List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t be a huge surprise if a youngish fringe player asked for and got a trade, especially with 3 best 22 players coming in. Berry, for example or maybe Taylor, or even Nank.
Silver indicated that they're not expecting any contracted players to be traded. It would be highly unusual for something like that to happen at this late date, without the club being aware of the movements by now.

Silver indicated that they're not expecting any contracted players to be traded. It would be highly unusual for something like that to happen at this late date, without the club being aware of the movements by now.
Dan Houston wanted to stay at Port too.

He did also say whilst he didn't anticipate any movement, never say never.

Dan Houston wanted to stay at Port too.
Houston is being pushed out by the club. You'd think Silver would be aware if the club had instigated moves to trade any of our contracted players.
He did also say whilst he didn't anticipate any movement, never say never.
Never say never... but the odds of it happening are less than 1%.

Not sure I’ve seen a prediction where he’s not going mid to late 30s. And not sure 25 blows out by 10, BNE will likely burn a couple matching with their current 18 at 1. How many FA compo pre 25? Battle, Perryman and Cumming, not sure there’s many more.
Well early 30s its still a useless pick and there is no problem trading it.

I'm far more concerned with why we haven't generated more list spots to load up more at this draft using F1 in some way.

Houston is being pushed out by the club. You'd think Silver would be aware if the club had instigated moves to trade any of our contracted players.

Never say never... but the odds of it happening are less than 1%.
Not sure about the 1%

And Houston isn't being pushed out, that would be the Port PR machine in full swing. He sold his house and started the move ages ago, his missus commutes back and forth.

What they ARE doing is using it to their advantage

3 at the moment, that's likely to be it.

Suns will need to match a bid for their academy prospect Lombardi, Essendon have won in Kako. That 25 probably blows out past 30 but probably not mid 30s.
Ashcroft and Marshall (Lions Academy), Marshall I think every chance to be bid on and perhaps GWS ruck Logan Smith.

Not sure about the 1%

And Houston isn't being pushed out, that would be the Port PR machine in full swing. He sold his house and started the move ages ago, his missus commutes back and forth.

What they ARE doing is using it to their advantage
Regardless, it's a move that is known well in advance. It's not something being sprung on the club, unexpectedly, in the middle of the trading period.

Yes, contracted players can & do request to be traded. They don't normally wait until after the trading period has commenced to make their requests known.

2025 list changes:

Smith, Tex retired
Murphy, Burgess, Schoenberg delisted
Milera potentially gone if doesn't make a full recovery.

That will be around 900 games experience gone and a significant drop in our list average age.

2026 we could still be a very young inexperienced side as a whole with only 7 players over 100 games experience.

By then we should know if we are at the beginning of an era of dominance, or a never ending rebuild.

The 2026 season should see 17 or so players reach that sweet spot of 60 to 150 games experience.

Pedler should be aiming to be an Isaac Heeney type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2025 list changes:

Smith, Tex retired
Murphy, Burgess, Schoenberg delisted
Milera potentially gone if doesn't make a full recovery.

That will be around 900 games experience gone and a significant drop in our list average age.

2026 we could still be a very young inexperienced side as a whole with only 7 players over 100 games experience.

By then we should know if we are at the beginning of an era of dominance, or a never ending rebuild.

The 2026 season should see 17 or so players reach that sweet spot of 60 to 150 games experience.

How many of Smith, Walker, Murphy, Burgess, Schoenberg and Milera will be best 22 next year?

Last edited:
developing tall forward is going to become a big need next year's off-season.
Depth in our KPF department is very low thanks to the failures of EH, Gollant, and with Tex on the way out next year.
Think we need a strong marking 195cm kid.
T Murray was brought in with the likely departure of Berg at the time.

Welsh replaces Gollant.

We should be replacing Burgess with someone better.

Yep, I’d love to know which of our inexperienced players let us down compared to some of the experienced players. It’s a bullshit cop out argument.

For example, these new players who should they be replacing?

ANB - Murphy
Cumming - Smith
Peatling - Laird and Berry
I hope you're right George...but we all know they'll find a way to get them back in the team.

Depth in our KPF department is very low thanks to the failures of EH, Gollant, and with Tex on the way out next year.
Might be a good chance to use the new SANFL rules if the Central District duo are not drafted Tallan Rosenzweig or Charlie Nicholls and have one in the Reserves and maybe consider for MSD

Charlie West is very close to the best contested mark in this draft amongst all the KPF's in this draft.

Charlie West despite missing a chunk of games due to injury was still 1 of the only 2 SA KPF's invited to tomorrow;s AFL National Combine testing . Late/rookie would absolutely be worth a look. Pretty slippery pace wise too putting up a 2.92 20m at the 2024 SA preseason testing. Edit* I might add a very decent chop out ruck as well. #30

Last edited:
We all agree that there won’t be many offers for players in our list that we would entertain … but will there be inquiries?

Rachele not going to get any sneaky clubs asking the question? Hawthorn perhaps?

Berry not going to see better opportunities elsewhere now we have Peatling to possibly push out him from the midfield rotation?

Worrell another I’d hate to see targeted by a big Victorian club.

Laird / Tex as a last shot at a flag scenario?

Just spit balling - I would think it strange if no other club even asks for ANY of our players.

We all agree that there won’t be many offers for players in our list that we would entertain … but will there be inquiries?

Rachele not going to get any sneaky clubs asking the question? Hawthorn perhaps?

Berry not going to see better opportunities elsewhere now we have Peatling to possibly push out him from the midfield rotation?

Worrell another I’d hate to see targeted by a big Victorian club.

Laird / Tex as a last shot at a flag scenario?

Just spit balling - I would think it strange if no other club even asks for ANY of our players.
No way do we trade quality young players like Rachele or Worrell. No issue with fringe player like Berry or Schoenberg looking for more opportunities now we have some quality ins

Tex deserves to be a 1 club player & going nowhere.

We aren't likely to push Laird out, but we should seriously be considering it. Pay his salary & get a decent pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back