List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Money should really not be a concern considering where our list has been at recently, maybe the potential chasing of Gulden, Oliver, English with $1 million+ deals it due us knowing we won't hit the cap floor in the next few years. Other than Rankine who should be getting a big dollar contract increase soon? We've got a lot of talent coming through but they're aren't at the high end of the pay scale just yet.

"The total player payments will jump from $15,022,778 in 2023 to $15,788,222 this year, before rising to $17.76m in 2025, $18.29m in 2026 and $18.44m in 2027."

I'd be really curious how you'd rate these rucks, Mutineer?

Max Heath
Max Knobel
Henry Smith
Harry Barnett
Nick Bryant
Nick Madden
Max Ramsden
For starters you can take 21 year old Henry Smith out of that list, Brisbane aren't letting him go for anything short of a premium pick after putting so much time and patience into him and given Oscar McInerny is 30 and Darcy Fort 31 in a couple of weeks. Brisbane doing exactly what we should have had in process 3 or 4 years ago at least.

But it’s only $200k ish more than a stock standard first ruck. You’re paying for the extra output around the ground and the fact he comes without draft capital outlay.

I’m saying that the alternative is to look in the bargain bin for some rucks, which is a proven effective route for clubs.

If we’re doing that we certainly aren’t paying 650k, let alone 900k+.

For starters you can take 21 year old Henry Smith out of that list, Brisbane aren't letting him go for anything short of a premium pick after putting so much time and patience into him and given Oscar McInerny is 30 and Darcy Fort 31 in a couple of weeks. Brisbane doing exactly what we should have had in process 3 or 4 years ago at least.
Fair, but a lot of clubs don't necessarily want their players to leave. People want opportunity.

We might be better looking at others, but he could be tested with the right offer. Brisbane have Lane and Fullerton too, don't they?

Fair, but a lot of clubs don't necessarily want their players to leave. People want opportunity.

We might be better looking at others, but he could be tested with the right offer. Brisbane have Lane and Fullerton too, don't they?
Kallin Lane yes

Dread the thought we could actually develop a ruck from the get go like most other clibs, that's one area where Port are smarter than us.

Would you pay $500k and a 2nd Round pick for Nick Bryan, or $850k for English?
Where exactly are you getting the $850K for Tim English from? I'd be thinking he'll command more than that especially ftom the WCE with mix of Bailey Williams/Matthew Flynn their lead rucks, Barnett not coming on as quick as they'd like and Archer Reid whilst tall more a Forward than a ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kallin Lane yes

Dread the thought we could actually develop a ruck from the get go like most other clibs, that's one area where Port are smarter than us.
Port don't have any good rucks though?

And they traded for the ones they actually play.

I don't disagree with the idea, but I'm not sure Port is the best example. Maybe North is better?

Port don't have any good rucks though?

And they traded for the ones they actually play.

I don't disagree with the idea, but I'm not sure Port is the best example. Maybe North is better?
Dante Visentini looks pretty bloody good to me for a 21 year old developing ruck.

Averaged 30 hit outs in his 2 AFL games this year

Where exactly are you getting the $850K for Tim English from? I'd be thinking he'll command more than that especially ftom the WCE with mix of Bailey Williams/Matthew Flynn their lead rucks, Barnett not coming on as quick as they'd like and Archer Reid whilst tall more a Forward than a ruck.
I'm just guessing. The market seems to have cooled on him, but you're probably right that is closer to $950k.

I wouldn't be surprised if WCE don't chase him that hard. What use is a mature ruck for them - they'd be better off spending the money on young leaders and that's doesn't seem to be English. He'll be finished before they compete again.

Maybe.

Doesn't get a game for a club that resorts to playing a couple of real battlers, and his SANFL stats don't really leap off the page.

I haven't seen him that much though, so happy to be proven wrong
You will be proven wrong, he has a nice blend of athleticism and hardness and is really starting to fill out bodywise, shouldn't be too long before he's their lead ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back