantasy season. Where you have one more rookie on field but no cash or fattened rooks to upgrade them. I can loop between Freijah, Schoey and Dowling each week through the midfield but it will take me at least two weeks to get up to a final premium I suspect. Will probably end up holding a rookie for two to three and upgrading failed picks like Tom Green while they fatten.

This could be where the season stalls. Those with a full premium side out of the bye will definitely have a leg up. I think this happens to me every year.
Feel like I’ve done similar. Maybe went a bit early but I prioritised the top of the line guys, zero role risk (or so I thought) and minimal tag risk.. and skipped on players like Day and Crisp who I thought had an end date.

Hasn’t really worked out that well because guys like Dunkley and Merrett are now affordable for everyone else off their bye when I didn’t think they would be, at least not to this extent.

When I get Bont in next week, Rozee and Steele will be my cheapest mids and I’ll loop Lohmann and Dowling for F6 until I decide who I want (was pretty keen on Rankine, didn’t see what his injury was).

My team on paper is far better than it’s actually performing which is slightly depressing.

Last edited:
He was a late in for Chapman, I dont think anybody else from Freos backline is at risk of losing their spot right now. Might be borderline to even stay in the side.
At this stage I dont trust his job security
He won't stay in

He was awful, one of our worst on ground for the half of the game we were actually in

He was lucky that Wagner had been sub for the past month so needed a full game at peel, otherwise Wagner would've been in.

Chappy will likely play next week anyway

Torn on getting Walsh.. has the fixtures but last 2 years has been garbage in the run home

Willing to be swayed if someone can make a solid case
Yeah Sam Walsh is terrible in the back end of the season...

1718582803253.png

But in all seriousness, I get the concern. Question is who else are you going to pick?

Yeah Sam Walsh is terrible in the back end of the season...

View attachment 2022135

But in all seriousness, I get the concern. Question is who else are you going to pick?
Last year averaged 78 from round 12 onwards.. had a similar late start to the season too

Year before also under 100 post bye. Still looking at grabbing him but jeez it’s a bit of a flag regardless of the angle you can take on it

Pretty rapidly checking out of this year.

Gawn and Heeney in for RoMa and Powell with a bit of rookie shuffling on the fringes. Means 19 this week and probably another dip in rank.

Currently sitting on:
Sinclair > Rozee
Steele > Zerrett
McAuliffe/Garcia > playing rookie
Didn't really want to lose Sinclair, and feel it's a week early on Rozee with another price drop likely (BE 130).
Leaves me with 1 rookie on field coming out of the byes, and Powell still to upgrade next round, carrying over maybe 300k

At the moment I’m going
Steele > Merrett
Powell > Salem/Caldwell
Sullivan > 200k rookie

Don’t love it at all. Simpkin being out late meant I went to Whitfield (not a bad pick in the end) meaning I carried less money over and it stuffed my trades.

Looks like I’ll be playing 18 exactly, with 17 promos and one rookie. Nervous stuff. But better off getting a better player then fielding 19 and just have Powells score drop off anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back