List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree that this is an issue. We did future planning for Jacobs' departure, with ROB. There doesn't appear to be any future planning for ROB's departure.

We definitely should have been looking at recruiting ROB's successor in 2023 or 2024 - but that's an entirely different argument to what we should have done in 2016.
Agreed. The discussion about RoBs future plans are well known

So, what you're saying is that we had 4 ruckmen on the list, and you think we should have added a 5th. 5 senior list positions used, to fill 1 position in the team.

Yeah... nah!
He's saying we should have IDEed a while earlier that 2016 was going to have decent rucks in it and got rid of Hunter and/or Lowden (or not got them in the first place) and picked up one in 2016 instead.

Sam Draper is not just a rumour, the Crows are certainly putting in some work to potentially get him as a FA. Like most things, this will purely come down to money and has nothing to do with a desire to come home.

I couldn’t handle him lining up for goal, it’s worse than ROB

I think Angus Clarke will be cose to one of the best SA dtaftees taken in this draft especially given where he gets taken.
Probably starts as a nice sized rebounding defender and believe me he ticks all the boxes, best kick in the SA contingent both accurate and penetrating, good pace and dare along with plenty of run and carry, excellent overhead for his 189cm, good defensively one on one.

Versatile as well given he's gone well when he's had stints up forward. Expect him to be one of the fist SA lads taken after Draper...he's a ripper.
Personally I don't think Angus Clarke's far off Tobie Travaglia either stylistically or as a talent (better kick) who is being spoken of as a top 10 prospect, some see Travaglia as a future mid chance then so is this lad IMO.

Last edited:
Moments pause for the page number

View attachment 2146779
bernard-cribbins-kiss.gif

Really appreciate your updating us with your knowledge. Understanding all this stuff is getting too complicated. The concern I have is if we have a full list after the draft that means when the Mid Season draft comes around we dont have any room for taking someone in that draft. So are we allowed to delist someone to accomodate us taking a selection mid year if there is a player we want or need. A young ruck would be nice.
We can place players on the inactive list to free up room for the MSD. If there are injuries over the preseason we could potentially recruit someone as part of the PSSP. Considering experience from recent years, it is fair to say that both options will most likely arise. Given the depth of this draft, I also believe there will be some talent available after the RD.

Who would be the player you suggest to trade for a top 20ish pick?

I was in the camp that trading Berry might have been a good option to get some draft capital but he would have been pick 30-40 at best.

I get that these players aren’t A graders, but they are significant upgrades on what we have and are proven performers at AFL level. I also think Peatling has a higher ceiling than we might think.
Oh hard to say isn't it without being on the inside. You could never foresee half of those trades happening that ended up occurring. Berry might have been a start (shocked he had any interest 😃) but really for team that finished 15th you'd expect more movement. But I think the club is just happy to make the finals so have kept everyone and added some depth. Pearling I agree, if there's one that will do a dawson for us he is it surely!

I think Angus Clarke will be cose to one of the best SA dtaftees taken in this draft especially given where he gets taken.
Probably starts as a nice sized rebounding defender and believe me he ticks all the boxes, best kick in the SA contingent both accurate and penetrating, good pace and dare along with plenty of run and carry, excellent overhead for his 189cm, good defensively one on one.

Versatile as well given he's gone well when he's had stints up forward. Expect him to be one of the fist SA lads taken after Draper...he's a ripper.
Personally I don't think Angus Clarke's far off Tobie Travaglia either stylistically or as a talent (better kick) who is being spoken of as a top 10 prospect, some see Travaglia as a future mid chance then so is this lad IMO.

Why do you think he's not rated highly by others (at least those in the media we hear from)?

Why do you think he's not rated highly by others (at least those in the media we hear from)?
The simple answer is exposure, probably people didn't see him coming on this much in his underage year at Glenelg and being a Mt.Gambier lad maybe?

It's also interesting that we started this ruck recruiting when Jacobs was just 26 years old.

ROB is 29 years old and we have zero developing ruckman on the list. Maybe Toby Murray even though he seems more a forward-ruck. Even Lowden back in 2015 was just 24 years old. Our backup in Strachan is 29!
ROB would benefit from having a young, second ruckman capable of taking over his place at some point

Light a fire under him

Has possibly got a bit comfortable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROB would benefit from having a young, second ruckman capable of taking over his place at some point

Light a fire under him

Has possibly got a bit comfortable
Hopefully Strachan can get his fitness levels up to be able to run out a full AFL game... but surely we are better off delisting Burgess who is useless at AFL level to get in a young ruckman.

Hell I might as well stop going to the gym then
But to be fair, going to the gym has a different meaning the older you get. You start out wanting to pump iron, do cardio etc to get buff and look great, as time goes on, you still want to look great but the injuries from lifting what you used to but your body no longer recognises as possible mean everything has to get dialed back, to when you go to the gym thinking if I an give myself a 1% better chance of avoiding death from heart disease etc etc, I'll do it..evolution eh

Of course it can, a lot of people hit their peak cardio fitness in their 30s. There isn't some magical wall at 30 that stops you from getting fitter.
thats you going to the gym not some athlete in an ELITE sports program for last six seven years. he wont improve much if at all.

hes done, cooked, cortorized, pasteurised, finished

We can participate in the MSD if we have a player go on the Inactive List before then - either the result of retirement (Brodie Smith, I'm looking at you!) or season-ending injury/illness.

History suggests that it's likely we'll have at least one season-ending injury/illness by that time, giving us a vacancy we can fill in the MSD.
Many thanks for your response

We can place players on the inactive list to free up room for the MSD. If there are injuries over the preseason we could potentially recruit someone as part of the PSSP. Considering experience from recent years, it is fair to say that both options will most likely arise. Given the depth of this draft, I also believe there will be some talent available after the RD.
Thanks for your response. Vader also responded with virtually the same suggestion.

Lets say Carlton take Draper before us and FOS and Lalor are both taken. Who is our guy. What player are we going to draft to become that prime mid for us?

I enjoy your writeups on this topic. So keep it up.

But to be fair, going to the gym has a different meaning the older you get. You start out wanting to pump iron, do cardio etc to get buff and look great, as time goes on, you still want to look great but the injuries from lifting what you used to but your body no longer recognises as possible mean everything has to get dialed back, to when you go to the gym thinking if I an give myself a 1% better chance of avoiding death from heart disease etc etc, I'll do it..evolution eh
Buff, who needs buff. These days I go twice a week just to keep the body moving and to retain some fexability and muscle strength. No point in trying to be a racehorse. I would simply kill myself trying 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back