Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions would have to over pay for Lewis as we are investing in Battle and Barrass for our defence.

Our spine is set up for the next 4 years FF Dear CHF Lewis HB Battle FB Barrass
Yeah he is a contracted and required player, we aren’t trading him unless we get something that brings us closer to our next flag.

You don’t bring in Barrass just to trade away the best key forward you have.

Lewis.

Bris…….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Welcome back, king.

It would be hard to begrudge Lewis heading up there for: a) a fresh start after a long history of injuries, b) warmer weather to assist with management of said injuries c) recent evidence of their medical teams chops in Ashcroft.

I feel like it will be near impossible for us to get satisfaction in a trade; as we put such a high price on his potential, and Brisbane will trade on his reality.

Need a hypothetical mega trades with Hawthorn, West Coast, Brisbane and maybe Richmond to throw players and picks everywhere.

Then trade week can really get going.

Need a hypothetical mega trades with Hawthorn, West Coast, Brisbane and maybe Richmond to throw players and picks everywhere.

Then trade week can really get going.

Let's solve the Dan Houston impasse and get a backup while we're at it

Port out: Dan Houston, Ollie Lord
Port in: Haw F1, Bris F1

Bris out: F1, F2
Bris in: Mitch Lewis

Haw out: Mitch Lewis, F1
Haw in: Dan Houston, Ollie Lord, Bris F2

The Lewis situation is not to surprising a few whispers he was unsettled and in his own head space.

I would be standing firm on the right deal, even thou his currency has dropped in recent times he fills a direct need for the lions.

More importantly we are heading to unknown terrority with a replacement. Alot of what if and variables we don't have a like for like coming thru.

Chemistry in the back 6 will take time, to allow or look at a permanent move for a Weddle or Sicily.

The Lewis situation is not to surprising a few whispers he was unsettled and in his own head space.

I would be standing firm on the right deal, even thou his currency has dropped in recent times he fills a direct need for the lions.

More importantly we are heading to unknown terrority with a replacement. Alot of what if and variables we don't have a like for like coming thru.

Chemistry in the back 6 will take time, to allow or look at a permanent move for a Weddle or Sicily.
Yeah nahh the time is now we are not waiting for anything or anyone. The two players are not 18 year olds. They are really good players they will fit into our team seamlessly

Pick 18 and some change would definitely help us.
Until draft night wraps up, I'm assuming we are angling to get the Whitlock brothers in somehow.
Whitlocks will take a year or two to develop, will be primed to take over from big Mabs when he slows down.
Dear is our star KPF going forward imo, having some twinergy around him is exactly what I'd love to see!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is Lewis worth, and why would we trade someone so valuable to us?

2m tall, strong mobile CHF who averages close to 2 goals per game. He is contracted for 2 more years, only 25, but has been injury prone and is coming off an ACL.

Conversely, Barrass has better exposed form, is (slightly) less injury prone, but is 3 years older, is a less in-demand position given how hard KPFs are to come across and out stocks, and has a potential big longevity issue with his back.

For my mind, Lewis has the same or marginally greater value than Barrass.

We are in the window now. Getting one future 1st for our key forward pillar does nothing to get us closer to a flag. WCE, conversely, desperately need young talent to show Harley they are heading in the right direction.

Given how much value Lewis could bring (not just him, but the flow-on benefits of bringing the ball to ground and lessening the reliance on Dear, Chol etc.), first up you just don’t entertain the trade. I would only consider if Lewis was really pushing to get out, and Brissy paid overs - 1st this year + good young player (Rayner FA next year to Lions could jump, Lohman who was rumoured to want to head home at one point, or Morris who would be a good 3rd tall to add to the forward line).

I guess I just don’t see why we would trade out Lewis given how much value he can bring when fit.

Lewis should be worth Barrass and extra. Lewis is more than 3 years younger, and a good Key Forward is much harder to find than a Key Defender.

We're short on list spots. Could be used to build our draft capital in 2025.

Just give Brisbane the number to the Eagles' List Manager. They can fix up the Eagles for Barrass, and find us a F2 pick.

I like the idea of linking the two together.

That's a good point, both can play!

So you would explore the option take the best deal and move on?
I admit I got excited by the news initially, but I am not going to entertain the possibility of a trade unless Lewis comes out and says make me a Bear Lion

Would hawks first round pick + lions 1st pick + hawks future 1st get a pretty good player in a trade next year? Maybe a west coast player? Lions would need this years for points.
All 3 of those picks I anticipate would be late first rounders. So if I'm Reid'n your post right, then no, it won't be enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back