Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith not coming folks.

He has said he wants perm midfield.

We have Newc Nash Worps Day Mackenzie and Ward alll trying to squeeze in.

Cats have openings everywhere.
Wouldn’t get a game with us if his decision making is this bad.

Might get to be the number 1 banana at Geelong every week but he’s going to be in for a slog as they rebuild their midfield and forward line while Tasmania get first dibs on everything.

As much as we all hope it is, Geelongs cupboard isn't completely bare. A list of Holmes, miers, Dempsey, bruhn, stengle, de koning, Henry, Clark, Conway, neale under 25 isn't to bad and no where near the worst in the comp, throw in the pull they will always have attracting players I can see why Smith would go there. And like others have said it becomes his midfield.

Smith would be nice to have but squeezing him into the midfield might be hard and would be at the expense of a younger mid like a Ward, Hustwaite or Croc. Croc can play in other spots but the other two are mainly inside mids.

Battle would be a good get but don't sell the farm to get him.

I can't see how Perryman adds to what we need. We have good kicks and guys his size.

Frankly we need another classy player with X factor. Not just a good player but an elite one. They don't grow on trees and that is why Smith is attractive for the team. If we don't land any of the above three, Roughie is going to be a very disappointed man.

As much as we all hope it is, Geelongs cupboard isn't completely bare. A list of Holmes, miers, Dempsey, bruhn, stengle, de koning, Henry, Clark, Conway, neale under 25 isn't to bad and no where near the worst in the comp, throw in the pull they will always have attracting players I can see why Smith would go there. And like others have said it becomes his midfield.
Assuming that Stengle stays at the cattery. Their engine room has yet to be proven. Holmes, De Koning and Henry look very good though.

It’s changed so much I remember when no one wanted to go there, until they got Brad ottens as he was the first for years.

Smith not coming folks is what I have been told.

Guess it’s consistent with the same at the dogs but if he’s not prepared to fight for his spot in our team and thinks he will get a commitment of perm midfield …… Sam won’t give him that promise!

Smith not coming folks is what I have been told.

Well I’m sure Sam has told him the midfield is where we want to play him so if he’s not backing himself to cement a spot in front of Worps, Nash, Mackenzie and Ward then maybe that is saying something!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With an aging list, using a first round pick plus change on Smith seems like a very dangerous move by Geelong.
Hope it fails bigtime. The odds are it will.

Smith will be 24 next season, there is still plenty of time for him to contribute to any future success. It's doubtful a team will draft a midfielder better than him at the 9 - 14 range.

All good. Thorpy’s record looks very good on paper. He saved Arie’s career, developed Leake very well and pushed McKercher and won a few flags. I think he wants to be a part of the Tasmanian team and probably hoped to be like Zane Littlejohn. And he’d have a shot if he didn’t have a reputation for favouritism, sprays and poor culture.

As for other Hawks, Kieran Lovell is a gun for Kingborough. If he was younger, he could play AFL again.

Jackson Callow returned to Norwood and honestly loves it. He’s more suited to semi-professional footy but I think he’ll be a player when the Devils return. Watch his brother next year.
Appreciate the insight MoM.

Hoped Callow was going to be what I hoped Scaife might be… family cycling background suggested good endurance. Clubs seem to get decisions right, good to hear he is happy. Will keep an eye out for junior.

Did work experience at HFC in 1995 and Jade Rawlings was also there. Was so nice, always said hi years afterwards.

If Smith doesn’t happen, I’d hazard a guess we’ll pivot to a similar type. Maybe that’s why we’re linked with Perryman? Drafted as a mid, beautiful kick.

I wonder if the giants would want another on $1m+, Callaghan would be worth it.

Gonna throw this one out there, apparently Petracca not happy at the Demons!
1st and future first??
He’s not unhappy. His family aren’t happy with some of the goings on with his inury and how it was handled.

Doubt he’d be going anywhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back