List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton's Jack Carrol not yet re-signed and out of contract 2024, class midfield/forward outside player?

Sub 5 times this season.
Sort of player we should be looking to add depth to our squad.

Not the end result I would’ve expected

But a result I’m happy with nonetheless
I dare say we told him we're not gonna pay up to get him over. We've got a deal in front of Borlase, realistically there's not a walk up start spot for him at this point. I think Butts has put it beyond doubt he's a best 22 player at this point and I don't see Petty being a significant upgrade on anyone we have.

If we're spending capital to bring in guys the backline is not an area we need to be focusing on at this point.

That's the thing, I don't think ROB is competent.
His marking has totally fallen away and he cant kick and offers very little around the ground.
And his tap work is average
Is this the same ROB who Joey Montagna just spent time praising on First Crack as the "unsung hero" of the Crows win? He showed a montage of what he did in the last 7 minutes(which included a superb tap to Dowling) & bear in mind this was after a full game of being tag-teamed by Goldstein & Draper. He'll do in the short term, but,yes, the club needs to get a succession plan into place quick smart. It's a black mark against Justin Reid that it's not already happening.

DÁlioa is a poor man's version of Matt Crouch, can only play inside mid and it would be a good race between him and Matty speed wise. If we were to look at any midfielder from the SANFL it would have to be Kobe Ryan who is way more versatile and as effective as DÁlioa inside the contest...and has decent pace and endurance./
Ryan certainly played well on Saturday. D'Aloia, like his team, not so well.

Is this the same ROB who Joey Montagna just spent time praising on First Crack as the "unsung hero" of the Crows win? He showed a montage of what he did in the last 7 minutes(which included a superb tap to Dowling) & bear in mind this was after a full game of being tag-teamed by Goldstein & Draper. He'll do in the short term, but,yes, the club needs to get a succession plan into place quick smart. It's a black mark against Justin Reid that it's not already happening.

The thing with ROB is we don't see that sort of performance often enough. Even with all his obvious shortcomings, if he played like that every week nobody would be questioning his place in the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Himmelberg is the depth, he is the depth's depth. He has been largely uncompetitive in his games and kicks junk time goals when the game is over. The support he provides in the ruck is not worth the impact on forward line which is why we tried Borlase in that role
No... Berg is much better than any of Borlase/Gollant/Burgess. The reason we tried Borlase in the role is that Walker, Thilthorpe and Berg were all unavailable due to injury, with Gollant & Burgess having been tried and failed spectacularly.

Berg is depth - not "depth's depth". Gollant & Burgess are "depth's depth". Borlase is a decent defender, but awful as a forward.

No... Berg is much better than any of Borlase/Gollant/Burgess. The reason we tried Borlase in the role is that Walker, Thilthorpe and Berg were all unavailable due to injury, with Gollant & Burgess having been tried and failed spectacularly.

Berg is depth - not "depth's depth". Gollant & Burgess are "depth's depth". Borlase is a decent defender, but awful as a forward.
My comment was about Burgess. EH is the depth and handy if he plays like this year and not last few

My comment was about Burgess. EH is the depth and handy if he plays like this year and not last few
If your comment was about Burgess, then why did you start it with "Himmelberg is the depth, he is the depth's depth"? You didn't even mention Burgess' name in the entire post.

I will note that your post makes a whole lot more sense if the name "Burgess" is substituted where "Himmelberg" appears.

I'm assuming it was a brain-fart/typo? Don't worry, I have them all the time.

If your comment was about Burgess, then why did you start it with "Himmelberg is the depth, he is the depth's depth"? You didn't even mention Burgess' name in the entire post.

I will note that your post makes a whole lot more sense if the name "Burgess" is substituted where "Himmelberg" appears.

I'm assuming it was a brain-fart/typo? Don't worry, I have them all the time.
I responded to someone talking about Burgess. I assumed that putting a comma after the Himmelberg is depth statement would then assume the next part was it's own statement.

I didn't write: Himmelberg is the depth? He is the depth's depth.. That would be completely different

Sorry you misunderstood

The thing with ROB is we don't see that sort of performance often enough. Even with all his obvious shortcomings, if he played like that every week nobody would be questioning his place in the side.
Should be dropped once every 5 weeks

Kallin Lane yes

Dread the thought we could actually develop a ruck from the get go like most other clibs, that's one area where Port are smarter than us.

Are they? They always have them on the list but their rucks for the last 10 years

Ryder
Lycett
Soldo
sweet

All trades in

They have had guys like Ladhams and Hayes on their list - but turfed them both pretty quickly. Also bought in Teakle for a year or two - turfed.

They certainly prioritise the role more than us - but haven’t drafted or nurtured effectively

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Petracca out, Oliver down on form now he can't train while on the gear & Brayshaw retired have compounded it massively. I struggle to see how Fullarton has less impact than Petty. Fullarton won around 16% of hitouts when playing as a ruck 2 seasons ago. He must know he is out the door, can't get a game with dees forward line cooked, can't get a game with Gawn injured.

Are they? They always have them on the list but their rucks for the last 10 years

Ryder
Lycett
Soldo
sweet

All trades in

They have had guys like Ladhams and Hayes on their list - but turfed them both pretty quickly. Also bought in Teakle for a year or two - turfed.

They certainly prioritise the role more than us - but haven’t drafted or nurtured effectively

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Ummm

Sam hayes was on their list from 2017 -2023, that's turfing them pretty quickly OK.

Currently 21 year old Dante Visentini drafted 2021 then extended to 2025, showing great potential in his 2 AFL games this season and dominates most weeks in the SANFL. Dante has shown more than enough to suggest he's ready whenever he's required.

Who are the last 18 year old pure rucks we drafted that actually played AFL?

Hint their christian names are John, Ivan and Jonathon of the 2004 vintage. That's right we drafted 3 ruckmen.

Kurt Tippett was drafted as a Forward.

I responded to someone talking about Burgess. I assumed that putting a comma after the Himmelberg is depth statement would then assume the next part was it's own statement.

I didn't write: Himmelberg is the depth? He is the depth's depth.. That would be completely different

Sorry you misunderstood
To me, saying "depth's depth" means someone you only select when you're scraping the very bottom of the barrel. Maybe I misinterpreted your meaning. If so, I apologise.

Ummm

Sam hayes was on their list from 2017 -2023, that's turfing them pretty quickly OK.

Currently 21 year old Dante Visentini drafted 2021 then extended to 2025, showing great potential in his 2 AFL games this season and dominates most weeks in the SANFL. Dante has shown more than enough to suggest he's ready whenever he's required.

Who are the last 18 year old pure rucks we drafted that actually played AFL?

Hint their christian names are John, Ivan and Jonathon of the 2004 vintage. That's right we drafted 3 ruckmen.

Kurt Tippett was drafted as a Forward.
Are you forgetting ROB? ROB was drafted in the 2014 RD, which would have been just after his 19th birthday. OK, he wasn't 18yo, but close enough to it. He certainly wasn't picked up as a mature aged player, like Strachan.

If you're going to mention the Pond Scum, then you also need to mention Jenkins, Thilthorpe & Berg... but all were drafted more as forwards than ruckmen (same as the Pond Scum).

Most of the "pure" ruckmen we've picked up over that time have been via trades - Lowden, Jacobs.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back