Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done to Carlton, I guess? This trade is like one of those ones that gets laughed at when it's proposed on here as a hypothetical because it's so stupid and one-sided.

Just an idea we get Barrass deal done and Suns clearly want Atkin’s off their books so wondering if we can get in somehow to get pick 13. Atkins can play at BH but if we get pick 13 and help Suns with Luko trade, we can also threaten to take Smith and push Cats to pay up

Well done to Carlton, I guess? This trade is like one of those ones that gets laughed at when it's proposed on here as a hypothetical because it's so stupid and one-sided.
Its not mate the draft is very even pick 12 almost as good as pick 3

If the draft spread is as even as everyone suggests - swapping pick 3 for pick 12 is probably not as ludicrous as everyone thinks. In 2013 pick 13 gets you Patrick Cripps, pick 3 gets you Jack Billings.

Saints were offering pick 7 and a future 1st for 3.

A 4 pick slide and some ammo for the Chad Warner trade next year.

12 and 14 + a DFA in Owies is just ridiculously poor.

Eagles have Reid and **** all else. They don't need the Ginbey's, Chesser's and the Hewett's of the world. They need top liners.

Puts a lot of pressure on the bloke they pick at 12. Maybe they'll go local again and pick Allan. I will agree though it is a good draft to hold some late 1st rounders. Will be a lot of options.

If WC want to play hardball and we can't get the Barrass deal done is it really the worst thing? We still end up with 2x firsts and seconds next year, still have a truckload of capspace, still have Battle coming in and Blanck to return.

Eagles end up with an ageing Barrass in a list far less competitive than ours.

We will be fine, no need to be desperate.

Cal you're letting your bias get in the way mate. Stick to following and commenting on your beloved bombers mate

Never mind West Coast could only make that trade above because of Hawthorn being willing to trade with Carlton in the first place… “Hey Hawks how about you trade your pick to Carlton, so they can trade with us to help us land Baker and other deals”. “haha Hawks, now you have to ‘pay up’ for Barrass, you fell into our trap”…. Turn it up Cal. Still dirty you said we “missed out” on McKay for your beloved Bombers but now have left you in our wake with Battle and Barrass?

Seems West Coast used their pick 3 to keep a selection in the first round and get some players in. Barrass and going for future picks then looks like a ploy to go nuclear with a play to get Warner next year. All clubs looking to benefit here.

If WC want to play hardball and we can't get the Barrass deal done is it really the worst thing? We still end up with 2x firsts and seconds next year, still have a truckload of capspace, still have Battle coming in and Blanck to return.

Sadly they play hardball and we're caving in.

Just an idea we get Barrass deal done and Suns clearly want Atkin’s off their books so wondering if we can get in somehow to get pick 13. Atkins can play at BH but if we get pick 13 and help Suns with Luko trade, we can also threaten to take Smith and push Cats to pay up
Don't think we have the list spots for something like this.

Carlton traded out of the first 2 rounds next year to move up 9 spots in an even draft. If their pick 3 (4 after Ashcroft) isn't a star, or if they aren't a top 6 team next year, it's a terrible series of trades for them.

This and the Owies trades are because they have not managed their list spots well. They couldn't accommodate the Camporeales and 2 first round picks with their list spots so they had to consolidate that into one pick. And now they have no hand next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're in a good position either way.

Get Barrass who is quality defender (albeit old) for a F1 + F2.

Maintain 2 future firsts and 2 future seconds. With pick purchasing + extended future trading coming in, make a big play for Reid.

Never mind West Coast could only make that trade above because of Hawthorn being willing to trade with Carlton in the first place… “Hey Hawks how about you trade your pick to Carlton, so they can trade with us to help us land Baker and other deals”. “haha Hawks, now you have to ‘pay up’ for Barrass, you fell into our trap”…. Turn it up Cal. Still dirty you said we “missed out” on McKay for your beloved Bombers but now have left you in our wake with Battle and Barrass?

Seems West Coast used their pick 3 to keep a selection in the first round and get some players in. Barrass and going for future picks then looks like a ploy to go nuclear with a play to get Warner next year. All clubs looking to benefit here.
This post is the truth and spot on. Just fricken post this on Twitter or phone this in

Everybody remembers that the West Coast list manager job was up on Seek during the year right?

They shouldn't have ignored my application.

I drafted Jack Ginnivan for us in a 2020 Phantom draft.
I also hitched my wagon to a young bloke called Jai Newcombe when I watched him play one half of VFL footy.

SOMETIMES I do legitimately believe us nuffies make better calls than some of the actual people being paid to do the job.

I'm coming for Kinnear Beatson next. You may know him from such draft nights as 2022, where he traded out the pick that we used on Josh Weddle, then subsequently selected now-delisted Cooper Vickery at pick 27 and said he had him '12th overall on our draft board'.
Exactly, some of this is baffling.

If we pick up Battle and Barrass for a total of 2 draft picks that will be an amazing result
??? Why bring up a Free Agent like it's a good trade deal?

We would be picking up Barrass for 2 draft picks. Just Barrass.

Imagine if we picked up Battle, Perryman, Cumming, Jack Graham for no picks. what great trading.

Trying to make a trade for 1 player look better by including a free agent signing as a total package is disingenuous. As is comparing an entire trade period instead of looking at the individual deals and their fairness.

Media have already started their attack on that situation sprouting the “nobody will feel safe nominating Hawthorn again” like we’re the first team that’s ever had this situation. Unfortunately we generally are the good guys and will probably ending up caving. West Coast would be kidding if they forced a guy to stay after 2 straight years of him trying to leave

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back